TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island building a B&M Hyper Coaster

How about re-tracking the beast and getting rid of the trims and then tearing SOB down and replacing it with a terrain intamin woodie. A back to glory beast, new hyper, and new intamin plug 'n' play would make KI a must visit park.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about re-tracking the beast and getting rid of the trims and then tearing SOB down and replacing it with a terrain intamin woodie. A back to glory beast, new hyper, and new intamin plug 'n' play would make KI a must visit park.

Ah yes, and all of the ride operators will Swedish bikini models and the water fountains will be turned into free Icee dispensers and they'll valet park your car and wash it while you're in the park.

Wow, I think some people here are just too picky. I think KI is a great park and has a lot to offer. Well this is coming from a kid that grew up at KI and then moved to a park where it's best coaster is Superman Ride of Steel and nothing else. I am getting tired of going to SFNE and just riding S:ROS 10 times when everything else sucks. I am excited to move back to this park. I am even going to work there. I have an interview on Sunday and I am pumped to work there.

Alright, to bring this back to the name game, and I know I will be called an idiot, probably, for saying this, but my guess is Raptor. Yeah there is a Raptor a few hours away, but think about it, the eye is of a reptile, its large, intimidating, and well it works. Will that be the name? Doubt it, but it would be interesting.

Raptor is a bird ...

Alright, to bring this back to the name game, and I know I will be called an idiot, probably, for saying this, but my guess is Raptor. Yeah there is a Raptor a few hours away, but think about it, the eye is of a reptile, its large, intimidating, and well it works. Will that be the name? Doubt it, but it would be interesting.

Raptor is a bird ...

Or a dinosaur.

I's ... That red track. Could this track be the old mystery track!

No. Different ties and different shade of red. The track is also alot smaller

I still think most would agree that track is for a 09-10 Beemer Dive Machine showing up at Six Flags somewhere.

If it's a Dive Machine for Six Flags than It stinken better be for Great America. Sorry i was wrong about the track. From first glance it looked a heck of allot like the mystery track.

The way there hyping this up, could we be looking at something 300+ feet. It would make sense with the steep incline, steep incline = more height in a short space. I'm sure it's way off. But there saying a LOT more then I would in the "Big term" to be say the 20th tallest coaster in the world.

I am getting tired of going to SFNE and just riding S:ROS 10 times when everything else sucks.

Hoorah.

300 ft.? I highly doubt it. Some of you are reading alot into this "Big" thing.

I would be shocked if we see anything over 250 ft., and I give it that much window ONLY because SoB is over 200 ft. as well.

I'll eat a shoe and post the video on here if this thing is over 300 ft.

Remember, this is the company that thinks a "Behemoth" is 230 ft. tall.

The way there hyping this up, could we be looking at something 300+ feet. It would make sense with the steep incline, steep incline = more height in a short space. I'm sure it's way off. But there saying a LOT more then I would in the "Big term" to be say the 20th tallest coaster in the world.

I don't think you're going to see a 300 foot B&M anytime soon.

Would be far too expensive. And from what I understand they're not interested in going that high.

I don't think you're going to see a 300 foot B&M anytime soon.

Would be far too expensive. And from what I understand they're not interested in going that high.

Not to mention Cedar Fair probably isn't too interested in letting KI have a coaster that might steal some of MF's thunder in terms of height.

^I've been campaigning for quite a while that they need to redo the Beast, Phantom's Revenge-style. Heck, it doesn't even matter that much to me if Intamin did it. I would be plenty satisfied if GCI did it. I'm talking about completely re-profiling the entire ride following the first drop until the second lift; make it so they can completely ax the trims, brake shed, and any straight track.

That would, indeed, be a great idea. The Beast reborn.

Still, i haven't seen anyone hype up a coaster as "big" before, and put it on a lot of teasers. And track is on site in July, which is very early. It has to be bigger then SoB, and I think it will be more then just slightly bigger. 300 may be to big, but we'll have to wait.
Patriot isn't anywhere close to 300' and had track on site right around this time.

B&M have said repeatedly that they will not build over 300 feet and I'm doubting KI is putting that to the test.

HOWEVER- if you look at that topographical ride survey on Screamscape.com (I'd post the link but I'd probably screw it up) what looks like the bottom of the first drop (and possibly subsequent drops) is 50+ Ft. in some areas. So if we do get the Steep Incline Ahead, that's promised with the teaser placards, and even if this thing stands only 200 or so feet tall, the first drop is likely to be 250 feet or thereabouts.

Not a bad thing at all, no no no, not a bad thing at all.