TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

Wow, the theming is amazing and it seems like there is more to come. The whole area behind the gate is still under construction and the two fire spitting sculptures at the top of the lifthill will also make a big difference in terms of theming and ride experince.

The park opens in 5 days and I am sure that the safety and mechanics of the coaster were of higher priority lately. I guess some major theming elements are still on the way and we will discover more and more new, little details as the time goes by.

Also, the onride looks quite thrilling in a Europa kind of way. It looks family friendly and like a lot of fun throughout the ride.

I also look forward to get the new ride experience from bluefire now when crossing Wodan.

Love the trains, the closed front looks better than the railing normal Millennium flyers have.

Exactly what I was planning to say. I love how the trains turned out, and the nice clean fronts are a big part of that.

Am I missing something, or are there seriously no rider reports yet? Looking forward to the first!

^There are some rider reviews on German sites. They did sound promising..

This was a preview day and the park does not (officially) open untill next weekend.

I'll be checking out the ride later this week

Edited by Hhappy

There is a second soft opening for 300 riders on the 30.th march were they just open the wodan coaster for fans and the rest of the park stays closed. After this i will write a review here...

So...got a handfull of ride reviews at first hand from those who took place in that Migros event (Wodan pre-opening).

They all agreed, that the most significant quality is that Wodan gives a GREAT sense of speed (no surprise regarding the fact that it has such a huge drop followed by such a low to the ground layout combined with MANY tunnels/headchoppers/nearmisses)

They all agreed that it`s really fun (Noone was dissapointed AFAIK).

Yes...it has a few spots of air...but not that powerful air until now...but one of the parks directors told me that Wodan hasn`t reached its final speed yet...so I guess we have to wait and see...by the way...it`s not as fast as it was in the first test runs, because it has softer wheels now !

Wodan doesn`t feel like a typical woodie ! It has no metal wheels...just plastic/rubber wheels (because of noise reasons), probably that`s why it not loud at all...no rattle...unfortunately not the typical woodie roar (for me the biggest letdown so far)...maybe you can compare it with intamin prefabs.

Greeds...GeorgeT

ADMIN EDIT!

LINK REMOVED - Sorry guys - we are told from the park that no official video has been released and any onride videos taken have not been approved from the park, so I can't allow this to be posted as it's breaking the park rules. It's a little disappointing to see someone who appears to have been invited to the media day do this.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

I'm a little disappointed that they passed up the opportunity of doing something on a Wednesday for the ride (Wednesday/Wodenstag/Wodan's Day/Odin's Day). At least I haven't heard of anything.

But on the other hand, fire spitting wolves, a choral theme song, incredible theming, and an awesome looking wooden coaster will *probably* make up for it. Hell, Hel even has a rotating sand-dial of death!

Seriously though, I can't wait to visit this summer, Wodan looks fantastic.

I have relatives in Berlin, I'll have to persuade them to take me down to Europa Park someday; now's as good a time as any to go for the first time.

I hope they like theme parks as much as you because It's still 780 km or 485 miles to get the Europa Park from Berlin. So you would have really nice relatives if they will drive you there !

I have relatives in Berlin, I'll have to persuade them to take me down to Europa Park someday; now's as good a time as any to go for the first time.

I hope they like theme parks as much as you because It's still 780 km or 485 miles to get the Europa Park from Berlin. So you would have really nice relatives if they will drive you there !

Or have relatives who like you enough to let you borrow their car

Or have relatives who like you enough to let you borrow their car

Good luck with that. If my 20 year-old relatives came to visit me from Italy/Germany, no way in hell am I lending them my car for a day to drive in a foreign country.