TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

I've always liked having options at parks to skip the lines. Even when they're out of my price range *cough* so far only USJ *cough* it's nice the option is there if I want it (USJ is only an hour flight away and not a once in a lifetime so it's not the end of the world to stick it out in single rider lines than shell out I think we saw over $200 a person for a Flying Dinosaur 7 when the school vacation was on). Judging by reactions I see on some sites or social media celebrating about Disney Fastpass+ being suspended there's way more anti fastpass people than I thought.

Fast Passes are amazing and the way to go when visiting a park. I'm just saying that Europa doesn't necessarily need it. Sometimes operations are just so bad at some parks, that you're just obliged to buy a fast pass. Port Aventura for example leaves cars empty on trains when lines get 'too short'... smh Also, when Fast Pass lines overflow and even those lines are an hour+ wait is also a bit problematic imo

However, in general, fast pass is awesome and often significantly improves your day!

Planning to visit Europa Park on 7th of June, but this Corona thing makes me doubt... What do you guys think? Is it worth going even with all the madness around COVID-19?

We probably need more information to make an informed reply.

Have you been before?

Where are you travelling from?

How would you be going there?

How long are you planning to visit for?

All these things matter because if it's your first visit or you are travelling a long way, there is more at stake - both in terms of your enjoyment but also the risks of going and the costs if things don't work out.

If I were local and had visited the park many times before, honestly I would go. But if I were travelling a long way for my first visit, I absolutely would not.

Europa prides themelves for not having a paid fast pass system and honestly I think they are the only park in the world were they can get away with it (apart from Disney), that's how good their operations are!

Europa Park (and Phantasialand) have amazing operations, but even that goes only so far when there's 60,000 people in the park on a late spring holiday or bridging day, half of which want to ride all of the "big five" (Wodan, Blue Fire, Eurosat Can Can, Silver Star and Euromir) on one day. Won't happen, you'll need two days if you're also planning to eat or ride some smaller attractions. A virtual queue system will help quite a bit, but is no magic bullet.

Honestly, as one who feels home at Europa Park ans has been there at every possible stage of crowdyness, I assume (not guarantee!) that it will be really save to go now. Crowds will be very low, the park cuts the crowds somewhere between 25% and 33%. With the new virtual queue, you'll have to stand in line even less. Take two days, if not affordable don't stay on site as most of the private venues are within a five minute walk from the entrace to save money. Kiefer Apartments would be my first choice of call. Also, everyone in Rust needs money now, so share your expenses not only to Europa helps everyone right now.

It will be no park experience like usual, but in two days you will be able to ride every ride as much as you want.

If you've only got one day, you may be able to do everything, but you may miss a lot of the unique park experience and details. Besides wearing masks and having to keep a distance, the whole team will do everything to give you a perfect good time during the crisis.

A moving melodrama by Europapark explaining the reopening measures they have put in place (turn on subtitles if required).

One of the things I found interesting is that you now have to pull down and check your own restraint for obvious reasons. This is one of three approaches I've seen so far from different parks in Europe (other methods being to use a tool to check and also just having the member of staff kitted out with a face shield/PPE)

Its funny to me that Europa Park didn't have a skip the line system, because as one of the most avid, and vocal opponents of the concept, who hates it here in America at the parks I visit, Europa Park is definitely one of the foreign parks I would be inclined to splurge and use it at if they had it!

One of the things I found interesting is that you now have to pull down and check your own restraint for obvious reasons. This is one of three approaches I've seen so far from different parks in Europe (other methods being to use a tool to check and also just having the member of staff kitted out with a face shield/PPE)

This is actually pretty common at the Disney parks here in the U.S., and even before the pandemic, they've always simply told you to push up on the bar / harness or pull on the seat belt's yellow strap.

I like how they've put some effort into their signs. Make this whole ordeal a bit more enjoyable.

Seems like every park has gotten to exercise their graphic design muscles as of late, which as a graphics professional myself, I appreciate.

Its funny to me that Europa Park didn't have a skip the line system, because as one of the most avid, and vocal opponents of the concept, who hates it here in America at the parks I visit, Europa Park is definitely one of the foreign parks I would be inclined to splurge and use it at if they had it!

They don't need it, though. They pump people through their attractions like they're on an assembly line. The only rides I've seen with long-ish waits are the coasters and even with a long line they usually only take about 30 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a picture posted by Michael Mack on Twitter of the new Piraten in Batavia ride at Europa Park. There is also a video on his timeline showing the ride in action. I'm not sure if this will feature the rocking boat technology they showed off recently, but this tweet suggests it might. I think it would be a wasted opportunity not to show off this new tech, so fingers crossed.

EbIAPauVAAEIKtl.thumb.jpeg.24f30b16dc807b3713f073fb2b8d3b85.jpeg

This is pretty much a straight rebuild, so just a regular free flowing boat ride. I think the track in that tweet is for some scenery.

I really hoped they were going to pull the ol' switcheroo and use this as showcase for the new tech, but alas!

This is pretty much a straight rebuild, so just a regular free flowing boat ride. I think the track in that tweet is for some scenery.

I really hoped they were going to pull the ol' switcheroo and use this as showcase for the new tech, but alas!

Source for the bold written text?

All the pictures they've posted, their blogs, and the making of series? They've been clear that they're sticking as close to the old ride as possible except updating the story and the animatronics.

Hoping it does use the rocking boat technology, but looks like there will no / minimal restraints which wouldn't work to keep guests in the boat! Am sure it'll be an absolutely flawless attraction regardless.

I just hope they add the sea monster from the concept video..

7ED9927A-7C8D-4195-8523-EBD0391A6923.thumb.jpeg.b144f54ae6e974b8812ed43a7ba00bce.jpeg

Rawwwwww

These pictures of the boats show they've just got side and bottom rollers, and no way to mount a track, or receive power for the rocking.

EbIAHuoUMAMj5lp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EbIARU5VcAIeZxF?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Source: Michael Mack's twitter

And this picture of Roland in the empty trough, without track

Ea9wpfKWAAEsF2O?format=jpg&name=large

Also Herr Mack's twitter

I can't wait to see what they finally do with the concept though!

Thanks for the update. Dind't follow their Twitter. Although I really like it being close to the original I was just sure they'd use their new technology.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 10:47 AM, Toasty82 said:

Europa Park released a official onride pov of Piraten in Batavia:

Interesting that they've put some English dialogue here and there. Very lush sets, too.

Thanks for posting the video.