TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island building a B&M Hyper Coaster

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just got a KI email regarding Wednesday's announcement that specifically references "Letting the horse out of the barn". I didn't catch any references to lasers, snakes or fire, however. Sorry, Wes.

Well I don't think Wes meant that as an actual name, I say the "Laser snake horse on fire" thing was just a cheap shot on Cedar Fair's coaster names.

Well, I just got a KI email regarding Wednesday's announcement that specifically references "Letting the horse out of the barn". I didn't catch any references to lasers, snakes or fire, however. Sorry, Wes.

Well I don't think Wes meant that as an actual name, I say the "Laser snake horse on fire" thing was just a cheap shot on Cedar Fair's coaster names.

Poppycock, my good lad. Wes obviously is in the know on this situation. Just add up the clues:

1. A teaser sign at the park mentions that "infrared detectors are in use," a sign that we are dealing with some spiffy technology.

Score one point for "laser."

2. The media package mentions that "the park strikes back," and also has a bottle of "serum." We usually think of a snake as "striking" when it bites, and a serum would be used to prevent death from snake venom. Plus, eye of the creature in the crate definitely resembles the stereotypical snake eye.

Score three points for "snake."

3. The email from Kings Island mentions "letting the horse out of the barn" and teaser signs around the park have said "Ride Sally Ride," an obvious reference to the song, Mustang Sally.

Score two points for "horse."

4. It has already been revealed that the ride will end with a splashdown, which obviously would represent the laser snake horse's fire getting extinguished.

Score one point for "fire."

Add them up and what do you get? Laser Snake Horse on Fire! Cedar Fair is obviously trying to redeem themselves after creating embarrassing names such as Flight Deck, Drop Tower, and Night Hawk. Wes, thank you for leaking this insider information.

I think they are just using the "Beast box". I don't think it really relates.

Yeah but there are a lot of things that point to a member of the Beast family.

1) In Kings Island's official website when you put the arrow on the wooden crate it shakes, (like some huge beast trying to get out).

2) The moving eye.

3) The people in the 3 short videos you can find by clicking on the box that shakes are obviously running from something and they seem to be as scared as the people in Blair Witch.

EDIT: Oh and Someone on COASTER-net said that if anyone took "Laser snake horse on fire" seriously that it was just plain sad. It was not me

Tomorrow can't come soon enough for an official announcement!

You know what would be downright hilarious/cruel, if the B&M track was actually for another Cedar Fair park...imagine all the upset King's Island visitors!!

1) In Kings Island's official website when you put the arrow on the wooden crate it shakes, (like some huge beast trying to get out).

2) The moving eye.

3) The people in the 3 short videos you can find by clicking on the box that shakes are obviously running from something and they seem to be as scared as the people in Blair Witch.

I really didn't want to get involved too heavily in this nerdy, frantic, and often times fanboy-ish speculation, but, it cleary is not going to be another "Beast". What would it be? Grandson of Beast? 5th Cousin twice removed of Beast? They are just using the "Beast" thing as a marketing gimmick. The eye that is seen is something of a reptile. I would like to say that I will have to go with Wes' rendition as the most plausible at this point.

Poppycock, my good lad. Wes obviously is in the know on this situation. Just add up the clues:

1. A teaser sign at the park mentions that "infrared detectors are in use," a sign that we are dealing with some spiffy technology.

2. The media package mentions that "the park strikes back," and also has a bottle of "serum." We usually think of a snake as "striking" when it bites, and a serum would be used to prevent death from snake venom. Plus, eye of the creature in the crate definitely resembles the stereotypical snake eye.

3. The email from Kings Island mentions "letting the horse out of the barn" and teaser signs around the park have said "Ride Sally Ride," an obvious reference to the song, Mustang Sally.

4. It has already been revealed that the ride will end with a splashdown, which obviously would represent the laser snake horse's fire getting extinguished.

Add them up and what do you get? Laser Snake Horse on Fire! Cedar Fair is obviously trying to redeem themselves after creating embarrassing names such as Flight Deck, Drop Tower, and Night Hawk. Wes, thank you for leaking this insider information.

This is the best post.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough for an official announcement!

You know what would be downright hilarious/cruel, if the B&M track was actually for another Cedar Fair park...imagine all the upset King's Island visitors!!

...And then I laugh my ass off because I was right about it being a Maverick-esque coaster named Diamondback the whole time?

This is the best post.

I agree! People thought LSHOF was all fake and crap, but it's the most probable of them all! Can't wait for the shirt, Jared!

^ I don't get it. It's not like the ride is going to be built by tomorrow. And unless you are a member of the press, I don't really think you would have been invited to the announcement.

You don't get it? Well let me explain it to you. If I was there tomorrow I would get into the announcement, because I doubt that they wouldn't let at least season pass holders in, let alone the GP. Also I don't think that they would send an email out, to everyone who's registered in their system, if they weren't going to allow them to view/listen to the announcement.

^ I don't get it. It's not like the ride is going to be built by tomorrow.

Jay, are you doubting the abilities of the LSHoF? Just a word to the wise, my friend....we overheard our next door neighbors doubting it last week too. What happened last night? Their first born went missing in the night. All that was heard in the distance was galloping......and slithering.....and fire....

2) The moving eye.

I really didn't want to get involved too heavily in this nerdy, frantic, and often times fanboy-ish speculation, but, it cleary is not going to be another "Beast". What would it be? Grandson of Beast? 5th Cousin twice removed of Beast? They are just using the "Beast" thing as a marketing gimmick. The eye that is seen is something of a reptile. I would like to say that I will have to go with Wes' rendition as the most plausible at this point.

I don't want to be a fanboy either and Yes any other beast family names I can think of would stink, but reptiles are genrally slow to human standards so I don't think you would need to run from any reptile, not that a snake theme would be bad. There are alot of other snake themed coasters. Well unless it was a giant anaconda that had a little too much sugar but you know what I mean.