TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Knoebels 7/7/08

Hey Guys!

Last monday I met up with my roommate from the Behemoth/Ravine Flyer 2 trip at knoebels to get to know each other and to ride some great rides.

Though it rained, we had a great time.

General thoughts follow:

Phoenix in the third row is beyond awesome, and is now in my top 3 wooden coasters.

Twister is a crazy mess of track, and is crazy fun!

If you value feeling in your legs, do not ride looper.

If you are so fat that you have to ride a scooter, you should not be at an amusement park!

If you see an older guy in a knoebels uniform waiting in line for a coaster, talk to him. He's a great guy.

Knoebels food is great, and will not break your wallet.

Crew were ridding flying turns, but was not open yet.

The flyers are still one of the best flats ever!

Enough with the talking, lets get to some pictures!

Splash-hug.jpg.0aa7d04c26f99fa852fcd02c4193faac.jpg

I leave you with my favorite picture, even with a tree in the shot.

crazy-tenter.jpg.69ece21616e493b8f537650cc210f85c.jpg

As soon as I took this picture, some crazy guy started to walk toward me, so I slowly walked away!

Best-Go-Kart-Ever.jpg.b6c35e2c24bfd23bf31d5ede3a764269.jpg

Best go-kart course ever!!!

paratroopers.jpg.4c3361803aa2529ba5dca8b9c5aeb82b.jpg

Nothing here...move along...

footers.jpg.ce48f1ef418064bf9244492a804a61f0.jpg

Hey, it's footers for a new coas....never-mind, they're just boxes.

real-food.jpg.49b2657ad9bfe3dc23d4d66075819169.jpg

Now that is a real amusement park meal!

twister-breaks.jpg.265c9b23c56c2d9502ad9ba7de6a15b1.jpg

Ahh, it cant be over already.

twister-rain.jpg.fa535e56dc37d39759438c21691b73a1.jpg

I'm riding twister in the rain, twister in the rain...

main-twister.jpg.6949bd13a3f12394c3564942ae988103.jpg

Not even the rain can stop the all powerful Twister!

lemon.jpg.7e11ff46d63d957ebc29cb848845e372.jpg

Are you driving a lemon?

pheonix-tunnel.jpg.1a86d973074a3c4221f17efdca10c145.jpg

People descending into phoenix's dark and quite fun tunnel.

pheonix-lift.jpg.5cbddafa0d49faacb1bcd99dc516d740.jpg

All hail the almighty Phoenix!

apple.jpg.69d80e203d0cea8752628d202014d334.jpg

How's it hanging at the apple?

whipper-snapper.jpg.10168e39d6e791abd0f219bc96558d1e.jpg

I love the expressions on their faces!

superman.jpg.425078b140cf948a71ecf85d9328e930.jpg

Where's superman when you need him?

wipeout-popular.jpg.489c099e7861484e98e8042957b335dd.jpg

New for 08- Wipeout, and you can see how popular it is.

flying-frogs.jpg.3ec022c071e29518285c82b750bc0563.jpg

Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem!

do-not-park.jpg.6aee7e89f113b2bcdddc9dfcaafe891c.jpg

Noted!

sign.jpg.401332cea3817d82b9e373b42235bffb.jpg

Hey, we're here, and incase we forget where we are, this sign will help us out.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are so fat that you have to ride a scooter, you should not be at an amusement park!

What if they are there with thier family? What if it isn't because they are big, but because of some other physical ailment that has nothing to do with how big they are? Sorry, people that just assume because bigger people on a scooter doesn't belong in a theme park bugs me. They pay to get in also.

Anyway, great photos, but no flying turns photos? I too, also want to get to this park.

What if they are there with thier family? What if it isn't because they are big, but because of some other physical ailment that has nothing to do with how big they are? Sorry, people that just assume because bigger people on a scooter doesn't belong in a theme park bugs me. They pay to get in also.

Anyway, great photos, but no flying turns photos? I too, also want to get to this park.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anybody

I saw the same people all day, by themselves, so I assumed they were alone, but I didn't think about family.

Again, sorry:(

PS- I took some flying turns photos, but there were so many on the internet, that I didn't post them.

flyers-turns.jpg.0a060167b0743978712001de13ef0215.jpg

Two (hopefully) awesome rides in one shot!

turns-lift.jpg.3e01bb6da8005596221f4bc962a9fdc2.jpg

The final lift, all the way into the station.

wide-turns.jpg.883703d31338a4abd31e8338d5328995.jpg

From afar, it still looks great.

I can see the park's new commercial now...

"Come to Knoebels... because nothing says love quite like getting drenched by a water ride.

Knoebels... because we care about helping you get some. Experience the magic."

Ok, that was lame. I know. Great photos and TR.

Great pics! I love Knoebles even though I almost died there (I was on the ski lift & it started raining & the power went out. My friend, his dad, & me were stuck on a ski lift getting soaked. Then it started thundering & lightning. We almost were struck. After twenty minutes we got of the ride and all Knoebels did was give us are tickets back and a crappy towel. So we went to Hershey Park which is better. Oh yeah my friends are never going back & I'm never going on a ski lift again) I love how there prices for food are cheap & the food is good. Not to mention the Phoenix is one of the best woodies I've ever ridden & they have my favorite dark ride

The Wipeout is open, and does attract a fair number of riders when it's running. Apparently it's broken down a few times already though, and when I was there on the 4th it was closed for a while because somebody puked on it.

The Wipeout is open, and does attract a fair number of riders when it's running. Apparently it's broken down a few times already though, and when I was there on the 4th it was closed for a while because somebody puked on it.

Yeah, lets just say that I was about to join that lovely group of company, and loose my lunch.

