TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

First of all.Is he dumb?

Second.Why not block off the trams so you can't fall out!

I know it's quicker for there to be no gaurd rail there,but still if people are falling/jumping off...something needs to change.

Ya like the trams at Universal Studios! They have a guard rail that a worker swings down into a closed position and prevents you from jumping off the tram. WDW can easily get new trams designed like those one! Quick easy fix!

I don't understand the logic behind people like this.

Wouldn't you think about what is going to happen if you get off without getting hurt? Ok, so you pick the camera up, but now what? You're definetly not going to be able to chase the tram down on foot. So you're now going to be walking, and probably seperated from your freinds/family.

Maybe an IQ test should be required to get into an amusement park.

I love America.

Its just too bad that people dont use their common sense, I hope this guy is all right.

Hope he's alright???? This was an attempt at clensing the genetic pool, but he survived.....crap.

Poor Disney is gonna get hit with another lawsuit...

While it is sad to hear that Disney/theme parks will get blasted yet again by the media for being out to get your old people, children etc. I can't feel too sorry for this case. Hell if the camera fell out of the tram which was moving at a pretty good rate, it probably wasn't even worth going back for as it would be a miracle if it worked. I'm just going to wait until we have to have OTSR's or 5 point harnesses on these.

Here's a better solution than putting freakin guard rails on all trams. Let the trams kill stupid people!

There you go, Darwinism at its finest!

Nein. That man has children and grandchildren, which makes him "fit" according to Biology. According to Biology, the fittest are just the members of the population that breed the most. So, if you have 12 kids and get killed by the WDW tram you are more fit than a Nobel Laureate with no kids, because you have contributed more to the gene pool.

I love America.

Its just too bad that people dont use their common sense, I hope this guy is all right.

I bet...Everyone has there load of stupid people. We have a door at our store "FIRE EXIT PUSH TO OPEN AND ALARM WILL SOUND."That alarm goes off atleast 3 times a week.

Man I hate people. I do not feel sorry for this person in the least. We need to icrease the process of natural selection in the world, not hinder it with tram seat belts.

I think all things in life should be prorated based on your IQ. You should pay less to get into an amusement park since security won't have to watch you as much and you will actually put litter in the trash, hence making you cheaper to maintain as a guest. Course this policy is completely null and void if you are an inconsiderate jerk, no matter the IQ.

Here's a better solution than putting freakin guard rails on all trams. Let the trams kill stupid people!

Nein. That man has children and grandchildren, which makes him "fit" according to Biology. According to Biology, the fittest are just the members of the population that breed the most. So, if you have 12 kids and get killed by the WDW tram you are more fit than a Nobel Laureate with no kids, because you have contributed more to the gene pool.

Biology can't account for idiots. It's not about how many kids you have with humanity (hell, look at Hitler or other crazy people, he had no children, and he was deemed "fit"). I don't see how this man is fit in any way. I mean, that mindset is saying that life is all about sex. Intelligence is apparently for losers, as the sex fiends must be the most fit of us all...

Now, seriously, this man was just a complete idiot, and he was in no way mentally "fit", as he can't listen to the most OBVIOUS directions ever....

Biology can't account for idiots. It's not about how many kids you have with humanity (hell, look at Hitler or other crazy people, he had no children, and he was deemed "fit"). I don't see how this man is fit in any way. I mean, that mindset is saying that life is all about sex. Intelligence is apparently for losers, as the sex fiends must be the most fit of us all...

Now, seriously, this man was just a complete idiot, and he was in no way mentally "fit", as he can't listen to the most OBVIOUS directions ever....

Looked around the world and only saw that stupid people are breeding....

• 1 year later...
As posted on Disney.com, all the Pleasure Island clubs, including Mannequins, Adventurer's Club and the Comedy Warehouse, will be closing for good on September 28th. I will say, the writing was on the wall for some time, so it's good to see the action finally happen. Though I will be sad to see the Adventurer's Club go, I think this is a good move. PI had gotten stale and really the only people who went now a days was cast. It's time to pull the plug. Edited by larrygator

Awww. I have some great memories of The Adventurer's Club, 8 Trax, and that whole area. Was looking forward to going there again in the next couple years.

I expected them to shut down a couple more clubs and refurbish some areas, but didn't expect this. Where does that leave the Dinosaur whatever attraction that was being built there or nearby?

Okay, so the 21-30 crowds just weren't there. What will make better use of the space?

Probably it's going to be more shopping and restaurant space. In the PI Closing FAQ, the exact quote mentioned is

Downtown Disney® will feature an entirely re-imagined Pleasure Island. Based on Guest feedback, the nightclubs will be replaced by an extraordinary mix of dining and shopping - to be announced in the future - that will entertain Guests of all ages.

So, it'll be pretty much exactly the same as West Side and Marketplace.

Where does that leave the Dinosaur whatever attraction that was being built there or nearby?

The closure only applies to the PI nightclubs and bars: 8 Trax, The Adventurer's Club, Mannequins™ Dance Palace, BET Sound-Stage™ Club, Motion and The Comedy Warehouse. Raglan Road and the new T-Rex will still be open. As a matter of fact, more than likely they are the future of PI.

^ Ahh. Thank you.

Well, since it's a redo, I vote for a McDonald's, Carrabba's, Cinnabon, a place that sells Vault Icee and doesn't get rid of it right when it's getting popular, an arcade filled with classic pinball machines and 80's arcade games, Q-Zar, Virtuality machnes, and a Battle-Tech center.

Well, a fellow can dream can't he?