TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

Not to be a pain, but who makes this ride. From the looks of it, Intamin!

If you have been following the thread, MACK has designed and built the ride. Europa Park is bassiclly a "Show Room" of what the company has to offer to the amusment industry. It is their own park, kind of like S&S Powers Park/Test Grounds, but on a much larger and nicer scale.

Love the trains

Are they still testing with different launch speeds b/c the ride looks alittle slow and sluggish and towards the end of the video it looks as if the train is going to stall? Since they have people on it I would of thought the launch speed was set already.

Are they still testing with different launch speeds b/c the ride looks alittle slow and sluggish and towards the end of the video it looks as if the train is going to stall? Since they have people on it I would of thought the launch speed was set already.

That is exactly what I was thinking, it looks soooo slow.

Love the trains

It seems that this will be the final speed... but i thought the same when i saw test videos of other coasters and when i rode it the speed was alright.

and love the trains too.

even though i can`t wait to ride it next month by myself

Hello everybody!

First of all, I have to say hello to the TPR-Community. This is my first post.

I've visited the new Coaster at Europapark a few times and I have to say, that it lookes awesome! A little bit smaller, than on the pictures, but the blue is so cool.

The coaster will be a good addition to Europaparks attractions and I think Coaster-Fans from all over the world will know, that Mack Rides has done a big step to be one of the leading coaster-builders.

I'm happy to ride this coaster in 12 days.

Sorry for my not perfect English (I'm learning )

Greetings,

Flo

^

Your english is better than many people who actually speak the language.

I too will be there in 12 days. Maybe we might run into eachother. Our group will be wearing TPR shirts. I'm sure there will be tons of coaster clubs there.

I cannot wait. I truly love Europa Park!

--James

number of trains is listed as 5, what does that mean we will see when its running at full capacity?

one in station loading, one out station waiting for launch, one waiting to enter station and therfore two out running round ?

^ your forgot the darkride part with a stop in it. They trains weren`t launched directly out of the station. And they had a unload and a loading section in the station, so:

1 train in the unloading section

1 train in the loading section

1 train in the darkride part

1 train in the first block (launch-till block brakes)

1 train in the second block

i don`t think the trains have to wait somewhere on the track... if you know Europa Park, they had the best operators i`ve ever seen! they even put through small rides a huge amount of people, friendly and fast. By 4 million people a year, they had to do so

Mack isn`t famous for breakdowns, not at all, I think.

And besides, I`m already shure, the first riders will tell, that the ride is unbelievably smooth...I hope so, and I belive so.

Maybe the launch will be a littlebit too slow for some of us, but I think technically it`ll be great...!

GeorgeT

^thats true. I´ve been to Europa PArk over 30 times and i never find one ride closed. Sometimes 1-2 just opens 1 or 2 hours later but mostly all of them ride the whole day.

And the smoothness. THink so too. The first viewers said that you nearly hear nothing from ride, which bode well in my opinion. And when have riden Pegasus which is produced the same way from Mack, you`ll know waht smooth is

and about the Speed: if you take the lenght of the ride (1000m - ca. 100m of the darkride) and the length of the ride duration in the video (ca45 sec)

you can calculate: 900 m / 45 s = 20 m/s = 72 km/h = 44,7387258 mph average speed. SO i do`nt think its really slow...

Yes, indeed, the Coaster IS not slow, but hopefully it will not FEEL slow, where it shouldn`t.

But I`m shure we`ll have a VERY good time in Island...

Ah, by the way, Kooky, will you join us at the 4. of April ???

Greeds...GeorgeT

i hope i could but i`m going to move in an other flat these days so i don`t think to have the time! And it will be very hard to go there because of "Nato-Gipfel", on the highways they stop nearly every car eventhough on the normal streets.

So I`m looking forward to visit the park some days/weeks after the opening. Maybe after the easter holidays when the crowds has gone. I´ll post it here so maybe we can meet us another time... Or maybe i can`t wait and come to the opening instead. Just need some days to making a decision.

But I still hope to win the tickets for the first riders on April the 1st

"Können wir was heißes haben?" - "Klar. Setzt euch zu den anderen!"

Superb funny trailer. I will be at Europa Park at Saturday (Opening Day of the new season) and will ride this at first! I'm so excited. I'll take my camcorder with me, and I will make an offride video for sure, maybe even onride. We'll see.