TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any Knoebel's tips for a first-time visitor?

Well, it's all set. From July 21 through the 24th, I will be heading to Central PA, mainly to visit Knoebel's for the first time. I made reservations at the Hampton Inn in nearby Danville, and since I've never been to this area, I'll be driving down with the help of my new GPS... I'll also bring a map, just in case.

So, I'm wondering how I should visit this park, if I should spring for a ride all day pass at all, what rides I should hit early, what food I should go for, if the water park is worth my time, etc.

I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who knows this park well. Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knoebel's is my favorite non-Disney park in the US! Some random things I think are important:

Do NOT miss the Haunted Mansion. It is a classic, well maintained, and exciting dark ride!

Ride all the coasters, Phoenix is my favorite. If Flying Turns is open by the time you go, expect a long line as it looks like it will be low capacity.

Flat rides I recommend - the Flyers (they are a Knoebels must), Skooters (another Knoebel's must), Kosmotron (indoor Himalaya-type ride with music and flashy lights), looper, Roll o Plane, and the trains are a nice, relaxing ride thru the woods.

Food - blue birch beer, the pizza is good (especially taco pizza!!), tri-taters are like three big tator tots those are good, pierogies (I don't care for pierogies in general but I am told they are good), and everything you could ever want on a stick - fried cheese on a stick is really good!

I have never been to the water park but it just looks like a handful of slides, nothing special.

Have fun!!!

Knoebels is a sick park, I'd have to say it's better looking then BGE.

I think you shoudn't have a problem riding all the rides. I'd make sure to get a back seat ride on Phoenix, and avoid the front seat of Twister if you don't like rough woodies.

The water park doesn't have many big slides or rides, but it's not good to miss if you like water attractions. The slides had no lines the two days I was there and they were very re-ridable.

I'm going in August, but here's what I typically do.

Get a pay-one-price wristband. This is very handy because you won't have to keep emptying your pockets for tickets.

Ride the Skyride. This ride has one of the greatest views of not just the park, but the whole mountainous region.

Do all the coasters. Even though their collection is small, they're one of best in the country.

Eat lunch or dinner at the Alamo but get there early. The line to get in fills up quickly depending on the days.

Just remember when you get an all day stamp, it doesn't include the Haunted House or the Sky ride. If you only go part of the day, tickets are sometimes a better option, depending on how crowded the park is. Usually they only have stamps during the week, when they do that they usually only run one train on the coasters. Also ride the pioneer train when it's dark, if possible. It feels like you're really deep in the woods, far away from civilization.

knoebels is my hometown park and is alot of fun. I wouldnt get the handstamp if there not running both trains on the phoenix, the lines can get long, and sometimes its cheaper to buy tickets than the handstamp. If you do decide to get tickets , get the larger books, you get more for your money, there discounted. If your staying in danville, its really easy to get to knoebels, just get on route 54 east , takes you directly to elysburg, then turn left at the red light (Rt. 487) . There are knoebels signs along the way. I would try out the international food court, they have alot of different foods there, like gator bites. But yes cesari's pizza is the best. Also get the french fry's near the alamo /Oasis restaurants. Or the fancy fries at the Wharf. Here is a link to there food list >

www.knoebels.com/food.asp

And yes the flyers and the scooters are a must! Just a fun warning, the scooters can get intense, its not a pansy bumper cars like most parks have. People can really slam you. I road 5 times in a row once, and i was hurting afterwards.

Have fun.