TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

Just wondering, are the lines/crowds really bad during the summer? And is Europa Park a "more than one day" park?

Hi Schotcher !

Europa is a two...maybe even a three day park !

During the summer and holiday time the park will be packed...but Europa is famous for very fast operations

Need more advice ?

Europa is in summer and holiday time at least a three day park!

Just think at the 10 rollercoaster and an average waiting time of 45 minutes then it takes 7.5 hours only for the rollercoasters.

And there are so many more attractions ...

Just wondering, are the lines/crowds really bad during the summer? And is Europa Park a "more than one day" park?

I was at Europa park on one of the busiest days of the year (holiday in both Germany and France, first nice weather, weekend) and even though the park was packed (even the streets were extremely crowded) they managed to clear pretty much every line (even though most were longer than the provided space) in 1 hour or less. My respect for Europa Park doubled that day. I would have had a horrible experience in 99% of all theme parks, but Europa park pulled it off. However, with the amount of rides EP has, you definitely need 2 or 3 days.

Just to add weight to the 2/3 day thing.

I have not spent less than 2 days / 3 nights there on any visit since 2005. And ideally, 3 days / 4 nights. They have 11 coasters now, and with masses of shows too - and all that food to try!

Hmmm...I wouldn`t say you NEED (!) so many days...it`s just that you won`t run out of things to to for three days...but if you concentrate on what you like the most, then it can totally make sense to go there for "just" one day...of course

Hmmm...I wouldn`t say you NEED (!) so many days...it`s just that you won`t run out of things to to for three days...but if you concentrate on what you like the most, then it can totally make sense to go there for "just" one day...of course

It depens. If you are all about "credits" then sure, you can go to any park for one day. But f you like the atmosphere, the general scene... the park. Then more time is needed.

Seeing as that the discussion has moved to this topic I feel it would be a good time to ask.

For those people from the UK. What is the best way to get to the park in your experience?

I have been looking and certainly it appears that flying in: Switzerland, France and Germany are all viable in terms of distance.

In terms of accommodation also, and this is for all; what is the cheapest and (bearing in mind student budgets) likely to be the most pleasant: a) Staying at the parks on-site camping (added complication therefore of bringing camping gear), b) Staying in Rust in a B+B (not sure what availability and pricing are like August/September), c) other.

Seeing as that the discussion has moved to this topic I feel it would be a good time to ask.

For those people from the UK. What is the best way to get to the park in your experience?

I have been looking and certainly it appears that flying in: Switzerland, France and Germany are all viable in terms of distance.

In terms of accommodation also, and this is for all; what is the cheapest and (bearing in mind student budgets) likely to be the most pleasant: a) Staying at the parks on-site camping (added complication therefore of bringing camping gear), b) Staying in Rust in a B+B (not sure what availability and pricing are like August/September), c) other.

London Stansted - Karlsruhe Baden with Ryanair is the easiest on the other side, with a direct shuttle which you can book in advance from the airport to EP.

Accommodation - Camp Resort (Log Cabinm, Tipi or Chuck Wagon) costs from €25 (£21) per person per night.

Off resort is also available - Guesthouse Mama or Elzpark in Rust are both very reasonable and within walking distance. Try www.booking.com and type Europa-park.

August is a good month to go - although it's busy, the park usually opens till 8 or 9pm, and there are loads of events on, such as on Saturday nights the Portugal Beach Party till 1am with Atlantica running and loads of drinks and music. There's also the Summer Show at Colosseo.

And, even if you aren't staying in them, you can still eat and drink at all hotels on resort.

You are speaking as a local who has been to the park multiple times. The original question was asked from someone who hasn't been to the park before (or I am assuming this is the case). I would certainly want to spend multiple days (at least 2) if/when I finally get out there.

You are speaking as a local who has been to the park multiple times. The original question was asked from someone who hasn't been to the park before (or I am assuming this is the case). I would certainly want to spend multiple days (at least 2) if/when I finally get out there.

Agreed. I have been to Europa twice with TPR for a combined 2.5 days and I still haven't seen everything.

Edited by larrygator

So...just came home from seeing Wodans first test runs in person. There will be a few videos in about two...maybe three hours...a few german coasterfans are putting their video shots together.

I`ll post the links here ASAP.

Greeds...GeorgeT

EDIT : Earlier than expected...but there will be another one later with a shots of the area under Atlantica !

(Better video now on Page 108 !)

Edited by GeorgeT

Here`s another angle (from the parking lot) :

(better video now on page 108 !)

These were the first rides...and it was COLD...! If I imagine this going even faster...which is quite realistic...

Edited by GeorgeT

There are 2 things I noticed when watching this video:

1.) It hauls ass

2.) It seems much more quiet

I'm not sure if the second one is due to the recording distance from the coaster or if the nylon wheels are making a huge difference in the noise level. Whatever it may be, the ride looks amazing; a real winner for Europa!