TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

King's Dominion has its highest attendance in 12 years!

On Monday, June 30, 2008, King's Dominion reached a record-breaking (for them) 40,000 people in one day. 30,000 were from the Bank of America. They had to turn people away they were so busy. The campgrounds were used as a parking lot too! The total was 5,000 less than a day's worth of visitors at Magic Kingdom.

On Monday, June 30, 2008, King's Dominion reached a record-breaking (for them) 40,000 people in one day. 30,000 were from the Bank of America. They had to turn people away they were so busy. The campgrounds were used as a parking lot too! The total was 5,000 less than a day's worth of visitors at Magic Kingdom.

Carowinds has had 40,000+ in park before as well but that was years ago and 35,000 for magic kingdom must be on a slow day durring the dead season. MK bring in about 50-60,000 on busy days or even more.

Thats great news for KD but you can thank BofA for that otherwise it would have been a very dead day at the park.

That is weird. I would think Dominator & Volcano would have been the longest lines.

Nope. I got on The Crypt and didn't even get my ride. I got wet from the geysers as the gondola wouldn't move.

Anyway, Dominator was almost a walk-on. Volcano's line was out of the mountain, but I waited a while for Backlot, even though its line was hardly out of the station.

The busy day was on Sunday the 29th.

Ok, that makes sense. I was there on Monday the 30th and the place was a ghost town. I wondered if maybe the special event had cleared out at 5:00 or something.

Incidentally, operations on Monday were phenomenal. The park was clean, lines were moving, two trains everywhere I went. Rebel Yell was running both sides and racing. There were TWO bar checkers on each side. This is much better than any other visit I've had so far this season.

^Geauga Lake

For crying out loud, get over it, They scrapped a failing rides park in favor of a waterpark with a chance to turn a profit.

Anyway, I remember working at KI for Procter and Gamble day, so I feel for the workers, as the public is far better to deal with than the crowds that come out for company events. They always seem to feel that they can do whatever they want because they're company bought out the park...

-James "I thought we were done with this!" Dillaman

^^Give credit where credit is due...the sales/events department at Kings Dominion did a great job in landing an event that big. There's no theme park in the country that wouldn't want a special event with 30,000 people to come to their park!

However, the bigger issue is that they obviously aren't going to have events attract 30,000 people every week. If only 10-15k regular guests showed up on a weekend....

Carowinds has had 40,000+ in park before as well but that was years ago and 35,000 for magic kingdom must be on a slow day durring the dead season. MK bring in about 50-60,000 on busy days or even more.

Thats great news for KD but you can thank BofA for that otherwise it would have been a very dead day at the park.

Not necessarily if they were turning people away. It probably would have been an average summer day at KD, not insanely busy, but far from dead.