TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Robb, I know you guys all love Morimoto's. Can you give a first timer any recommendations and/or items you didn't like so much as well?

I've actually never had something I didn't like!

I can tell you my list of favorite things though....

- Spare Ribs

- Black Pepper Steak

- Kung Pao Chicken

- Peking Duck

- Noodle Bowls

- Sushi

- Churro Fondue

Robb, I know you guys all love Morimoto's. Can you give a first timer any recommendations and/or items you didn't like so much as well?

I've actually never had something I didn't like!

I can tell you my list of favorite things though....

- Spare Ribs

- Black Pepper Steak

- Kung Pao Chicken

- Peking Duck

- Noodle Bowls

- Sushi

- Churro Fondue

Hmm--wandering by Moromoto's while hungry has become slightly more dangerous.

The architecture doesn't appear to be anything mind blowing, but what I love is that Orlando seemed to be really devoid of "foodie" celebrity chef type places...Until now! Love that they brought in so many outside people to really liven up the dining options at Disney World. Really turns Disney Springs into THE place to end your night instead of your hotel restaurant or bar.

Really appreciate the non-park updates. It's awesome to see all of the changes going on that make the Disney area a long vacation stay. Seriously, if I were to go down there for a vacation I'd probably want a week to see the water parks, theme parks, downtown area, resort hangout spots, and dining options. Thanks for the photos!

Really appreciate the non-park updates. It's awesome to see all of the changes going on that make the Disney area a long vacation stay. Seriously, if I were to go down there for a vacation I'd probably want a week to see the water parks, theme parks, downtown area, resort hangout spots, and dining options. Thanks for the photos!

Same here. I would probably have to do two separate trips to Orlando, one for WDW and one for everything else: Universal, Busch Gardens, etc.

I'm pretty impressed by the design of the spring and the look of the water. Disney could have just made this place another cookie-cutter high-end shopping destination, like you'd find popping up next to McMansion subdivisions in the exurbs of just about any major city in the country. Instead, they legitimately tied it into an important part of Florida's history and geology. The rest of you can marvel over the restaurants -- not that I won't -- but I'll always appreciate that extra attention to detail and theme.

The architecture doesn't appear to be anything mind blowing

I'm not exactly sure where your expectations came for "mine blowing architecture" came from for a shopping & dining district, but that being said I feel it looks every bit as good as some of the high-end shopping venues I've seen in Las Vegas, Dubai, and other places. In fact, it reminds me a LOT of Tokyo Disney's Ikspiari which I'm pretty sure isn't a bad thing, right? I mean, look at the photos of the venue in Tokyo and compare then to Town Center, looks VERY similar...

3016_ikspiari_01.jpg.801d471a4e6ba8e637e3ffefc242708b.jpg

ikspiari1.jpg.c28700650524e7df3fe17c265e78f8ee.jpg

ikspiari_007.jpg.28c210adf42b07a9ffc39b5d761951ae.jpg

ikspiari_009.jpg.824c28e3ef8d3d2e23c5f04a871c68ee.jpg

ikspiari_011.jpg.6136b3d9dccaf626ec731a0c3195de34.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

It really is an amazing addition! With all those incredible food choices, I'm going to add a day just to visit them all!

Took the words (or food) right out of my mouth, Joey...the new DS looks great!

I really love how they actually built a spring, and then have the shops/restaurants going all around it. The spring looks like a real one, and it's certainly beautiful.

Gonna have to go down soon and see this!

I really love how they actually built a spring, and then have the shops/restaurants going all around it. The spring looks like a real one, and it's certainly beautiful.

Exactly! I mean, I'm not sure how anyone can complain about the architecture when you have areas that look like this...

And I get it... these were taken in the morning under full sunlight. At night with the lighting on, OMG, it's gorgeous!

EDIT.... this is low quality from our live stream last night, but DAMN it looks sooooo good!

1571077751_ScreenShot2016-05-16at19_07_30.png.b6d5efe8239d7e5ceeac7df6a3c5876b.png

Edited by robbalvey

To clarify, I don't think it looks bad by any means. It looks fantastic and is most definitely a HUGE improvement over the disjointed area Downtown Disney used to be. I think I just expected more of the brick, old-timey architecture throughout since I haven't followed the project super close and just assumed the rest of property would match what I saw when I visited in November. I LOVE that look. I just didn't realize that the Town Center portion didn't follow that, so I can't say I was blown away the same way I was in November. But then again, it's hard to judge from photos, so I am sure the final version in person is awesome.

BUT, and this is the important thing...what REALLY matters to me is all the great new places it adds to the Disney lineup. I feel like on any future visits, I could end every single night at Disney Springs and not be bored---plenty of bars and restaurants to chose from now!

If there was one area that you could criticize WDW for in terms of being an all encompassing resort, it was definitely the nightlife scene and "celebrity chefs/hip restaurants" (which seems to be an it thing to do right now in all the major tourist cities). This fills that void and then some!

It looks really lovely. I could stay a good day away from any of the parks, just to roam around,

shop around, and eat around, this place. And so - much - fooood!

I also like that Disney is legendary in their way of landscaping everything in the parks, and outside.

Disney continues to impress me and this is no exception. The place looks fantastic! I love the whole look of it and the peaceful spring adds a lot to the experience.

Robb or Elissa - Let's get straight to business. How do the cupcakes at Sprinkles compare to Molly's in NYC?? That's what I really want to know! Having never been to Japan, can you tell me a little about UniQlo? Why do you like it so much, what all do they sell, and is there a store in the US is similar to it? Thanks!

^

1. I prefer Molly's.

2. It's a good priced, good quality store. They sell Men's, Women's, and Kid's clothing. There are a few in the states in big cities. The closest one to Orlando is NYC!

Having never been to Japan, can you tell me a little about UniQlo? Why do you like it so much, what all do they sell, and is there a store in the US is similar to it? Thanks!

Old Navy.

They have a website with pretty much everything they sell on it. There are also a handful of stores in California.