TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

As i only have one chance to visit these parks this year , these "Pfingsten"s made my trip plans fly out of the window

I guess the next best time to try is when the kids are off to school again - which should be the start of september?

(i guess summer holiday is the full month of july+august ?)

g.

Team Thriller is right... in the pfingstferien there are a mass of people in the park. But normally if Europa park is packed with people, they open the park for many more hours into the night... Last year we were there the park opened till 10 p.m.. they do this because they want that all people had a good day and get enough out of their money.

And the EP has really good operaters, even on the fullest day you get all big rides and coasters ridden on one day, then use the second day to ride your favourites again and some of the rides.

i would suggest you to 2- days to europa park and 1 day in the holiday park. Because in holiday park, you have all rides ridden in 2-3 hours, on a normal day... i think even if it is crowded you can ride every ride two times.

And if you go in september, i would suggest to go in the middle or near the end of the month... the summer vacations end often at the 9th or 10 th of september(don`tknow this year). Till this time EP is very often very crowded

Thank you guys for the help!

Much needed info.

So, can i assume that if the Baden-Württemberg area vacation is 14.06.-25.06 ,

Does this menas that the kids are back to school between 26.06 till 01.07 ?

It might work out that this week,just before summer holiday, should be OK crowds wise?

G

It doesn't matter when the Baden-Württemberg kids are back in school, yes it will help, but you have to remember that Europa Park is in the middle of TONS of school districts. As a matter of fact, I have noticed that crowdes are better when the Baden-Württemberg kids are out of school and all those in France are in school.

--James

this could be a good time for going to the EP... i don´t know if the french have there their summer vacations, but even if it were so, the park wouldn`t be so crowded as in the german vavation period... So if you go during the week, i think there is a good chance that it isn`t crowded. A hint from my experience is that sometimes it is very crowded on wednesday, because the french people doesn`t have school on this day if i remember right. So it will be good time i think

It doesn't matter when the Baden-Württemberg kids are back in school, yes it will help, but you have to remember that Europa Park is in the middle of TONS of school districts. As a matter of fact, I have noticed that crowdes are better when the Baden-Württemberg kids are out of school and all those in France are in school.

--James

Well as i understand french school holiday atarts at 2nd of July.

So might have a winner here

Europa Park has sent us a press release regarding the announcement of their latest hotel addition, the Bell Rock.

Proud and graceful, the red & white lighthouse will enthrone over the roofs of Rust as the emblem of the fifth themed hotel of Europa-Park Hotel Resort and guide the travellers into a safe “holiday harbour”. With „Bell Rock“, Europa-Park sets up a new flagship, symbol of the inexhaustible lust for holiday of the Europeans. Germany’s biggest theme park keeps on develloping as a short break destination. With the new and consequently third 4-star superior hotel, Europa-Park transports a fascinating holiday atmosphere for people of all round Europe to the Baden town of Rust. Much like the Europeans, principally Englishman, who strove towards new horizons and adventurously sailed and crossed the Atlantic Ocean in the past, the visitors can follow the steps of the founding fathers and explorers from summer 2012 in the new themed hotel “Bell Rock”. Destination of the trip: The cultural and historical cradle of the USA – New England.

A holiday atmosphere reigns over Europa-Park! From summer 2012, the visitors can go for a direct and comfortable trip to New England in Rust, avoiding a long and tiring cruise. They will only have to cross a river to reach “Bell Rock”, the fifth themed hotel of Germany’s biggest theme park. No need to cross an ocean indeed, only a little river, the "Alte Elz", which then flows into the Rhine and later on into the Atlantic Ocean, separates the old from the new world. To reach the new hotel, the explorers can use the motorway for a comfortable trip, regardless to the wind direction or the tides – they just have to fix the 35-metre high lighthouse as they come closer to their destination.

Red & white striped and sublime, just like its model on the shore of Scotland, the hotel will tower at the southern side of the area and help the holiday-seekers to find the right course. Painted with light and fresh colours, the buildings constructed in colonial style are lined up to one another. The charmful ensemble, composed of the 4-floored and whitewashed main building and the five corresponding outbuildings, stands together harmoniously on a surface of 7,000 m2 – directed to the South and always towards the sun. Already before stepping into the hotel, the visitors can easily guess its theme thanks to the typical wooden construction and the unmistakable roof form of the buildings: New England style. Take a portion of seafarer’s flair, add a bit of discoverer-spirit and a breeze of holiday-feeling and you will obtain the delicious English feel-good atmosphere of "Bell Rock". Light-flooded rooms and maritime accessories, mixed with high-quality antiques and abundant craftsmanship invite the visitors to sail away to the new world, the young America.

The lobby and the corridors are decorated in typical New England shaker-style: a plain, puristic design, high-quality construction materials and precious wooden floors with clear lines convey the typical English atmosphere, simple but nevertheless elegant. No luxurious decoration or ornament in sight, the functionality of the furniture is the main focus. The crackle of the fireplace, a bookcase and greatly arranged window areas invite to rest for a while.

The 225 family-friendly rooms are placed under the sign of the maritime New England style with opulent tapestry and light wood panelling. Flat TV screens, Wi-Fi and the refined bathroom offer far more comfort than the cabins of yore. The wooden floor and the adapted furniture complement the maritime flair. The 31 suites are all individually themed and integrate typical details referring to the several English colonies or contemporary personalities like for example Sir Francis Drake or Admiral Horatio Nelson.

