• B-
    • AB-
    • I don't know

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes around our area, they give gift certificates for free pies or other such things for donating blood. I used to donate on a regular basis, but stopped when I had a brief period of being anemic and somewhat weak, and when I had to start using insulin. They said I can still donate, but for right now I'm going to hold off.

Over the years, I've donated about 65 pints. Somewhere I have my eight-gallon pin.

But for those of you who haven't done so, this is a great way of providing community service because so much blood is needed. You can also donate blood to your own "bank" in case you're going to have surgery, or you can designate your donation specifically to someone you know who will need it.

And, yes, you do get cookies and juice afterward.

Eric

I'm AB- which is the rare one I think? If it is Ill be donating blood all the time (when I come of age to be able to do it.) Not for the money, but the cookies, lol. But no I'm serious them cookies are good.

Wow you are so lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you see it, getting a transfusion would be difficult if you needed one). Being born with AB- blood is about the same odds a getting a rollback on your first ever Dragster ride. I likes those odds.