TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

I was somewhat bemused why EP chose to announce the "per day" capacity of the ride, at 18,000 rather than the per hour.

Based on their standard hours of 9-6, that's literally 2,000... however, the park often open longer (till 7, 8). I highly doubt they'd expect a throughput any higher than what they achieve with Blue Fire (around 1,700) and Joris en de Draak, only achieves around that COMBINED both tracks together...

So it's very interesting.

I have a feeling based on some questions I asked to Chris at GCI at our Factory Tour on the Road to Cedar Point Trip and the answers he gave me that there still may be some surprises on the way with this ride.

Yeah - same here. I was at Efteling recently and got chatting to an enthusiast member of the ride tea on Joris. He reckoned that there would be an onload/offload for the ride at EP, which isn't exactly rocket science but, as said above - space!?

Surely no seatbelts is a given? EP haven't got belts on any of their coasters. I can't see them accepting them on a woodie.

I have a feeling based on some questions I asked to Chris at GCI at our Factory Tour on the Road to Cedar Point Trip and the answers he gave me that there still may be some surprises on the way with this ride.

A little of topic here, but i can't find the TR for The Road To Cedar Point, where is it?

^^That's a maintenance shed - GCIs always always have the final brakes, the maintenance shed, and then the station.

2000 pph? Holy bajeebers! I can't wait to see how they work that out!

thx, i wasn´t sure about that

hope so Even the new artwork looks like the two dragons will be at the top of a (lift??)-hill, looks spectecular if you go through two fire spitting dragons. Hope they will add a nice pre-show too! That will be delicious, but the first artworks of the queue line, say there is more to come, because it looks like it will tell the saga of the nordic mythology. really can´t wait for this gem.

This thing looks like it's going to be absolutely epic, I've been wanting to see a GCI for a while now with some major themeing incorporated into the ride experience, Joris was a nice start but this looks like the next level. I've thought for a while that a well themed dueling/racing GCI would fit perfectly into Animal Kingdom, maybe after this thing opens that will look more realistic to some people.

The first drop looks like a tighter version of the KY Rumbler's, which is one of my favorite first drops on a woodie. My only beef with the design is, and this is purely based on the model which may not be 100% accurate, is that it looks like they might have had to squeeze the design into the space provided. Which could be great, but I hope didn't limit GCI's designers to design something that just "fits" instead of something that is really good. I'm sure it will be amazing though, all GCI's usually are.

Let's see if I calculated this correctly... so with 2000pph and with 24 seats per train they'll need to send out a train about every 43 seconds. Does that sound correct?

I guess it's doable if they skip the seatbelts, use the lift hill as a block and the ride time is less than 43 seconds long which is maybe why the ride is so short for it's height and speed.

Also wondering about the firespitting wolves. I only know of Fenrir but I don't think he can throw fire.... but who cares as anything that can throw fire is a great effect

2000 pph WOW, that's impressive!

I'm willing to bet that this ride will be able to run five trains and have a station set up similar to Maverick, where two trains can be dispatched at once.

Cheetah Hunt stacks too. So yes, I can see some stacking going on here. I'm sure EP know what they're doing here with marvel of a coaster.

My only beef with the design is, and this is purely based on the model which may not be 100% accurate, is that it looks like they might have had to squeeze the design into the space provided. Which could be great, but I hope didn't limit GCI's designers to design something that just "fits" instead of something that is really good.

AFAIK Europa has lot`s of space to build new attractions...so I guess they believe that building the Coaster there and letting it interact with other attractions would create a better atmosphere in that area. I know many people who like it a lot when different atractions interact (including me)...an I guess Europa knows that

^I second that. Tunnels are such a simple yet amazingly effective element on coasters, especially wooden coasters. The ridiculous amount of echoing from wooden coasters in concrete tunnels adds another dimension to those few moments.

This ride looks like it will be pretty awesome. I've yet to get on a GCI but they look like they're great coasters and this is no exception. If I'm ever in Europe, this park is going to need to be one of the parks I visit.