TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

You know, I live in Germany but I still don't go to Europa Park often enough! It's just not very easy to get to from Hamburg which makes it impossible to just go for a day visit. Sad, because now with this coaster, it really is turning into one of the most well-rounded theme park resort destinations in the world!

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading about it a few weeks ago and looking at pics. Its location looks like the midwest. It has a large collection of coasters, large coasters, which is just not that common in Europe. Looks like Germany loves there thrill rides as much as us. I'm of course juxtaposing this to other European parks like Tivoli Gardens which are tiny in acreage and located in dense cities and just overall look ANCIENT. Europa has this cedar fair-like gleam in the colors it uses for its rides and theming.

I was reading about it a few weeks ago and looking at pics. Its location looks like the midwest. It has a large collection of coasters, large coasters, which is just not that common in Europe. Looks like Germany loves there thrill rides as much as us. I'm of course juxtaposing this to other European parks like Tivoli Gardens which are tiny in acreage and located in dense cities and just overall look ANCIENT. Europa has this cedar fair-like gleam in the colors it uses for its rides and theming.

This is like comparing vintage French wine to Ripple.

Ouch guess there're a lot of Germans here...? Last I checked modern theme parks were an American invention for our suburbs, so, if anything, American parks are the bottled wine to Europe's boxed. Just take the freakin compliment already people.

Not germans. Just people who like Europa Park because it is so different from the US parks!

Ouch guess there're a lot of Germans here...? Last I checked modern theme parks were an American invention for our suburbs, so, if anything, American parks are the bottled wine to Europe's boxed. Just take the freakin compliment already people.

Man, you don't have a clue what you are talking about, do you?

Its location looks like the midwest. It has a large collection of coasters, large coasters, which is just not that common in Europe.

These things are true, but the similarities stop there. European parks are different from American parks in that they focus on the overall experience, not just coasters. Europa Park is European style park that happens to have a large coaster collection.