TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

^^Those are ambitious plans that while I wouldn't be convinced they'd pan out at many other parks, I'm convinced they'll happen and be high quality at Europa Park when they are executed. This park continues to sit at the top of my list of European parks to visit whenever I get out there for another coaster trip.

^idk

Something other: I've recently saw on Facebook that they will be doing the VR with Pegasus too.

I love Pegasus and I'm really surprised more park haven't purchased Mack YoungStar's. Im personally not sold on any of this VR stuff, it doesn't appeal to me one bit. That being said the more rides Mack install this on the more they can refine their system and develop it which is never a bad thing.

^I'm skeptical of VR as well, have tried a few demos and while the tech is impressive it doesn't seem like something I'd like to use for an extended period of time. But I'm keen to check this out next time I visit Europa, at least for the novelty factor.

^ Yeah, and I've missed it, on two separate visits there.

(Cheese Rawks!)

I have never had this type of cheese, so I am going to have to see if they sell it at Wegmans the next time I go there. They have a wonderful artisan cheese department, so I am hoping that they will carry this!

^ I had to look it up...

What does the word charcuterie mean?

Charcuterie (/ʃɑrˌkuːtəˈriː/ or /ʃɑrˈkuːtəri/; northern French: [ʃaʁkytˈʁi] or southern French: [ʃaʁkytəˈʁi], from chair 'flesh' and cuit 'cooked') is the branch of cooking devoted to prepared meat products, such as bacon, ham, sausage, terrines, galantines, pâtés, and confit, primarily from pork.

charcuterieboard.jpg.7f5f8fb97233dcfa5ed9cf6092c85677.jpg

• 1 month later...

Lots of construction at the park these days...

A new restaurant:

resto.jpg.e67d79792fa50dcffe1d3d0fa3bfd8b9.jpg

Re-routing of the monorail in front of the park's entrance:

mono.thumb.jpg.940d91ec046fa2daffbb55ad3692a33e.jpg

mono2.thumb.jpg.45cf13a021922404abfc5432f33141dc.jpg

Also at the park entrance, a new surface and sidewalks for the public road:

20160219_134353.thumb.jpg.bb399d7d6ff5614e7a297be92c8183ba.jpg

town.thumb.jpg.f01d3357e4a9bb18eb0883a5cdfb3d1e.jpg

A new hydro-power thingy for the river that runs through the park:

hydro.jpeg.4fd9efa9cbc7653ce438d178db343fbb.jpeg

And last but not least, land clearing for 2017...

20160219_140425.thumb.jpg.19fca8f741e0f985d767dee24d450fe9.jpg

20160219_140444.thumb.jpg.d752c04a280b490320e55cabe569ea85.jpg

photos: epfans, Coasterfriends' Ruuun

Wait, is Ireland the 2017 project or is that something else entirely? I haven't seen any construction of that yet.

If I'm correct on this Ireland is the retheme of the kids land that's for the 2016 season. So this should be something new entirely, and seeing them start this early I'm already exited to hear what it is.

edit: I now even see this is on the complete opposite side of the park (near Island) as Ireland will come near the park's German theme.

Edited by RCT3Bross