TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

The Europa-Park guys (especially the MACKs) have often talked about a water park in the past ten years... i have often read in smaller newspapers of it, but maybe this time they really going to build it. Hope so of course

But don`t forget about the new interactive suspended powered coaster dark-ride "Arthur", it seems to make good progress. But there are not many pics because the building area is hidden behind a river and many trees. So here some photos from http://www.chris-space.net/?incvar=ep_2014.htm :

It depends. Silver Star, blue fire, and Wodan are as thrilling as any of their counterparts elsewhere, and some would likely say the same regarding Euro Mir. I can't speak too much to the flat ride aspect, but honestly, there was such a ludicrous amount of stuff to do that even those seeking out massively intense rides should have no problem occupying themselves.

Partly the fact that they don't have any over the shoulder restraints and the fact that the thrill factor is only 4 stars on the ratings page makes me think that. Some other European parks like Port Aventura or Alton Towers have 4.5 stars for it.

I heard the rides here are less adrenaline/thrills and more family oriented. Is this true?

There is a great mix of all sorts of rides at Europa. The park is just 110% pure awesomness and I need to go back there!

-Craig

But how are they going to be max high capacity Europa is know for?

Talking about intensity at Europa :

Wodan is still getting more and more intense (faster) with every month that it`s running. I think in the late afternoon or evening Wodan is easily Europas most intense coaster by now.

So what I ask myself is : What about other GCIs like Goldie for example. Are they all getting MUCH faster over the years...or could it have to do with Wodans special polyurethane wheels ? Anyone an idea ? Because Wodan had such an extreme development that I ask myself how crazy other GCIs are getting who are already intense when they open to the public ?

Found these awesome pictures of a architectural model that was made for Wodan by CMG Models. The detail on this is pretty amazing.

Looks like GCI uses them to make their models for trade shows.

246684_281911471921248_1790236936_n.jpg

68066_281911365254592_1199693952_n.jpg

76281_281911431921252_1063936987_n.jpg

CMG Facebook

The models are done by Chris Gray, who is actually an employee/director of GCI, and he does amazing work!!!

Talking about intensity at Europa :

Wodan is still getting more and more intense (faster) with every month that it`s running. I think in the late afternoon or evening Wodan is easily Europas most intense coaster by now.

So what I ask myself is : What about other GCIs like Goldie for example. Are they all getting MUCH faster over the years...or could it have to do with Wodans special polyurethane wheels ? Anyone an idea ? Because Wodan had such an extreme development that I ask myself how crazy other GCIs are getting who are already intense when they open to the public ?

When I rode Wodan in late July 2012, I thought it was very smooth and quick paced but didn't have much airtime. Gold Striker (which uses steel wheels) during the promo shoot gave me only slightly more intense rides than Wodan, but ever since it opened and is breaking in it has gotten much faster and crazier, stronger airtime, and though very smooth I think has a little more vibrations than Wodan had when I rode it. Wodan did feel sort of "cushy" to me, probably due to the PU wheels. I believe you posted earlier this year that Wodan is currently using plastic wheels that have made it much faster but also rough?

Well, the testruns with steel wheels were done just to see how Wodan is running in the wintertime with very low temperatures AFAIK.

And yes, they changed (just) the side wheels to steel, while the main wheels are still polyurethane (during the summertime).

I heard a lot of peole saying they never experienced a coaster getting SO (!) much faster the longer its operating....that`s why I asked if it`s a "typical" GCI thing.

If became rougher...but alot better IMHO

• 3 weeks later...
I know that the children's coaster "Pegasus" has a very cool transfer track under the station, but does it have one or two trains?

Yes, it has 2 trains. The clone in Parque Warner Madrid (Correcaminos Bip, Bip) also has 2 trains.

If you watch a pegasus POV (made by e-coasters, for example), you can see another train in the station while being on the brake-run.

Yes, it has 2 trains. The clone in Parque Warner Madrid (Correcaminos Bip, Bip) also has 2 trains.

If you watch a pegasus POV (made by e-coasters, for example), you can see another train in the station while being on the brake-run.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...