TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pre-lifts

Gee, I'd have to go with the pre-lift on the Thunderbolt at Kennywood. Its got two decent sized drops, an nice turnaround with some high laterals, and a little pop of air at the end (if you sit near the front, that is.)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this memory of something that may not have existed... for some reason, I remember a coaster at Opryland that had its main drop right out of the station. Not that it should be trusted, but my memory is that the lift hill was the last element of the ride and took you back up to the station.

Looking at the coasters on RCDB and other sites, it looks as though Opryland never had something like that.

Anyone know of a ride like that in the midwest or south in the 80s? I was very young and could be merging some memories together

Are you thinking about Red Devil (now Cliffhanger) at Ghost Town in the Sky?

"We would like to pre-board."

"You mean I can get on before I get on?!"

Everytime I read the thread title, I hear Carlin and his rant about pre. I didn't even know you could lift before you lift.

That joke would be relevant if you read the thread. But this is about the track sections before the lift hill, so prelift actually makes sense.

Zing.

TheRapidsNerd wrote:

"We would like to pre-board."

"You mean I can get on before I get on?!"

Everytime I read the thread title, I hear Carlin and his rant about pre. I didn't even know you could lift before you lift.

That joke would be relevant if you read the thread. But this is about the track sections before the lift hill, so prelift actually makes sense.

Zing.

Hey man, it was just a light-hearted observation, not an attack on anyone. The fact that you took offense to it and had to "zing" me is your problem, not mine.

Yes, I did read the thread and understand the topic, despite the often rampant, trendy, and gramatically incorrect use of pre in today's culture (hence my joke's relevence). In this case, you are correct.

Let's be cool, and I apologize right now for the offense. Ok?

I think the best pre-lift will be the one from that new coaster for Thrope Park. It looks like alot of fun.

The best pre-lift to me now, would be any coaster that launches straight up (Kingda Ka, TTD, Stealth, etc). Those build up so much anticipation before the ride actually begins.

I also like Hydra's and Nemesis Inferno's pre-lifts.

Hey, Hey, Hey-

I must say that two coasters located in KENNYWOOD have interesting pre-lifts; in fact, the lift hills are in the middle of the ride. Of course, I'm talking about The Jack Rabbit and Thunderbolt.

Then at my homepark of Kings Dominion, I like the pre-lifts of the Rebel Yell.

I think the best pre-lift will be the one from that new coaster for Thrope Park. It looks like alot of fun.

The best pre-lift to me now, would be any coaster that launches straight up (Kingda Ka, TTD, Stealth, etc). Those build up so much anticipation before the ride actually begins.

I also like Hydra's and Nemesis Inferno's pre-lifts.

Im looking forward to Thorpe Parks new coaster, hopefully the dark ride section before the lift will be well themed.

Im also a fan of launched coasters that launch from the station itself such as Rita, Stealth, Xcelerator. I know its not really much of a pre lift but I love being so close when the train gets thrown out the station. Its great fun to see the expressions people pull.

• 6 months later...