TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The InBev/Busch Discussion Thread

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the world of the global economy. It could get bad, but I'm betting the last concern on anyone's mind involved in this is the theme parks. I'm sure we'll hear something about it in a few months, but for now it probably will just be status quo. As far as a foreign company controlling such an American icon, welcome to capitalism where the "Almighty" is the dollar, not some imaginary being in the sky. As much as we, you may not like it, business is all about making money and if InBev made an offer "they couldn't refuse," then that's what it is.

AB has been praised for the way it treats its employees, distributors, wholesllers, etc. InBev will probably treat them like crap and will cut many jobs, probably putting some families in the poor house the way our economy is today.

It's ironic that they sell themselves to foreigners right when they begin running an ad campaign about how they're proud it's an American owned and operated company.

I am quite disappointed to see that a oncce proud name is being sold to a group of foreign businessmen. While I do not enjoy beer as a whole, there is something about the PRIDE of having a company say "American. And proud of it."

It is -tragic- that in this economy we can simply sell off something that is uniquely ours, something that (when they still had them at the parks) they would show the AMERICAN influences, AMERICAN history, and AMERICAN craftsmanship that made AB what it is today. When you visited their Brewery tours, and saw the Eagle standing there, proudly, you could feel pride in being AMERICAN. Seeing the Eagle on the bottles, on the logos, and on the Flag- All American.

I am not anti-foreign- by any stretch, but I am very PROUD to be an American, and now I'm sad to say that I'm disappointed in August Busch IV's decision to simply let go of the company his forefathers created, nurtured and turned into what it is today. Busch I is now spinning in his grave, and with due course-

Here's something shocking. One report (before this weekends talks), said that InBev will sell the parks or SCRAP them, in order for InBev to help pay for the purchase, which will put them $45B in debt. And you thought Six Flags had it bad...

I would personally stand outside with a picket fence and protest it. I 'm sure y'all would too. Or, as someone mentioned on BGEscape, I would stand with a shotgun and act accordingly.

I'm just gonna think positive. Scapping the parks would be the life of me.

Here's something shocking. One report (before this weekends talks), said that InBev will sell the parks or SCRAP them, in order for InBev to help pay for the purchase, which will put them $45B in debt. And you thought Six Flags had it bad...

I would personally stand outside with a picket fence and protest it. I 'm sure y'all would too. Or, as someone mentioned on BGEscape, I would stand with a shotgun and act accordingly.

Yeah, especially Busch parks. Their some of the nicest parks in the world. I really do hope they are sold. It would be really up setting seeing world class theme parks like this get scraped.

Yeah, especially Busch parks. Their some of the nicest parks in the world. I really do hope they are sold. It would be really up setting seeing world class theme parks like this get scraped.

You want them to be sold? For all we know, during the meetings over the weekend, AB may have said, "Look, we must keep the parks." I hope they keep them, but if not, are spun off to BEC as it's own company.

inbev wants to sell the parks asap when they finished the take over from busch...

if the busch entertainement corporation wants to keep the parks, they're going to have a very low budget i think cause inbev will never spend money on the parks.

i think it's beter to find a decent group who wants to take over the parks...

It's sad and every single press release so far has mentioned nothing other then the brewing side of the company.

Shall see... This still has a couple of chances for falling apart, but I still say this fate is sealed and the parks + other non cores are going to change hands.

As stated only a couple of US companies could handle this type of operation, and only really 2 have the capital to do it but most likely would never. Odds are they will be broken up if sold to secure buyers unless a large over seas group takes them. (Even more insult to injury)

So next question is, who's refunding my Platinum pass when the parks separate, if indeed they do?

byebye.jpg.d4844fca87caf4c6e92660438fb810a7.jpg

ithasbegun.jpg.a52e17c5884fb4b95356c1ebf8906446.jpg

Sounds like a really iffy rumor. What would they gain from scrapping the parks? It's not like we're in the middle of a real estate boom. A spin off would make infinite more sense as opposed to trying to make a quick buck at greatly reduced property values.