TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

^ Interesting. They've managed to rip off Disney's Soarin' design while simultaneously removing the only part of the design that made it fun, the "lift-off" track.

Oh, yeah, in case anyone didn't know by now (I've certainly made it known more often than not), I really, really, really, REALLY hate Soarin' and want it to die a painful death.

• 3 weeks later...
Should have gotten an B&M!

Or at least something interesting...

But congrats on that attendance record (again), the GP seems to love their stuff!

I didn't go there this season, it was already too full last year. Also they removed the waiting times website.

I also expected B&M or something else, just thrilling.

I understand this is mainly family-oriented park, but it looks like they gave up on coasters and trhill attractions completely, which is dissapoiting for me, as I´m thrill-seeker.

When was it ever indicated EP was getting another B&M? We've known that Project V was a flying theater for a long time.

And not having built a big coaster in, gasp, four years means they've given up on it completely? Give me a break. I don't EP even needs another coaster anyway, what it could use is a good flat.

Edited by cookiex

When was it ever indicated EP was getting another B&M? We've known that Project V was a flying theater for a long time.

And EP doesn't even need another coaster. What it could use is a good flat.

And not having built a big coaster in, gasp, four years means they've given up on it completely? Give me a break.

I´m not saying it was indicated, just what I was hoping for, that´s difference.

I´m not even calling for coaster, just a thrill ride. These four years, EP did nothing related to thrill attractions iirc.

Drop-tower would have been appreciated

You can get a drop tower experience pretty much at every funfair/volksfest in Germany(and they are hundreds of those). If EP would ever build one, it would have been unique, otherwise there is no point installing a experience that you can have in your home town.

Should have gotten an B&M!

Or at least something interesting...

But congrats on that attendance record (again), the GP seems to love their stuff!

I didn't go there this season, it was already too full last year. Also they removed the waiting times website.

I also expected B&M or something else, just thrilling.

I understand this is mainly family-oriented park, but it looks like they gave up on coasters and trhill attractions completely, which is dissapoiting for me, as I´m thrill-seeker.

You said it yourself it's a family oriented park! So why would they invest in thrillrides? Because some thrill seekers crave for it? Europa Park is a theme park, not a thrill park. If you want that, plenty of options all over the world.

EP focuses on family and an overall experience that you only get (or are supposed to get) at Disneyland Paris (as far as Eurrope goes). To me it's the most complete park in Europe (and possibly the world) with plenty of rides for all ages. And I also think that they want to avoid some types of people you often see in (getto) thrill parks.

Sure, none of the rides really stand out as being world class or super exiting, but if you look at the whole picture, it just fits together and delivers one of the best theme park experiences in the world.

They can expect me and my family back next year, that's for sure!

You can get a drop tower experience pretty much at every funfair/volksfest in Germany(and they are hundreds of those). If EP would ever build one, it would have been unique, otherwise there is no point installing a experience that you can have in your home town.

Sadly, I cannot have this experience in my hometown, nor in my country. I always have to travel hundreds of kilometers....

And I expect nothing, but unique ride from EP .

Also yes, family oriented park doesn´t mean it shouldn´t expand on the thrill rides, because I would expect such a park to be also oriented on thrills for older family members... EP haven´t done anything thrilling for a while and I´m just worried they won´t do that in upcoming years, but we will see.

No way saying this is a bad park, because it´s probably the best one in the world. Just saying what I would like to see from them in the future.

Also yes, family oriented park doesn´t mean it shouldn´t expand on the thrill rides, because I would expect such a park to be also oriented on thrills for older family members... EP haven´t done anything thrilling for a while and I´m just worried they won´t do that in upcoming years, but we will see.

Well, even without a thrill ride in the last years they do one record year after another. So their strategy might be not so bad after all...?