TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

The wait is over!

What Europa Park's friends and fans have all been waiting for is finally coming true! Euromaus and his friends take the big step to the big screen!

In "The Secret of Balthasar Castle" (Das Geheimnis von Schloss Balthasar), Euromaus and his friends Euromausi, Eurofant, Louis and Böckli (whose voice has been provided by none other than DJ BoBo) solve the riddle of the mysterious Castle Balthasar.

The five amusing animals find themselves in many exciting situations. Their adventurous treasure hunt leads them through the mysterious Catacombs of castle Balthasar. Without doubt, Euromaus, Euromausi, Eurofant, Böckli and Louis must show great courage. Only by working together can they decipher the great secret.

This is a multimedia short-film produced together with Mack Media, producers of the German animated film 'Die Konferenz der Tiere - 3D' (The meeting of animals - 3D) and will bring laughter and amazement to everyone - not just fans of Euromaus. The film runs for 15 minutes and promises fun for the whole family.

More info here: http://www.europapark.com/kundenbereich/park/4dfilm/index.html

Eurofant's name is excellent.

Edited by robinschroder

I can totally see why it made you cry...even without understanding what was said. I guess the old turtle helping the littles one`s finding their way into the sea was soooo touching that no words were needed

And yes...the Cinema is awesome...it has the biggest screen I have ever seen. MUCH (!) bigger than what you will find in most of Germanys Cinemas !

Wooot...woooot ! Theeeeeming has started on the 2012- coming GCI-Woodie

(Source : Chris-Space.net)

850775258_tunnel1themingstart.jpg.441e5763b65110e4fc203f20278dc0d6.jpg

I was expecting the tunnels to be very open...and luckily I was wrong !!! They started covering the first tunnel on both sides...yay !

1745726405_tunnel1theming.jpg.92173ac40a7ccd79aba7762c4082a9b5.jpg

See ?

532716586_torbertunnel2.jpg.2d1b5774bc4b2243bd4a8bf93cbcac9a.jpg

This is the beginning of building the archway that leads to the new "mystical island" area...it`s locatend on top of the second tunnel after the first turnaround !

1437447681_torbertunnel2close.jpg.3206dd9aa62d53539a0b5f5d185364d5.jpg

1905009982_eingangtunnel2.jpg.db6bc3d1b67c35d14451ccf71f185df1.jpg

Going into the second tunnel...

421126886_Tunnel3fahrtrichtung.jpg.86e3a7193dc9452ed245ecf7698d3b3f.jpg

And there`s tunnel number three. Quite tight, right ???

1901639404_tunnel3gegenrichtung.jpg.7e12a255740a1ee66f630540d79622df.jpg

...same here...wroooom :-)

1961011438_bume.jpg.3bef3eff1fc5be7eade45699ff939bf6.jpg

It`s already christmas at Europa ;-)

806731038_overviewlifttunnel.jpg.5d1cad4d88e6c8450d775008858f2cb9.jpg

It`s trench-the ride :-)

1724034243_Woodiegrossnacht.jpg.369809a20aa6ce576ad1bc202c9ed5ed.jpg

Awwww..."mythos" at night !

Edited by GeorgeT

NOW IT`S OFFICIAL !!!

I just posted it a few days before in the rumour-thread...but now it`s official : Europa Park is getting it`s 12. Rollercoaster in 2013 !!

The Coaster will be a family and children-friendly powered indoor-flying coaster...using the Blue-Fire (launchcoaster) seats. It will have a lengh of around 650 meters (!).

The ride will feature some classic darkride AND rollercoaster parts. It will be located in the area of the enchanted forest and will be themed by luc besson, who`s responsible for "arthur and the minimoys".

Source : The "badische Zeitung" Newspaper of the region around Rust !

Link : http://www.badische-zeitung.de/rust/europa-park-gemeinderat-macht-weg-fuer-luc-bessons-minimoys-frei

Greeds...GeorgeT

Edited by GeorgeT

^ I'm skeptical about the "flying" part, I've got a feeling it may have been lost in translation. Flyers have OTSRs which Europa is against. I think this is more likely to be an indoor powered inverted coaster. This is the only product on Mack Rides' website which hasn't been built at Europa Park (apart from the E-Motion coaster).

^ I'm skeptical about the "flying" part, I've got a feeling it may have been lost in translation. Flyers have OTSRs which Europa is against. I think this is more likely to be an indoor powered inverted coaster. This is the only product on Mack Rides' website which hasn't been built at Europa Park (apart from the E-Motion coaster).

