TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pre-lifts

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal favorite is the pre-lift on the SCBB Giant Dipper. The grease smell really makes it awesome. Its also surprisingly long

My favorite also! I love that dip from the station and that grease smelling tunnel.

• 1 year later...

Hydra the Revenge- I love the jojo roll. The hang-time I experienced during that inversion is simply amazing.

Revenge of the Mummy (Florida)- A very well themed dark ride portion begins the ride. This includes going backwards too.

Big Thunder Mountain (Florida)- The beginning tunnel is very dark and disorienting.

Space Mountain- There is just something memorable for me about riding down the launch tunnel.

Bobsleds- While not very big, there are several tiny bunny hops out of the station that really set the tone for the ride.

Nitro- I love the swooping drop out of the station, as it gives an incredibly tiny pop of air in the back.

Phoenix- The dark tunnel is a really nice beginning to one of my favorite coasters anywhere.

I will probably surprise a lot of those who already know of this coaster, and have differing opinions of it, on the whole. But for me, this is ONLY for the pre-lift part, yes? ...

Jupiter at Kijima Park in Japan.

The train leaves the station and then slowly picking up speed, enters into the middle of the layout and really cuts thru a nice section of the part-yet-to-ride, before it hits the lift-hill...

And after that lift-hill...... well, that's another critique, lol!

But definitely a good pre-lift, to be sure.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I have to agree - Hydra's jo-jo roll is one of the best.

Other faves include:

Dominator when it was at GL - the long run out over the wetlands

Adventure Express

Son of Beast - I know what you may be thinking but the pre-lift wasn't that bad compared to the rest of the ride.

Phoenix - the darkest tunnel I've ever coasted through

Conneaut's Blue Streak - for its classic musty tunnel