TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island building a B&M Hyper Coaster

I quit talking a long time ago, because nobody listened to me, so you'll all just have to wait until it's announced.

Mr. jamesdillaman,

Didn't you read Wes's wonderfully written list on the lifecycle of a coaster installation? It's REQUIRED that we speculate, speculate, speculate, and then build this thing up to be the Second Coming, only to rip it to shreds once the announcement is made? Hell-OOO! You're asking WAY too much for us to be rational and keep our expectations in check.

(Wes, I couldn't find that list. It seriously needs re-posting in all its glory!)

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit talking a long time ago, because nobody listened to me, so you'll all just have to wait until it's announced. This is one of the most ridiculous threads on TPR, and I'm including the "rides on the moon" thread.

-James Dillaman

With all due respect Mr. Dillaman, this thread has largely been fueled by you and your "sources." You are just upset because people like myself haven't bought into everything your sources have said. Last week, they were 60% sure the name was going to be "Mustang." As much as I appreciate your 'insider information,' you can't really get pissed at people for not believing every word you say because in the end, you are just a regular Joe like the rest of us. God forbid we be excited about a ride and speculate about it.

All I have to say, is that if Cedar Fair is going to have the balls to say this is the biggest announcement in the 36-year history of the park [a history that includes the longest coaster in the world (at the time), tallest and fastest wooden coaster in the world, and and tallest drop tower in North America], this better be incredibly spectacular and beyond what I have been anticipating.

All I have to say, is that if Cedar Fair is going to have the balls to say this is the biggest announcement in the 36-year history of the park [a history that includes the longest coaster in the world (at the time), tallest and fastest wooden coaster in the world, and and tallest drop tower in North America], this better be incredibly spectacular and beyond what I have been anticipating

I'd be shocked if they built a top 5 level coaster. I'm not expecting them to top GeForce. Though it should be much better than everything else they've got and I'm definitely getting a season pass for next season.

^Oh yeah, I'm not expecting them to top GeForce or anything in quality. I'm just stunned that they are actually calling it the biggest announcement in the park's history when the park has had a pretty eventful and significant history... unless this ride breaks some major record or is expected to be an insanely wild ride.

^Oh yeah, I'm not expecting them to top GeForce or anything in quality. I'm just stunned that they are actually calling it the biggest announcement in the park's history when the park has had a pretty eventful and significant history, unless this ride breaks some major record or is expected to be an insanely wild ride.

Well, they're probably going by the fact that this will be their largest investment in a ride to date.

So now there's a mustang that could be a logo? I'm still confused about the infrared. Does anyone know if there's a heat-seeking missile called the mustang? Maybe it's some sort of crazy space mustang. Or the park confused infrared with radar, thinking infrared can track the speed of something (you know, since this coaster will be fast, and a radar gun can track that speed).

Arrrrg. I just want the announcement.

(Wes, I couldn't find that list. It seriously needs re-posting in all its glory!)

LIFE CYCLE OF A "NEW COASTER" THREAD ON TPR

1. After months of rumors and speculation, the ride is announced. The ride is immediately hit with negative views because it didn't live up to the hype coasterboy2194210 had set when he heard from his friend's uncle that it was going to be a 900 foot prototype.

2. Complaints about: The name, the stats, the colors, the trains, and the station layout, sometimes all in the same post. This is based off a crudely done 3D video.

3. Random new threads pop up in the next few weeks, breaking the news of the brand new coaster, even though the original thread is probably still on the first page near the top.

4. People start complaining about the lack of construction, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

5. Construction starts, people start complaining about the lack of construction updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another piece had been put up!!!

6. Criticism over the differences between the constructed portions versus the concept art begin. Page upon page of bitter feuding on whether the angle of descent was incorrect begins.

7. The construction is finished. People start complaining about the lack of testing, and wonder if the ride will be finished on time.

8. Testing starts, people start complaining about the lack of testing updates. No pictures from 2:35 this afternoon? But another train has been cycled!!!

9. Someone rides the coaster and reports back. If the review is so-so to good, the person obviously caught it on a bad early run. If the review is glowing, the person obviously hasn't ridden many coasters.

10. The ride opens. The fanboys descend en masse, declaring the ride the best coaster to ever touch god's green earth. Wild claims are thrown out, like the coaster is able to cure cancer, and has ejector airtime even on the brake run and station.

11. A well-travelled, highly regarded TPR member finally rides it, and gives a good but not great review. Fanboys cry foul, saying the person rode it on an off-day.

12. Pages upon pages of comparison to every single amusement ride known to man ensue.

13. As more people ride, the reviews eventually settle into a particular area (bad, moderate, good, great, excellent) and people stop posting in the thread.

14. Meanwhile, dirt has been dug up somewhere else in the park...the cycle begins again.