No, no, noooooo...

Take alook at this : http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/coasters/suspended-powered-coaster/info/c-pcs-info.html

Lapbars only. This is exactly what Europa Park is getting in 2013 !!!

@ James : Honey...this is great news ! Welcome back, Dude !

EDIT : The Building that will house the Indoor-Coaster will have a footprint of about 3000 Squaremeters. It will also house a new restaurant...and there are also plans for building a children`s droptower in that (fairytale) area !

^Looks like a suspended (potentially, spinning) coaster to me. Are you using the term "powered" because that is used on the Mack site? It doesn't look like it would be powered nor technically inverted (unless you consider suspended coasters to be a subset of inverts).

I understand George's use of the word "flying" is probably a German to English translation issue, as "flying" coasters are defined as those where your body is aligned perpendicular to the track.

Powered_Coaster_Suspended.jpg.d5df22868ad616cdb1590ca747738203.jpg

Edited by larrygator

Suspended does mean the cars have to swing. The fact the the cars dangle from the chassis/wheel assembly (I'm probably using the completely wrong terminology, so bear with me) makes it suspended.

I guess powered could have multiple definitions (is the potential spinning caused by weight distribution or triggered by automation?), but when speaking of a "powered coaster" that term means it has a third rail supplying power to the coaster.

True the cars in this instance might not spin, but I'm being optimistic that they will spin for Elissa's future enjoyment.

Edited by larrygator

This is truly a major "WOW!" Despite the clunky Google translation, this sounds like it could be seriously neato.

The world should have, nay NEEDS, more Luc Besson-creative-directed dark ride/rollercoasters. "Fifth Element: The Ride," "Taxi: The Ride," and "Transporter: The Ride," next please.

Sorry guys...that was definitively my fault

I would LOVE (!) to see a flyer at Europa...but this is gonna be a powered I-N-V-E-R-T-E-D coaster. And yes...AFAIK the cars are going to spin so that the seats will face the darkride part scenes (controlled spinning).

Sorry for the confusion

I still think that this is a GREAT announcement. Hope you agree...and next time I´ll definitively try to translate things more carefully

NOW IT`S OFFICIAL !!!

I just posted it a few days before in the rumour-thread...but now it`s official : Europa Park is getting it`s 12. Rollercoaster in 2013 !!

Greeds...GeorgeT

In the Newspaper there some facts not so true and mixed up...

The Coaster will come 2014...in '13 the first kiddie-major-rides like the mini-free-fall will publish.

But the complet new part of the fairy-tale part on the north-park-side will finished 2014 or '15 with the coaster, theme and a new restaurant.

Greetings from Germany (and excuse my bad English)...

Sorry...but a darkride in the fairytale forest was announce long (!) ago for 2013...and yes...the whole area will be finished until 2015. So first the darkride...the mini-freefall will follow later

EDIT : Just checked it once again...it`s coming in 2013...just take a look from minute 16 on :

Greeds...GeorgeT

About the inverted coaster.... Macks old Internet-Site said the coaster could be build suspended with swinging trains or with spinning trains (controlled/powered and/or uncontrolled spinning)! But because its a dark ride, i think they will use the controlled spinning seats for better viewing and more options during the ride. And about the powered coaster thing... i want to quote them from their homepage:

this suspended powered coaster doesn‘t need any major lifthill but are able to either run powered through the track or to roll freely downhill. Imagine the great opportunities of this system when creating an amazing ride story.
source: http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/coasters/suspended-powered-coaster/info/index.html

I think (or hope ) they will do extacly this.... a powered coaster with spinning trains for the darkride section(s), and then in between 1-2 free rolling coaster sections... that will be fun! really looking forward to it, and of course to the new woodie too!

And some new pics from gci on

Edit:Want to show two intresting things in the pics from gci:

In this photo you can see a negativ banked curve in the front... i think it will be the section before the lifthill:

386365_10150407297494095_23030364094_8281104_652794943_n.jpg

and in this one you can see the banked part in the station flyby section:

388189_10150407297434095_23030364094_8281103_117916342_n.jpg

Have you guys heard of the Europa Park Add On to RollerCoaster Tycoon 3? Well, most of you probably haven't since you don't play RCT3, but it's a sweet add on to the game. It has custom tracks, custom tracked rides, and other goodies that are found at Europa Park. Take a look at the thread here if you are interested in it:

LINK.

Thanks for the link!