TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

^ & ^^ Was Linnanmaki Park in Helsinki the only park that bought one of these coasters?

Just curious. It was 'okay'. I thought the tilting would be more intense than it actually was.

^ & ^^ Was Linnanmaki Park in Helsinki the only park that bought one of these coasters?

Just curious. It was 'okay'. I thought the tilting would be more intense than it actually was.

There was a second one in the Amsterdam Dungeon, it closed in 2014 and was only 80m short.

And well yes, they still sell those things. For the ghost train/coaster I'd expect more banking than from the one in Helsinki.

^ I totally forgot that one! I rode it in it's first season, back in Oct.2005. And David and I

rode it in 2007 as well. It was fun for what it was. Actually, I think it better served that

attraction (The Dungeon) than the one at Linnanmaki.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very curious about that "V" as that could mean "vliegen" What is Dutch for Flying not in German that is "fliegen". So also filming in Dutch could that mean this ride will be Dutch themed? Just a thought. I could however have the complete wrong impression and it could be for "vogel" wich is German for Bird (But that also counts for the Dutch ).

The park had to close it's gates at 1.30pm on thursday (fathersday) as over 50000 people already entered the park and they reached capacity. The park stayed open until 9.30pm with all all the mayor rides running(I think normal closing time this time of the year is 6pm)

Looks like a good season for Europa

The park had to close it's gates at 1.30pm on thursday (fathersday) as over 50000 people already entered the park and they reached capacity.

This is not true, the park did not close its gates... Not sure where this false information is coming from?

The park had to close it's gates at 1.30pm on thursday (fathersday) as over 50000 people already entered the park and they reached capacity.

This is not true, the park did not close its gates... Not sure where this false information is coming from?

Hmmm, I was there and yes, it is true, why else would I post it?

Hmmm, I was there and yes, it is true, why else would I post it?

Because this has never happened in the history of the park and the parks communications director confirmed on facebook that this is not true.

Looks like they've done a really nice job on the train, but i really don't get the coaster itself, i understand that it's aimed for small kids but it really could have been a little longer. Not that it'll matter too much though because the area is going to look great overall!

Some new waterpark plans & facts:

- Scandinavian theme

- 12 000 m² indoor area

- 2 500 m² outdoor area

- construction to start this Fall

- 140 million euro (indoor waterpark + hotel)

- largest investment in the history of the park

122078909.thumb.jpg.d5d1c68e50235662490160698bbad6d2.jpg

122079070.thumb.gif.177a59e078163e83ca944f82808cb778.gif

122078894.thumb.jpg.5df22fbf8b66cc411551518cc3871d04.jpg

122078899.thumb.jpg.db109c5a195cf01590cbe71a0c3a1caf.jpg

source: Badische Zeitung