TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Plopsaland De Panne Discussion Thread

This thing looks amazing, I really hope some more of these Mack spinners get built!

I rode Copperhead Strike a few weeks ago and really liked it, but didn't "love" it. The pacing on it with the hangtime and the slower launches wasn't my favorite (it's still like a top 20-30 kind of ride just not top 10). With that being said I can see how that kind of pacing with spinning trains would be really fun, so this type of ride looks awesome.

Well since everyone and their mother seems to think that Cedar Point is getting that new Gerstlauer... that makes KI the prime candidate, right?!

Pretty crazy how the first Extreme Spinner starts with a wicked vertical drop, and this one starts with a Jojo roll.  Wonder what Mack will think of next.

This coaster looks insane. A bent jojo roll with spinning cars probably disorients you like no other. The launch up the tower in the front car and drop off in the back car also seems wild. Tons of freaky elements on this ride! There are SO many parks that could use a coaster like this.

2021 is a great year for Belgium! This and Kondaa? Ya'll are lucky!

On 7/6/2021 at 6:10 PM, DBru said:

Time Traveler totally blew me away and this one looks even better. Can Cedar Point or Kings Island get one soon, plz?

Or can at least Sierra Sidewinder at Knott's be altered and modified to be more like this?

17 hours ago, 805Andrew said:

Or can at least Sierra Sidewinder at Knott's be altered and modified to be more like this?

Yeah and while we're at it let's extend Xcelerator by a mile and add inversions.  Remember that old chestnut?  C'mon, man.

• 3 weeks later...

Have been to the park this Saturday, it had been a while since I've visited the park (Somewhere early in the zero's) so for me it was almost a new park.

Obviously The Ride to Happiness was the main reason to go for me and I have to say it didn't disappoint me. What does baffle me is why this ride is in Plopsaland, like the whole park is filled with family friendly or kid friendly rides and then there is this machine. Like I understand a need to add a thrill ride to give a all round offer of rides but usually you see something less intense like Anubis or Nachtwacht. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining it's just a head-scratcher for me.

What I do know Belgium has been given two wonderful coasters this year and I'm already for a annual visit to either Plopsa or Walibi. Both have a very good excuse if you ask me.:p

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Yesterday late afternoon Ride to Happiness got stuck on it's highest point.

While nothing too strange there, the train did get stuck at 5:15 P.M. causing the park to close at 5:30 P.M. instead of 6 P.M.. Evacuation also wasn't going smooth because of strong winds causing the first people to be evacuated at 9:55 P.M. and the last at 11:30 P.M. with everybody been send to a hospital for a check-up. Currently the train is has been moved and is now stuck between the first drop and the banana roll.

Ride to Happiness will be down for a while to investigate the incident.

Source of the ride getting Stuck

Source of the evacuation

Source of the current train placement