I think it should be renamed, to the lovely sound of Clothes Washer: The Ride!

What if they are there with thier family? What if it isn't because they are big, but because of some other physical ailment that has nothing to do with how big they are? Sorry, people that just assume because bigger people on a scooter doesn't belong in a theme park bugs me.

It's pretty clear that he meant it as a joke. Chill out. There's enough of that "Let's pick apart everything someone says to go on self-righteous morality binges" in the U.S. presidential race. It's not necessary here.

And for the record...

They pay to get in also.

Knoebels has free admission.

Nice TR, ms13. Good to hear FT is finally doing something...

Great pics! I love Knoebles even though I almost died there (I was on the ski lift & it started raining & the power went out. My friend, his dad, & me were stuck on a ski lift getting soaked. Then it started thundering & lightning. We almost were struck. After twenty minutes we got of the ride and all Knoebels did was give us are tickets back and a crappy towel. So we went to Hershey Park which is better. Oh yeah my friends are never going back & I'm never going on a ski lift again) I love how there prices for food are cheap & the food is good. Not to mention the Phoenix is one of the best woodies I've ever ridden & they have my favorite dark ride

What else could they have given you? It's not like they can give you a free ticket to come back to the park since it's free to get in. How did they evacuate you guys anyway?

I will be coming to the park at the beginning of August for 4 days in a row! I really hope FT to be open, but I don't see that really happening unfortunately.

Ahh, I love summer. Summer = Knoebles

Did you go on The Looper? It's one of the most bizarre rides I've been on. I was there on Friday and I rode it for the first time. It was SO much fun but I got so dizzy lol.

Wipeout is fun but they don't allow single riders (the only other one I've ridden was Rodeo in Hershey but I don't seem to recall them doing that, maybe it's me). That kind of bothered me because the seats are barely comfortable for two people the way it is. I guess that's half the fun but the ride, to me, seems to spin fairly fast...my brother sat on the end and on each turn I would really slam into him. I mean really slam! I was getting worried that he'd break a freakin rib or something lol.

Wipeout is fun but they don't allow single riders

The strange thing is that they did allow single riders when we were there.

However, matt sat on the inside, by him self, and lets just say his ride wasn't very comfortable.

I did ride looper, but as I said, If you value feeling in your legs, it's not the ride for you.

Lets just say I'm not going to be lining up for it's autograph .

However, matt sat on the inside, by him self, and lets just say his ride wasn't very comfortable.

I did ride looper, but as I said, If you value feeling in your legs, it's not the ride for you.

Wow, really? I tried it but they were so gung-ho about it, about that and the restraints. They pushed the lap bar down to the point where we (as in everyone in the car) couldn't bend our knees

Of all my years of going to Knoebel's, I never got the sense that they were really, really an*l about restraints like some parks are (i.e. I think the fact that the Phoenix has just a lap bar and nothing else is a rarity, giving how much air-time you get on it)...yet for some reason, they were so an*l about Wipeout. It just struck me as odd and un-Knoebels-like.

Sorry for the vent. It's been bothering me since Friday LOL.

I think if I was younger, The Looper wouldn't have affected me like it did. Not only did it make me really dizzy but my arms are (still) really sore lol. Kind of made me feel old

Wow, really? I tried it but they were so gung-ho about it, about that and the restraints. They pushed the lap bar down to the point where we (as in everyone in the car) couldn't bend our knees

Of all my years of going to Knoebel's, I never got the sense that they were really, really an*l about restraints like some parks are (i.e. I think the fact that the Phoenix has just a lap bar and nothing else is a rarity, giving how much air-time you get on it)...yet for some reason, they were so an*l about Wipeout. It just struck me as odd and un-Knoebels-like.

Sorry for the vent. It's been bothering me since Friday LOL.

I think if I was younger, The Looper wouldn't have affected me like it did. Not only did it make me really dizzy but my arms are (still) really sore lol. Kind of made me feel old

That is strange that they are so cautious about the wipeout restraints. Matt sat on the outside seat and I sat on the inside seat by myself so we could each have more leg room. NEVER sit in the inside seat if there is no one sitting next to you. It was so painful because the seatbelt cuts right into your stomach. I was almost about to take off the seatbelt in the middle of the ride so I could move over to the outside seat, but I decided to just stay put and take on the pain.

The thing I like most about this TR? The Spaghetti Night sign lol!

Quick question: What's with the tents? Are you allowed to camp there? Also why is entrance free?

Knoebels has a campground as well. Not only Knoebels has an amusement park, it has a swimming pool with some water slides and a kiddie play area, two campgrounds, a golf course, and a lumber/ hardware store.

The entrance is free, but you have to pay for the rides. There's no fence around the amusement park itself. It's great for those who are afraid of heights or have motion sickness. There are many other parks that have free admission

Im surprised the Wipeout isn't more popular. When I was at Waldameer over Memorial Day there were always quite a few people in line for it. It was the first time I had rode that particular model and I thought it was great! The final spin cycle at the end really caught me off guard!

FWIW, they do allow single riders on the Wipeout at Waldameer.

There are other parks with free admission (2 or 3 of them in Pennsylvania in fact), but if any of them are anywhere near as good as Knoebels I haven't heard of them.

The campground is closer to the park than most of the parking lot is. (The picnic area is in the way.) In fact, there are campsites right outside Twister's fence. (This is only cool until they start hammering on it in the morning and you're still asleep though...)

Not only can you camp at Knoebels, you can take your pets with you, in the campground and in the park. Some people have even taken their dogs on the train.

They also have cabins in the campground, and rental houses as well that are practically in the park. I wonder why the Knoebels site doesn't have links to their individual sites (for the houses). My dog loves the trains btw, lol. I think we had him on the antique car ride as well.