TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Looking for Cedar Point info/questions

I'm planning a two day trip to Cedar Point on August 7/8 which is a Thursday and Friday.

I haven't been to the park in at least 5 years and plan on getting to the park close to opening on Thurs and opening on friday.

I was wondering what tips you may have to make this a enjoyable visit and one where I can maximize the amount of roller coater rides we can get on.

I do have a few questions for those who have visited the park or stayed on site.

Does the park give out free water like Six Flags parks do, do they offer a skip in line program. Where would you recommend eating inside the park.

And for those who have stayed on site is the extra hour worth the price of staying at a Cedar Point hotel and can you get on alot of rides in that hour???

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been back to CP in years, but from what I can tell, you'll want to hit MF, TTD, and Maverick as early as possible.

If you ever have the opportunity, try staying at the Sandcastle resort near the park. Not only does it have great rooms and a view of the lake, but it's also close to the Magnum entrance, giving you easy access to that coaster as well.

as far as where to eat....

Absolutely, 100% recommend the Gameday Grille. Its located near the front of the park, by the Raptor (Green B/M Inverted), and Blue Streak Entrance (Blue Woodie). Decent food, decent prices. Been there 3 separate occasions now and am never disappointed.

Depending on what hotel you use, you may get in an hour early.

^Yes to Game Day, but I also recommend Midway Market. Good buffet for the price, something of a rarity around the park. (I'd recommend Bay Harbor's chicken carbonara, but it's more of a formal restaurant than standard park fare.)

Last week of August about how long are the waits for TTD, MF & Maverick?(Less than an hour? I hope!) & How do you get in a few rides on Maverick during the 1 hour before the park opens?-do you have to be at the front of the gate & sprint over there? I'll consider Sandcastle Suites. I want to be really close to the entrance so I don't have to walk far.

^^Wait times for those coasters on a saturday in general are bad. Friday may still be bad but it can sometimes be hard to predict.

^Last week of august is usually not very busy. If you want to be close to an entrance, stay at Hotel Breakers. It is very close to two entrances. sandcastle suites isn't horribly far away but it can be around a 5-10 minute walk.

I second the suggestion of Midway Market. The buffet is decent, it is in A/C and unlimited refills and unlimited desserts (YUM). I can usually get by with eating there around 1 or 2 and getting by on snacks until we leave the park. I really find most of the walk up burger places horrible. There is a Panda Express in Frontier Town, so while it is a little pricier than Panda Express outside the park, you know what you are going to get.

Also, if you are paying for parking, you do get one return. I have left the park before and gone to East of Chicago Pizza on the causeway. metric ton of pizza, salad, for .. i think it was 6.99 last year. May have gone up since.

I loved staying at the park , we stayed at hotel breakers, and it was great. I loved getting in early. Plus you can hang out at the beach till midnight. There is just something about being able to see the coasters outside your window before you go to bed.

I like panda express and game day grille also, but stay away from Coasters, there food mostly sucks.

We managed to get 2 MF rides in the early entry with out standing too long in line , and 3 maverick rides the next morning early entry, without a huge wait. So we did pretty good.

And we were lucky enough to be there on a day they were having extended ride time on Dragster, we would have gotten more than 1 ride if it wouldnt have broken down. There is something great about riding dragster at night. Both the rides we got on dragster where at night.

Couldn't agree with you more!!! Dragster at night WOW!!! How about Magnum at night!!!

I was able to get good ride time the last two hours before the park closes. Most people are tired and on thier way out.

Also stay away from Joe Cool Cafe, BAD burgers, BAD!!!!

I miss Cedar Point!!! I had such an awesome time!!!!

I'm surprised to hear the great reviews of Game Day Grille. I finally tried it out on my last visit, and was not happy at all. Slow service, incorrect orders, warm beer, and other problems made me not want to return there anytime soon. I have always found that Famous Dave at the CP Marina is the best value/quality food in the park.

Also... If you are contemplating staying in the park, I highly recommend Lighthouse Point. You have your own cabin/cottage with kitchen and outdoor deck, as well as being right on the lake. It's a bit more expensive, but if you have a group going I highly recommend it over Hotel Breakers or Sandcastle.

Just my 2 cents.

^^Really? I've actually gotten wonderful service each time... considering my general skepticism of CP's food service, I eventually figured it was a regular thing instead of multiple unusual/lucky occurrences.

That aside, I do wholeheartedly recommend Lighthouse Point. I stayed in Cabin 13 in 2004 for Halloweekends (hence the only reason I remember it was #13 ) with a few family friends and it was fantastic. I still remember enjoying the early fall breeze with the window open to the lake, cooking brats on the grill and watching a Michigan-Penn State game. Best hotel experience I've ever had on-site.

Couldn't agree with you more!!! Dragster at night WOW!!! How about Magnum at night!!!

I was able to get good ride time the last two hours before the park closes. Most people are tired and on thier way out.

Also stay away from Joe Cool Cafe, BAD burgers, BAD!!!!

I miss Cedar Point!!! I had such an awesome time!!!!

We ended up not getting a ride on maverick at night. The first night we where there we were getting as many one time rides in as we could just in case the weather took a bad turn. We rode maverick once that day. That was the night they had extended ride time on dragster. But the next night we were there, we got in line for a night ride on maverick and it broke down, so they ended up leaving MF's and Dragsters lines open later for people to jump in. That is why i ended up getting 2 nighttime rides on dragster. We were there the next day, but left before it got dark. So we never got our night time ride. But we still had a great time.

I was there in mid June. There were hardly any lines for any thing. Just MF, TTD, and Mav. At about 9:40 I remember a twenty minute wait for TTD!! And I was still abe to get on Magnum!!!

Maybe next time you go you can get that Mav. Night Ride!!

For me I'll have to ride MF at night next time, There's was allways a line !!