TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island building a B&M Hyper Coaster

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^Names get recycled & reused by multiple parks all the time...just think of how many "cyclone" coasters are out there worldwide.

They're probably going to use a snake theme & name for the ride but for all we know it could be named Maverick,Behemoth or (drumroll please) Dominator.Regardless of the name it's the ride quality that actually counts....I don't know about you but when I'm riding a coaster I'm too busy enjoying the experience to concern myself with the name of the ride in question.

To me Diamondback makes little to no sense. Why on earth when a small park has an Arrow shuttle coaster named as such, would a major park go with a name like that? I mean would Kings Island want thier biggest baddest ride to be confused with "Frontier City's "
You can't seriously think that people are going to confuse Kings Island's Diamondback (if that is the name) with a tiny Arrow shuttle coaster at Frontier City. I'll bet 99 percent of the people visiting Kings Island don't even know there is a Frontier City.

To me Diamondback makes little to no sense. Why on earth when a small park has an Arrow shuttle coaster named as such, would a major park go with a name like that? I mean would Kings Island want thier biggest baddest ride to be confused with "Frontier City's "

They didn't have any problem naming WOF's new B&M steel inverted coaster Patriot after "Castles n' Coasters" coaster...

this is truly amazing, especially becasue I was planning on going to Ohio next year for King's Island. I love the layout, the color of the track, and Im really curious about the water splash. this is one awesome coaster! too bad KD probably won't see anything like this....

However, they have not destroyed the old Hypersonic XLC station, coaster storage house, and they built another shed where the que line was. It makes me curious as to what they might be doing back there...

I hope it's a B&M hyper like this one, however they would have a hard time with clearance over the HURLER....

anybody know what's going on with that?

I'm not sure what it's been about this KI coaster, but I haven't really gotten into the speculation that much, even before the blueprints were found. I guess because it was "almost confirmed" for so long that it was going to be a hyper. I'm still looking forward to the announcement. Hopefully the name will be interesting.

Does anybody think this will be another sequel to The Beast?

I think there are a lot of hints that strongly point to that, but more and more hints seem to suggest a snake theme as well, like "The parks strikes back in 2009" as well as the serum in the media packages. It would be kind of cool if they made it a member of the Beast family, but given that it is Cedar Fair, I'm no longer expecting anything creative that might be linked to the park's history. Maybe I'm wrong.

My mom got an email about this Wednesday when they are "unleashing" this attraction. We don't know why SHE got it, but still.

It said "the horse gets let out of the barn" and also that this Wednesday, the ride will be "unmasked". This leads me to believe that it may be Red Mustang, or something of the sort (yet why is there a snake?), but also something about a rider.

Just wanted to say ...

Does anybody think this will be another sequel to The Beast?

I think there are a lot of hints that strongly point to that, but more and more hints seem to suggest a snake theme as well, like "The parks strikes back in 2009" as well as the serum in the media packages. It would be kind of cool if they made it a member of the Beast family, but given that it is Cedar Fair, I'm no longer expecting anything creative that might be linked to the park's history. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah but that's got to be an awfully big and fierce snake for it to be confined in a large wooden crate.

www.pki.com/#actions

^ It makes sense. Is it half-laser-snake and half-horse or half-laser and half-snake-horse? That's where I'm confused. I understand the crate and how this ride will be themed, but this is what I just don't get.

^ It makes sense. Is it half-laser-snake and half-horse or half-laser and half-snake-horse? That's where I'm confused. I understand the crate and how this ride will be themed, but this is what I just don't get.

It's 50% laser snake (a snake from the future with the ability to shoot lasers) and 50% horse. It's also 100% on fire.