TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

The park's annual "novelties" video, giving you an overview of all the new additions and changes to the park:

Featuring a TON of new Ireland artwork!

epir01.thumb.jpg.971d54a4f2f168e3b4aa4ab1a7f5b1c8.jpg

epir02.thumb.jpg.5bafcd89a9cdf90913e5b3a01ad8d01c.jpg

epir03.thumb.jpg.1d1803c9d6c53bb773561686c1b32997.jpg

epir04.thumb.jpg.aa6a697df793c51587b9288425fdcf16.jpg

epir05.thumb.jpg.d76b5386ca17e1c3a516ef587ddd9802.jpg

epir06.thumb.jpg.a57cfdd63b4a88165ac5eb8c610bf6de.jpg

epir06b.thumb.jpg.cffe9adff2574db8fd4d6dc283d3a51a.jpg

epir07.thumb.jpg.cb4b8923b2cce4c15d71ef5a66a6c9b4.jpg

epir08.thumb.jpg.6e6faa7447e4832ef5a091d8d8d3b300.jpg

epir09.thumb.jpg.2a47eec3fea6829d14abca4e3c554e5e.jpg

epir10.thumb.jpg.21453c703b837545d69ffdc7ccf4b719.jpg

I've finally booked my EP trip, arriving to Rust on June 2nd (Thursday) before going on Friday and Saturday before departing on Sunday. The hotel I'm staying at was fully booked the following week so I had to move my trip up a few days.

So now I have to ask: how do the crowds look on a Friday and Saturday in early June? I saw on their calendar that the park is open until at least 7:30 P.M on June 4th (Saturday), so I'm assuming they're expecting at least some crowds that day.

The park should be busy, probably more on Saturday than on Friday. But with clever planning and the use of the app, you should be fine. Especially as the park extend its opening hours depending on the number of visitors.

Start early in the back of the park (Blue Fire, Wodan, Arthur) and then work your way forward to do Silverstar, Poseidon and Matterhorn around noon...

The park should be busy, probably more on Saturday than on Friday. But with clever planning and the use of the app, you should be fine. Especially as the park extend its opening hours depending on the number of visitors.

Start early in the back of the park (Blue Fire, Wodan, Arthur) and then work your way forward to do Silverstar, Poseidon and Matterhorn around noon...

I was thinking of starting out on Friday with Blue Fire/Wodan and making my way back to Silver Star one coaster at a time (plus the Log Flume). If I could get all that done by noon that would be great.

The first details on the new water park are going to be unveiled on July 19th. A fifth hotel is also going to be built adjacent the water park and two more are being planned for future expansion. Construction is set to begin late summer.

• 2 weeks later...

From a local newspaper: EuropaPark has started to build a new main attraction for 2017. The building will rise directly next to the entrance, next to the german street area. It will be 15m high and the building will be build first. The parts for the attraction will be added later through the opened roof. The attraction will be suitable for the whole family. What exactly they are going to build in this is not known.

source: http://www.bo.de/nachrichten/nachrichten-regional/europa-park-startet-bauarbeiten-grossattraktion-fuer-2017

Let`s start speculating

Some sort of family drop tower. Sure in an interview a year of two ago they said they wanted one but wanted one for the whole family rather than something extreme and they were working on an idea.

I'm speculating on a Ghost Train kinda dark ride, maybe even little Wilde mouse like coaster section added to it (Mack E-Motion coaster probably).

Why? EuropaPark's animation movie is going to take place on a some kind of crazy ghost train, and as far as I remember they don't even have one yet in the park.

I'm speculating on a Ghost Train kinda dark ride, maybe even little Wilde mouse like coaster section added to it (Mack E-Motion coaster probably).

Why? EuropaPark's animation movie is going to take place on a some kind of crazy ghost train, and as far as I remember they don't even have one yet in the park.

They have Geisterschloss, which is frankly the best ghost train/omnimover in existence!

They have Geisterschloss, which is frankly the best ghost train/omnimover in existence!

Oups, well then I didn't notice it. :F

As I can't expect a new credit anymore I hope it'll be something interesting at least.

Heading to Europa Park this summer as part of an extended European trip, (so stoked.) I really need help figuring out a few things for the schedule. The current plan is to visit on July 16th-17th. Problem being: hotels in the area seem to be very full, likely making for a full park.

I know that weekdays are usually lighter on crowds, but scheduling for the multi week itinerary is a nightmare, so Europa Park will land wherever it lands.

Is there something going on at the park that weekend? Are there other times in July that I should stay away from? Any general tips for visiting Europa Park? I don't know if any locals or regulars are in the group, but any help planning this exciting visit would be greatly appreciated.

^The park is super popular and busy during the summer. That is the height of the European Summer Season. Try to find a time you can stay on property so that you can get early entry and beat some of the crowds.

The new attractions names are known:

Spinning Dragons

Dingle Bay

Old Mc Donalds Tractor Fun

Paul's Playboat

Ba-a-a Express (The small coaster)

Sheep Rock

Dancing Dingie

Little Lambs Land

Quipse Paddle Boats

Tower Tow

Limerick Castle

Tender Milka World

Ed`s Show-Wagen

Shamrock Gifts and Treats

The O`Mackays Café and Pub

Is there something going on at the park that weekend? Are there other times in July that I should stay away from? Any general tips for visiting Europa Park? I don't know if any locals or regulars are in the group, but any help planning this exciting visit would be greatly appreciated.

Bastille day is that week. Looking at the event calendar EP is planning quite a lot of French-related events that weekend and since the French kids are out of school for all of July there should be crowds.

Bastille day is that week. Looking at the event calendar EP is planning quite a lot of French-related events that weekend and since the French kids are out of school for all of July there should be crowds.

Thank you so much, now the lack of available hotel rooms in the area makes sense. The trip is happening sometime in July based on my family's schedule, (unfortunately that much is certain,) but now at least we know what we're up against.

Im pretty sure that Mack will never build another E-Motion coaster! I think that has to be regarded as one of their biggest failures.

Im pretty sure that Mack will never build another E-Motion coaster! I think that has to be regarded as one of their biggest failures.

They're still selling it on their website so if a park wants it they'll build it.