TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

They can build a second gate in the space they're not using there. I'm guessing they're holding all that space in case they need even more hotels.

If you are looking into the picture gallery of the source, than you will realize, that the last picture shows a water park four times as big at it is now. The original plan was to build it with two more outdoor and two more indoor areas. They announced first that it is planned to build the world biggest water park, but later they changed the plans to start with a smaller sized Park and expand it over the years.

The park has started advertising the new water park on its website:

New in 2018 – Water Adventure Resort

Water Adventure Resort

The new Water Adventure Resort, which will be situated right next tot he main access road towards Europa-Park, will stretch over an area of 46 hectares and will be developed in several stages - the first of which will include a themed hotel and the large water world.

Heading North – the sixth Europa-Park themed hotel

From 2018 a new themed hotel will invite guests to relax after their exciting days in rooms and suites themed especially for water lovers and world travelers. In addition to the existing five 4* hotels, our sixth hotel will further provide a unique short break destination.

http://www.europapark.de/en/services-info/worth-knowing/new-2018-water-adventure-resort

And some new artwork...

Hotel:

Wasser-Erlebnis-Resort_10.thumb.jpg.8a0c24de23e06970bb355c6af1c83f22.jpg

Waterpark:

122279946.thumb.jpg.e3b08c95df9d8919cb8233238c37483f.jpg

^ Overpriced and the food is pretty lousy, IMO. It was cool to see the items zipping along through the web of different tracks, but really that's the only draw. Just walk in and stand around watching for a minute or two, then move on to the tons of better food options throughout the park. Like the Raclette stand.

^ Overpriced and the food is pretty lousy, IMO. It was cool to see the items zipping along through the web of different tracks, but really that's the only draw. Just walk in and stand around watching for a minute or two, then move on to the tons of better food options throughout the park. Like the Raclette stand.

Agree. I was really looking forward to the restaurant but was quite disappointed by the food quality compared to the rest of the park. I guess you're limited with your food when you have to send it via roller coaster!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that coaster. It's like nobody involved in its inception was even trying.

That's exactly what I was thinking

The smallest coaster in the park so far was Pegasus. So there was a need for a true ride for kiddies. And for a 4-year old, this coaster is more than sufficient.

Accident with Chlorine gas at Fjord Rafting in Europa Park

7th of June 2016

In Europa Park 15 people were injured as a result of the dangerous Chlorine gas, including a child of five and five employees of the park. On Tuesday, several visitors were suffering from breathing problems. Six ambulances, three paramedics and a trauma helicopter were deployed. The first study shows that there was an error made by an employee while he was adding Chlorine to the water.

Because a wrong dosage of Chlorine gas was released, visitors were suffering from irritated skin and eyes, said a spokesman from the park. An employee has added a wrong substance mistakenly in the water, instead of an anti-algae. Due to the hot and humid weather, it vaporized rapidly causing toxic vapor were released.

The complete area of Fjord Rafting was closed to visitors. After some investigations and changing the water, the attraction was reopened in the late afternoon. Eventually, ten victims with breathing problems and headaches were taken to the hospital, five were treated on site.

Chlorine gas is highly toxic by inhalation. Irritation of the skin, mucous membranes and the eyes occur already in minor amounts. In large quantities, the chemical may even lead to serious respiratory diseases. Chlorine gas is invisible, soluble in water and can only be observed because of the typical smell of chlorine.

The article is in Dutch: Source

That's a shame. Looks like that employee needs to get re-certified. Fjord Rafting is one of the best rapids ride I've ever been on but it also has a long indoor section which is probably where the problem was.

• 4 weeks later...

Cross-posting from the current Theme Park Review tour thread as to not hijack it...

It's actually a question of philosophy here at Europa-Park. The Mack family as owners of the park wants every visitor at each day of our season to be able to experience as much as possible of the park in the same way. This is why we continously look into the least possible downtime, the fastest operations, and also into extending the park hours depending on the number of visitors in the park (to just name few items).

