TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

It is interesting to see this IP being used by Europa Park, considering the box office returns it made in theaters. For a budget of $86 million (not including marketing costs), it only brought in $110 million globally, with close to $93 million of that being earned internationally outside of the US.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=arthurandtheinvisibles.htm

That being said, it appears to be a very rich world to draw upon and Europa Park seems to be maximizing the value of the detailed environments from the film. I look forward to seeing photos and video of the finished product when it opens!

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't know the numbers, but I knew it wasn't that incredibly popular here. Looks like it definitely had more of a pull outside the US. I also wonder if it was one of those that did better on video after it's movie release. Either way, I think it's perfect for Europa park. I can't wait to see how incredible it will look after they are done with it.

Arthur and the Minimoys spawned a three-film trilogy. We got the first one in theaters, but it obviously bombed in the box office. The second and third films in the trilogy were released in European theaters but we got them as direct-to-video sequels here in the US. The films themselves were based on the European children's book series of the same name. They have a whole lot of material and popularity to pull from.

This is my new Europa-Park 2013 park video. It features some of the 2013 novelties...

Moderator Note: Link Removed

You need 50 posts before you are allowed to link to personal websites, YouTube channels, blogs, etc.

Please refer to the TOS that you agreed to upon signing up.

Edited by ernierocker

I forgot to mention an interactive feature which the Macks mentioned on the press conference:

The riders will have the oppertunity to choose the direction in which they/the trains are facing in the outdoor-coaster section of the ride . So if you want to ride the outdoor-part sideways, backwards or forward.... it is your choice.

They have not explained how this will work, so maybe you have a joystick and can spin it freely or maybe you just get some buttons which you can press on specific times to change the direction.

But sounds cool. The source of this fact comes directly from the Macks and you can listen to it in this video (in german):

Got back from 2 days Europa Park, and wow, Blue Fire is without doubt the best coaster in the park. That final inversion is so good.

On the other hand, Wodan was fun but didn't convince me to be honest. I think Troy is a much better coaster than Wodan, altough theme-wise Wodan beats Troy by a long run.

Hey,

I am really looking forward to ride the new coaster/darkride in 2014!

Now i made this virtual POV of Arthur The Ride with NoLimits Coasters.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

What do you think about the layout?

• 1 month later...

According to "Die Zeit" (a known german Newspaper), Europa Park is going to build it's own Water Park in 2015. Opening is planned for the 2016 season.

"There will be many attractions that can be operated independently of the weather. It estimates the potential for additional 500000-800000 visitors per year."

Die Familie Mack denkt weiter – und wird bald den nächsten großen Schritt in Angriff nehmen, einen Schritt, auf den vor allem die jüngeren Verantwortlichen schon lange gedrängt haben. 2016 will man, auf einem angrenzenden Grundstück, einen Wasserpark eröffnen. "Und zwar einen, wie ihn Europa noch nie gesehen hat", sagt Michael Mack. Es wird viele Attraktionen geben, die wetterunabhängig betrieben werden können. Man schätzt das Potenzial auf zusätzliche 500.000 bis 800.000 Besucher pro Jahr.

Source: http://www.zeit.de/2013/28/europa-park-rust-schweizer/seite-3

It's interesting for 2 reasons:

1- How Mack designs the property (Maybe themed to Oceans?)

Doubtful in my opinion. My money is that it will be themed to something EUROPEAN.

Maybe something changed, but last time I looked at a map I remember seeing a real big ocean right next to Europe.

It's interesting for 2 reasons:

1- How Mack designs the property (Maybe themed to Oceans?)

Doubtful in my opinion. My money is that it will be themed to something EUROPEAN.

Maybe something changed, but last time I looked at a map I remember seeing a real big ocean right next to Europe.

Correct - ONE OCEAN! Ok, I guess you could include the Arctic. But I still don't see it being themed to The Oceans, unless they tie it into the Europeans reign of seafaring conquest from the mid 15th - 17th centuries.

Edited by larrygator