The highlights in the truest sense of the word are the six suites in the lighthouse. And the icing on the cake is the top lighthouse suite, which offers a 360° panoramic view over the Black Forest, the Breisgau and the French Vosges on two floors – a fascinating and unimpeded sight!

The building complex of the "Bell Rock", the maritime esplanade as well as the neighbouring hotel park and the northern situated parking-lot stretch across the 40,000 m² area. The esplanade, southern oriented and spacious, invites the visitors to go for splashy adventures to new horizons with a maritime landscape and over 2,000 m² water area. The 300 m² ship-like pool area with indoor and outdoor pool and water playground will please young and old seadogs alike. Those who would like to reload their batteries after tiring expeditions can have a relaxing rest at the wellness area. The neighbouring hotel park with fireplaces and authentic gas-lamps emphasises the seafarer flair at the unique coast landscape. Broad-leaved trees from New England line along the shore areas and invite to a pleasant stroll.

For hotel guests as well as for visitors who would like to plunge into the New-England discoverer-atmosphere for a short while, the three integrated restaurants propose a wide range of culinary delicacies. The seafarers’ palates will be pleased with delicious specialities from New England in the self-service restaurant with integrated show-cooking areas and grills. Exclusive cuisine with gastronomic highlights awaits the guests in the fine-dining restaurant of the lighthouse with visible kitchen-area. The VIP-room under the restaurant area, the Havanna lounge and the café-bar with outdoor terrace complete the varied gastronomic offer of “Bell Rock”. Three maritime conference rooms with a total surface of 220 m² complement the Confertainment offer of Europa-Park, a concept initiated in 1998. They can host conferences, seminars or family feasts.

The fifth themed hotel, with its location and theme, will be perfectly integrated into the existing Europa-Park Resort. Already during the planning phase, sustainable construction technology was the focus of the project, regarding water and energy consumption. The heating of the building is obtained with a geothermal heat pump and complies with modern ecological and technological standards. The 4-star superior hotel “Bell Rock” will account for the high occupation rate of the existing hotels of Europa-Park Resort and the expected increase of international guests. The aim is to finish the building and its surroundings in less than one year until summer 2012. Furthermore, 260 new jobs will be created and the regional medium-sized businesses will be reinforced due to the numerous contracts granted to suppliers and artisans.

modell.jpg.7a8180ee0fcdeffb3775c9bf9004e6ea.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The park have (as of today, 14.6.11) released a teaser on Facebook as follows - for their 2012 theme park attraction. They will invest €50m over the next two years (with a dark ride touted for 2013). It is clearly a part of a larger image:

MYT, with a small E above. The E presumably relates to Europa-Park? But the MYT? Myth? Mythology? A tower ride is rumoured, but who really knows...

The Facebook comments and EP forums are buzzing with speculation about a Tower ride, and I heard rumours of a Tower ride a couple of years back too, as something 'they were looking into the feasibility of'.

I doubt it will be a coaster. I can't see another coaster at EP until 2014 at the earliest.

I've just been doing some research and Europa Park builds new coasters really regularly:

On average that is a coaster just under every three years, so 2012 doesn't seem unreasonable. As I said I would prefer a coaster but a tower (drop or starflyer/windseeker) would be cool...

The park have (as of today, 14.6.11) released a teaser on Facebook as follows - for their 2012 theme park attraction. They will invest €50m over the next two years (with a dark ride touted for 2013). It is clearly a part of a larger image:

MYT, with a small E above. The E presumably relates to Europa-Park? But the MYT? Myth? Mythology? A tower ride is rumoured, but who really knows...

They just completed the album to reveal the full name. It will be called "Mythos", and the subtitles seem to say "Ein Acht" (A Coaster)

I am not sure that is actually going to be the name for any development next year? The words read " A myth awoken" - nothing to do with a coaster I am afraid!

As for the Windseeker idea, it would just be hideously low capacity for Europa-Park. There's already one at Holiday Park up the road, and I don't think it would fit the park.

Hmmmm...I`m not shure if this belongs to the Rumour thread...but what I got from a VERY reliable Source is that it`s gonna be a Dark Ride with a Fairytale kind of Theme. Not a Tower. And it will be located close to Fairytale Forest...it will be a Part of the expansion of the Fairytale Area...located on the other side of the River...a huge bridge will be build over the river also...in the End the Size of the existing Fairytale Forest will be doubled !

EDIT : IN NEVER WAS SO WRONG BEFORE !!!

Edited by GeorgeT

The specs of this new Rollercoaster, yes an other GCI coaster!

Name: An even more closely guarded secret!

Construction time: 9 months

Size: 1.6 acres

Length: 1050 meters

Height: 35 meters

Speed: About 100 km / h

Max Vertical Acceleration: 3.5 G

Minimum height: 1.20 meters

Manufacturer: Great Coasters International, Inc

Construction workers: up to 36 carpenters

New jobs: 20

Feature: crossing the tracks of two other roller coasters

source: epfans.info

Edited by ernierocker

Wow, this is exciting! Way to go GCI! Are you sure the length is in feet though? Only 1,500 feet with a top speed of 62 MPH seems wierd to me. If it was 1050 METERS, It would approxomate to around 3,444 feet long. which makes more sense IMHO.