We actually like that people tend to forget about the outside world once they got into the park and we think that we would make more people sad and upset when they realise that you get better service when you pay more as if you would make people happy by giving them the chance to buy fast passes.

Europa Park's treatment of all its guests is one of the great models that influences my work as I develop as a professional in the themed entertainment industry. Everyone deserves to have a wonderful place to play. Thanks for being awesome, and hopefully I'll get a chance to visit Europa Park and experience it myself some day!

I agree. A theme park is a place to forget the harsh life on the outside. Liseberg introduced a beat the queue - system in 2010, but there was a backlash in the community as it seemed unfair (which is a huge thing here in Sweden). So for the 2013 season the redid the system so that you get to choose three rides to beat the queue and get one ticket for each, and that is for free when purchasing online. A system which I think is a nice middle-way for people travelling far to visit since Liseberg can get very crowded.

But to return to Europa Park, yes I really think that they have this figured out. And it works really well thanks to their fantastic operations. Went there in 2014 and can't wait to return!

Cross-posting from the current Theme Park Review tour thread as to not hijack it...

It's actually a question of philosophy here at Europa-Park. The Mack family as owners of the park wants every visitor at each day of our season to be able to experience as much as possible of the park in the same way. This is why we continously look into the least possible downtime, the fastest operations, and also into extending the park hours depending on the number of visitors in the park (to just name few items).

We actually like that people tend to forget about the outside world once they got into the park and we think that we would make more people sad and upset when they realise that you get better service when you pay more as if you would make people happy by giving them the chance to buy fast passes.

Europa Park's treatment of all its guests is one of the great models that influences my work as I develop as a professional in the themed entertainment industry. Everyone deserves to have a wonderful place to play. Thanks for being awesome, and hopefully I'll get a chance to visit Europa Park and experience it myself some day!

Hear! Hear!

I agree. A theme park is a place to forget the harsh life on the outside. Liseberg introduced a beat the queue - system in 2010, but there was a backlash in the community as it seemed unfair (which is a huge thing here in Sweden). So for the 2013 season the redid the system so that you get to choose three rides to beat the queue and get one ticket for each, and that is for free when purchasing online. A system which I think is a nice middle-way for people travelling far to visit since Liseberg can get very crowded.

But to return to Europa Park, yes I really think that they have this figured out. And it works really well thanks to their fantastic operations. Went there in 2014 and can't wait to return!

I like that system as well, since it's still fair, and equitable. Believe it or not, Cedar Point actually had a really nice system years ago that allowed people to get up to two coasters Fast Lane entry a day, provided they get them before they "sold out". It's a shame they decided the allure of more money was more important than treating all guests as equals, when they enter those gates...

If the max wait for the best ride in this kind of park is 30-40 minutes, fuck fastpass and virtual queue.

If i wanted to visit Epcot today, I'd have to choose between 2 hours for Frozen, 40 Minutes for Soarin' or 1 hour for Test Track to get on those rides or do them when the app says I can wait 10-15 minutes for one of them in a one hour window. Or at Universal 2 hours for Rockit and and 2 hours for Minion Mayhem (It's impressive how short the waits for Forbidden Journey and Gringott's usually are, I wonder why). Without virtual queuing those lines would probably all be under an hour. At Magic Kingdom I bet everything would also easily be under an hour wait and things like Buzz lightyear would be 10-20 minutes.

Not having virtual queuing and therefore having short, manageable waits for everything, where I can pick and choose what ride I want to do next without having to plan out everything or pay 100 extra dollars for VIP privileges , that sounds pretty freaking great to me. I love what Europa is doing, and on my lone visit in 2011 I rode every coaster and dark ride plus the monorail and a few re-rides in one day. Go them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to let you guys know i had 2 awesome days @ Europa Park. Saturday was crowded with 60 minutes wait for Blue Fire and Wodan and 30 for SiSta.

Sunday was much less with everything around 20 min's. Most awesome part was that the trims were OFF for SiSta during my visit, great airtime! Esp. after the MCBR it gets insane.

• 2 weeks later...