TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Plopsaland De Panne Discussion Thread

• 6 months later...
I thought De Panne meant bread.
Lol! No, the park is located in 'De Panne', near the border with France. Thats why the park's "new" (since 2006) name is 'Plopsaland De Panne'.

Actually has the park two names: one in Dutch (Plopsaland De Panne) and one in French (Plopsaland La Panne), just like the village 'De/La Panne'. Why? Because 'De Panne' means something else in French.

That looks great!

It's nice to see that ever more "smaller parks" can now better afford (?) a multiple looping coaster (that isn't a crappy boomerang), with these relatively new coaster types from Maurer Söhne, Gerstlauer and Intamin Mega-Lites etc.

I'll most definitely be going to Brussels in late May, I know this Plopsaland a bit 'far away', 2 hours?

Still, it would be cool if anyone knew when this is supposed to open? (I'm sorry if I've missed it).

Next week they are going to begin with the construction of the coaster. Yay!

Lol, I'm French and De Panne doesn't mean anything from what I know^^
"De" in Dutch isn't the same "De" in French. I don't know the whole story, but I think it must be something historical?

Not that it's interesting, but it's good the know. La traduction de 'de' en Néerlandais et... en Français.

• De (Dutch) = 'Le' or 'La' (French)
  • De (French) = 'Van' (Dutch)

Next week they are going to begin with the construction of the coaster. Yay!

Lol, I'm French and De Panne doesn't mean anything from what I know^^
"De" in Dutch isn't the same "De" in French. I don't know the whole story, but I think it must be something historical?

Not that it's interesting, but it's good the know. La traduction de 'de' en Néerlandais et... en Français.

• De (Dutch) = 'Le' or 'La' (French)
  • De (French) = 'Van' (Dutch)

Voulaient -ils dire que le parc est souvent en panne?

• 2 weeks later...

so today i present you a collection of the newest pics and nolimits simulation video mixed with old intresting things from gerstlauer and http://plopsafansite.be:

first the video:

the newest pic from the station:

source: http://plopsafansite.be/DePanne/2009/index.htm

sadly they changed the final theming, if you don`t remember here is the old artwork which really looks incredible:

so here the new pics from track segments and the building plans:

and here some old artworks:

i hope that they didnt`t changed the theme of the cars too.

Here a random theming artwork:

source for all of that stuffhttp://plopsafansite.be

The new station looks nice, but the old station idea was really cool. Had the park gone with that, it would have probably been better than Top Thrill Dragster's amazing station.

The second top hat though looks a little odd, but it's probably because it has never been done before. However, it might look better when finished, and going by the current theming on the station, this ride will look really cool.

very biiiiig picture update from http://picasaweb.google.be/lancsweertbram/PlopsaCoaster# from the user "bram"!

Seems like the coaster is nearly completed by now.... wonder how fast this thing was built!!!

Compared to the other new european coaster it really looks great! blue fire, "fluch von novgorod" and i-speed really get a new opponent:

Wow wow wow absolutely beautiful the station, the setting, the layout, Is it my eyes or is that blueish/green metalic looking color on that sexy track ? If so very nice

That last inversion turn into the brakes

That min tophat overbanked turn thingy

That little drop out of the station str8 into the launch

Sorry for all the taikos but this coaster looks just truely awesome to me

Big thanks for the pics/update

I am kind of dissapointed that they did not use the upside down station. I really like the whole concept they had going on. But this station is just as lovely as the upside down house, I really canot complain either way, this coaster looks like it is going to be a huge hit with the crowds!

I am kind of dissapointed that they did not use the upside down station. I really like the whole concept they had going on. But this station is just as lovely as the upside down house, I really canot complain either way, this coaster looks like it is going to be a huge hit with the crowds!

I think they wan't to do something with Anubis (a STudio 100 tv show in Belgium/Holland) so they picked this. Don't really like it! the upside down treehouse is way more spectacular imo.

Roller Coaster: Anubis

Amusement Park: Plopsaland (Adinkerke-De Panne, West-Vlaanderen B-8660 Belgium)

Classification: Roller Coaster

Type: Steel - Sit Down

Builder: Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH

Designer: Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH

Lift / Launch System: LSM

Capacity: 700 riders per hour

Length: 1968' 6"

Height: 111' 7"

Inversions: 3

Speed: 55.9 mph

Max Acceleration: 0 − 55.9 mph in 2 seconds

Elements: Dive Loop

Immelmann

Corkscrew

Trains: 4 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 3 rows for a total of 6 riders per car.

Theme: Based on a Dutch TV series by the same name, in which a group of teenagers search for a treasure at their boarding school.

plopsa01.jpg.ef015d2fd10ff3769f809bfe1afcd3e2.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg.a7027008701abf19e439806527ea3985.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg.e21bf2dee431470f32993fdd27da1f4f.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg.aa02e796d1fda26c167e22ca37e2cb0d.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg.7430a6fd17fd5dcee234949cbd592977.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg.15f4ae35b735e4f667654a61d53542e1.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg.21f8779f52be7bb791b0ea23ff64bdec.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg.4b6ce6a02d3e671f26bf945e281f7f2a.jpg