TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pre-lifts

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tunnel on Phoenix is great, with the pitch black darkness and the lovely smell of grease.

Nitro is also good as the predrop is alot bigger than any other B&M's Ive been one.

Nemesis Inferno is probably my favorite. The train picks up quite alot of speed before twisting gently from side to side through the mist.

Hades is my favorite as it's my favorite part of the ride. Thunderbolt's (Kennywood) was fun too.

I also kind of like Wildcat at Lake Compounce's prelift. It's boring, slow, and uneventful, however I love riding it in the back seat and watching/feeling the train flex as it slides through the turns. Not really a fun part of the ride (or a fun ride at all) but there's something about that that I love watching. Raven kind of does the same thing on the prelift with it's older train, but to a lesser degree as two bench trains don't seem to flex as much.

Hades; all the way.

+The other funs ones are , Expedition Everest, and Son Of Beast. Oh yeah the hulk.. But it really isnt a pre-lift, it was more of a show then again its not even a lift. Its a launch...

Haha

And Fahrenheit is just intimidating sitting there looking straight up 110feet at the lift. And thinking "lift hills aren't supposed to do that." and the dual chain lift is so unusual it's intimidating.

I totally agree with that!

I really like Hydra's super slow roll though. It's probably my favorite pre-lift I've been on. However, I do like the slow anticipation on TTD even though its a pre-launch...

I thought the prelift on Hercules was the best part of the ride. The prelift was pretty good. The one on Predator slightly reminds me of it. Hydra's prelift is only good for the jo jo roll. The turn afterwards to the lift is terrible. It still tops all the other B&M prelifts. I always liked the tunnel on Phoenix. The prelift on Roar! is better than the one on Thunderhead.

The Voyage has a cool pre lift section, but it's hard to remember it since the post-lit section kills so many brain cells.

Voyage's pre-lift is a piece of straight track, and then a 5ft dip onto the lift...

Holiday World doesn't seem to care much for cool pre-lifts

Wood: Phoenix tunnel. Its pitch black, turns, and it builds up for the epic airtime your about to experience

Steel: MM. Something tells me its the closest thing we have in the US to that Scooby Doo coaster in Australia. Its a great dark ride section with outer-banked turns, quick drops, and an addicting song.

I have this memory of something that may not have existed... for some reason, I remember a coaster at Opryland that had its main drop right out of the station. Not that it should be trusted, but my memory is that the lift hill was the last element of the ride and took you back up to the station.

Looking at the coasters on RCDB and other sites, it looks as though Opryland never had something like that.

Anyone know of a ride like that in the midwest or south in the 80s? I was very young and could be merging some memories together

Wood: I'd have to say Son of Beast. It's a great little, smoother, teaser of what you just got yourself into.

Steel: This is harder. I'd have to say Adventure Express (Kings Island). It's pre-lift is pretty long and has some nice sounds and thematic effects. Also I like the pre-lift of Dominator (Geauga Lake/Kings Dominion). It's actuall quite long compared to other B&M pre-lifts and it was neat at Geauga Lake goin' over the water.