TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo Trip Report: Wal-Mart!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have yet to see a super center...I do have my share of Wal-Mart credits though. (We frequently shop there for our necessities, a skate supply shop is in the shopping center as well, good for me!) So far, I have done 10 different Wal-Marts in the bay area. 2 of the Wally Worlds we frequently visit are nearly identical in layout and are within 5 minutes from each other. One is rather empty, was able to do Black Friday as though it was any other day. 2 of the other Wal-Marts are so over-crowded with aimless shoppers blocking aisles. (ok, done ranting)

So yes, I admit...I do buy stuff there such as clothes (I don't get this whole purchase name brand stuff at the mall thing...so over rated!), and games. And yes, I do some work for Wal-Mart in their DVD transfer stuff...

I never knew Wal-Mart super centers were color-coded for size...I thought it was maybe to help blend with the rest of the shopping center or surrounding environment (green/tan colors to go with maybe a forest-like area, blue/red in maybe more urban area, you get the idea.) Great read and that was probably the quickest I've seen Wal-Mart runs done...we easily spend 2 hours or so...at one point, we spent an entire day there around Christmas time...ate breakfast and lunch there, coming close to dinner as well.

Horay! Somebody else who did a retail and/or fast food TR!

Late night Walmarting is when I get my groceries. Less people and wierdos. Sure, you hear all about them, but I can never find them on buses or at Walmart. Oh, and I will NEVER be drunk in Walmart with "friends" ever again.

Back on track, this was a fun read and you taught me something new about the colors.

Great TR!! Your kids are sooo cute.

Still can't believe that you were in and out in like half an hour! When I used to go to Walmart in Florida, I'd always take just over an hour and miss the bus home and I was only shopping for myself. Then I would have to wait about 45 mins for the bus and all my frozen things would have melted....

Chrissie "Yay for really random TRs" Stevenson

Yeah the color thing is quite interesting, I never heard about that either!

Now here's a question for you...at what age do I have to start putting KidTums in shoes to avoid the "Britney Spears Red Neck White Trash" label. I freaked out yesterday when I realized she didn't have shoes on at the grocery store, but Robb made the comment "She's a Baby!". As long as she's not walking around is it okay until like 18 months!??!

This is the important stuff they don't prepare you for in life!

Y'all don't hold me to this color thing because I really have no idea! That's just what I've heard.

As for the shoes question, I felt like once they learned to walk (granted never in the store) they needed shoes on, just because they weren't really infants anymore, more like toddlers. Now my husband would probably have the same reaction that Robb did, that she's a baby, and she's not walking in the store so it doesn't matter. I guess dads don't really worry about appearances as much as moms do.

I have to say that your first photo trip report is off to a great start. You've had some Happy responses, Angry responses, Censorship, and not one but BOTH Alveys have posted in it! Good Job!

Wow, I feel so honored that you guys found me entertaining! And for both Alveys to post in it...what a way to welcome a newcomer!

Now here's a question for you...at what age do I have to start putting KidTums in shoes to avoid the "Britney Spears Red Neck White Trash" label.

This is the important stuff they don't prepare you for in life!

I believe that answer depends on where you are. Here in Kentucky, that question would never cross the majority of most peoples minds. Shoes are optional, as are teeth. Where you are, north of L.A. the rule of thumb is walking to two years. But, if you were to go inland to San Bernardino or Riverside, you could eke it out till age three. Again, its all regional.

Cool report. Proof that even the most random TRs can be the most amusing if they have good captions and a poster with a great sense of humor . Looking forward to your eventual theme park TRs.

Oh and BTW...Spam rocks!

Walmart is expanding so fast i wouldnt be suprised if we had a coaster there in the near future

You Forgot about the Carosel in the front that all the kids scream and wail at their mommies to put 25 cents in and go around for 1 minute

Walmart is expanding so fast i wouldnt be suprised if we had a coaster there in the near future

You Forgot about the Carosel in the front that all the kids scream and wail at their mommies to put 25 cents in and go around for 1 minute

AKA "Why men like me without kids hate going to retail stores.

Somewhat back on topic, ads and the website are now calling the stores "Walmart," sans hyphen... sorta like Kmart.

WalmartLogo.png.d5054dc4e3fd6f7feab66d51f995e818.png

Forgot the hyphen? Not a problem anymore!

• 2 weeks later...

awesome TR you have inspired me to try differnt TRs, since I currently don't live near any parks. Great job again! I must say that the random pictures kind of gave it a spy type feel. I bet they thought you were a target spy.

P.S. I have no clue why people are complaning about wal-mart in here, its not like this was sam waltons trip report to wal-mart although that would be really funny.

My husband and I used to love to go to Wal-Mart at like 2 a.m. when there was no one there.

Wal-Mart late at night is full of some strange people, and so is Steak 'N' Shake. I'm sometimes frightened, but cart jousting in the parking lot late at night is always fun.

See I may be from the north and call it a shopping cart but hey I let people call them buggies. I generally chuckle when I hear it though. I can just see Collin and Andrew(Carolina Coaster Lover and Pufferfish) doing a photo TR of shopping at our local wal-mart just to take pics of me working in the sporting goods department lol.

When I worked at a Kroger Grocery Store in Lexington, KY, I would ask people if I could have there "cart" to put their bags in it if I was bagging or I would ask them if the bagger could get their cart to put there bags in it and I had a quite a few people just stare at me. I would have to say your "buggy". I called it a shopping cart the entire time I worked there since I wasn't from KY I was going to change how I said it. I would also correct the supervisors when they told me to get the buggies off the parking lot. They knew I was joking around when I would tell them it was a cart.

The Walmarts down here in Florida are ridiculously large I think. Atleast the ones here in the Jacksonville area are. The sides are also switched around from what I am use to. Groceries are on the right and the other stuff is on the left.