TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island building a B&M Hyper Coaster

Two rows...I thought it'd be one messed up row as well, but luckily it's not...it's two seperate rows...and in terms of operations, CW has done an amazing job with load times...a train usually is in the station, unloaded, loaded and out in under a minute...provided there's no problem guests.

If it's two separate rows, why not add two other seats and double capacity. Is there *that* much room and openness?

Umm, dunno what your maths is like, but adding 2 extra seats brings it from 4 per car to 6, so it is increasing capacity by 50%, not doubling it (you'd need to add 4 extra seats to each car to double capacity.

My guess as to why they dont do that is because of the added weight, and the worse view for the front pair of seats in the car behind.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^He's referring to two seats per "row" meaning four additional seats per car. I think it wouldn't work since there's not the same clearence between the front seats and the back seats as if they were two seperate rows like on the other B&M hypers (of course this is just pure speculation having not been on any B&M Hypers... yet...)

^He's referring to two seats per "row" meaning four additional seats per car. I think it wouldn't work since there's not the same clearence between the front seats and the back seats as if they were two seperate rows like on the other B&M hypers (of course this is just pure speculation having not been on any B&M Hypers... yet...)

Yup, that's what I was talking about. Here's a look at Goliath.

It just looked to me that with the spaced seats, there were room to make them the 'original' B&M trains. I haven't seen the Behemoth trains in person, of course....but I was just wondering if it could happen.

The standard B&M hyper trains have the same capacity:eight cars X four passengers par gar =32 last time I looked.The only difference between Behemoth's trains & the regular trains is that the middle seats of each row or forward of the outer seats in the Deja vu style arrangement.

No, standard B&M hyper trains have nine rows. Plus, the pictures confirm Behemoth-style seating.

Sorry but I don't see any pics of the trains anywhere in the links on page one.

I don't know if the second drop will be longer than the first, but it certainly could be around the same length if the ravine is a good size. I'm really excited about this coaster now. A terrain hyper sounds fantastic.

^ All the people in the higher up (I feel I can safely say this now, as the plans have been leaked (not by me, don't get mad at me, guys! ) told me they were aiming for a steel Beast type layout, but with some airtime and a water effect. Look for this to be a good ride. All in all, I'll have to buy a season pass next year. Might be the first year I don't have a season pass to the Beach waterpark, but to Kings Island instead.

-James Dillaman

^ All the people in the higher up (I feel I can safely say this now, as the plans have been leaked (not by me, don't get mad at me, guys! ) told me they were aiming for a steel Beast type layout, but with some airtime and a water effect. Look for this to be a good ride. All in all, I'll have to buy a season pass next year. Might be the first year I don't have a season pass to the Beach waterpark, but to Kings Island instead.

Oh, and coming from someone who's hiked down that ravine many times during slow days on the Beast crew, it IS a long ways down there...

-James Dillaman

-James Dillaman

Wow, what you said right there just made my day. This coaster should be amazing.

-James Dillaman

No trims, please!

-James Dillaman

So it'll be super long, use the terrain and trees really well, be over braked and pretty dull?

I hope that's just referring to the use of the terrain. And that's what excites me. Flying through threes on a big steel coaster could be sweet. I hope I can visit next season.

I hope that's just referring to the use of the terrain. And that's what excites me. Flying through threes on a big steel coaster could be sweet. I hope I can visit next season.

I hope that there are some good, really low to the ground parts. What I really like about the Beast is that at night, it get so low to the ground in some parts it's almost pitch black!

How about a tunnel?

-JZ

I saw the Blueprints and they look great. I really am still grasping the fact that KI is actually getting a Beemer, Those are usually saved for the higher up parks !

Although I was disipointed when I heard 4,200 feet. That is really short for a Hyper and I would have thought they would've gone all out for this one, not get the short end of the stick

Still, It's a Beemer and it's a hyper, I'm getting my 5th strait season pass next year!

Although I was disipointed when I heard 4,200 feet. That is really short for a Hyper and I would have thought they would've gone all out for this one, not get the short end of the stick Taiko Sad

That is not official yet. No one knows for sure. After all the press said that. They also said it would have 3 loops!

It's already been decided that the 4200' length was measured in 2D, and thus doesn't measure the vertical changes. It should be easily over 5000' assuming this...

Just to satisfy curiosity... a 5,000' track with a 4,200' plan length has to be at an average slope of 33°. In other words, the actual track length isn't typically that much higher than the plan length.

In any case, I'm not going to rely on too many of the newspaper's "facts" about the ride simply because I've seen how the media reports on amusement-related items that I actually know about.

Considering that it is a "Hyper" the first drop will exceed 200 ft. By how much is anyone's guess, BUT looking at the pictures posted, the ravine is at least 40-50 ft below the starting grade (look at the pix with the bulldozer-or semi trailers elsewhere on TPR forums- even casually eyballing that let's assume at least a 45 foot terrain drop) and that second hill towards the first helice may well be as long if not longer than the initial drop-assuming that the initial drop doesn't already utilize this. In any case, I'll be there next year to ride it.

Judging by the blueprints It looks like the first drop will just barely pass the Crypt's outside que, and then it will make a turn toards the Ravine sorta like Behemoth. I think then the Second drop will fall into the ravine, possibly or even probably, making for a longer first drop then second, which is fine by me!

I don't know if the First drop will exceed 200 feet, because that's a lot of track to cram in there, the chain would have to be outrageously (whew!) steep, so I think we might see something more along the lines of:

190 foot hill with a 185 foot drop,

170 foot hill with a 220 foot drop,

Judging by the blueprints It looks like the first drop will just barely pass the Crypt's outside que, and then it will make a turn toards the Ravine sorta like Behemoth. I think then the Second drop will fall into the ravine, possibly or even probably, making for a longer first drop then second, which is fine by me!

I don't know if the First drop will exceed 200 feet, because that's a lot of track to cram in there, the chain would have to be outrageously (whew!) steep, so I think we might see something more along the lines of:

Well yes, If you hadn't noticed, B&M has been building pretty steep lifts lately. If you've seen Goliath at SFOG and Behemoth's lifts, they're steeper than normal B&M's.

Also if I'm looking at the blue prints correctly, they have a bunny hill going over Crypt's que. So it's obviously ok.

-Gaven.

p15393.jpg.770ebaa60f060706391c9d3e54cb1050.jpg

Courtesy of RCDB.

Well yes, If you hadn't noticed, B&M has been building pretty steep lifts lately. If you've seen Goliath at SFOG and Behemoth's lifts, they're steeper than normal B&M's.

Also if I'm looking at the blue prints correctly, they have a bunny hill going over Crypt's que. So it's obviously ok.

-Gaven.

I hope it will be something like that, but time will tell!