TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Chance Rides Toboggan

Yo Folks!

We recently realized that for me, Chance Rides really have defined what a carnival is for me. Not only my undying adoration for the Zipper, the gut busting Skydiver, or the only one left in existence magnificent TURBO(In Australia). And of course the awkward(yet for many the only version of a coaster that ever came around as a kid in a small town), the Toboggan.

I know there are a couple of them fixed in international locations, but can anyone tell me where in the U.S. I can find one? Are there any carnivals like Butler or RCS that still travel with one?

I should probably put it to rest, riding the Hurricane last year was a big mistake(all the lights had electrical tape & something fell off & hit the car as we rode & the impact really hurt).

But once I get a nostalgic hair, I can get obsessive.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of 3 right off the top of my head. One is in Ocean City, Maryland at Trimper's Pier. The second is Lakemont Park in Altoona, Pennsylvania and the third in Little-A-Merrik-A in Marshall, Wisconsin. Use RCDB.com to do a search for them. They are very unique rides, not too much fun though once you get to the bottom of the tower.

Now, if we could just get someone to ressurect a Turbo so I don't have to fly to Aussieland to Ride it.

(Though that's not out of the question).

I recently saw a movie in which there was a defunct amusement park(Outside of Berlin). I started jumping up & down in my seat because I thought I saw Turbo cars in the scene. Unfortunately it was a Zombie movie, so quite innapropriate to be geeking out about a ride, & it turns out it was no Turbo, but some weird German Skybucket ride.

Now, if we could just get someone to ressurect a Turbo so I don't have to fly to Aussieland to Ride it.

(Though that's not out of the question).

I recently saw a movie in which there was a defunct amusement park(Outside of Berlin). I started jumping up & down in my seat because I thought I saw Turbo cars in the scene. Unfortunately it was a Zombie movie, so quite innapropriate to be geeking out about a ride, & it turns out it was no Turbo, but some weird German Skybucket ride.

Cool... I am a total Zombie movie fan. What movie did you watch?

I've been on the Little Amerricka one, it was an interesting experience, and I will be riding the Lakemont one in August.

Looking at RCDB, I'm amazed that there has been at some point over 20 of these in existence, Hersheypark even had 2 in the 70's. Although the ride experience doesn't match the visuals, they just look insane, I was so impressed when I first saw a picture of one.

Toboggans are very unique rides. They'll kill you, but nonetheless they're very unique. I rode on a few days ago at Trimper's, and it was fun until I got to the bottom of the tower lift hill thing. OMG, those bunny hills hurt!!

I will definitely agree that they're unique......although I would not feel a need to ride any more I come across after riding the one at Lakemont a couple years ago (I know, revoke my "coaster whore license" ) That thing was pretty bad, and also a rough little devil. I think what really kills these things is that ridiculous ride car. Who in their right mind thought those caged little monstrosities was a good idea?!?

These coasters are really not good for you if you are claustrophobic. I remember riding the one at Conneaut Lake Park and it of course was very rough. The drop after the spiral section was painful. Last year I rode the one at Lakemont. It was better than the one at CLP, but not by much. They are unique, but cheap rides.

theres a couple of them that travel here in the uk and the traveling model only requires two trucks to transport! its quite impressive to watch the setup of one!

I heard it needs a crane though to put it up as another truck. So, it's really 3 unless you have another ride that needs a crane, or somehow you can fit a crane on the Toboggan.