TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Hershey Park 6/25

So here is my very first trip report of TPR! Wish me luck.

And in advance, sorry guys no pictures.

So we arrived at the park's gates around 9:30 with ticket in hand. We waited until about to get in and then a mini-rush started toward Fahrenheit. Everyone was stopped up around the bumper cars since that part of the park wasn't open yet. Then we made our sprint to Fahrenheit and got lucky enough to be on the first train of the day. The ride blew me away. So much airtime, So many sick elements, Best lift hill ever, One of the best drops. I could fill this page up with compliments on the ride, but i will go further into my day, and add more about the ride at the end

So after that sick ride we headed over to Storm Runner. It was a walk on. The ride does have a case of the Intamin rattle, it is not as smooth as it was last year, but it is not too bad like some rides, it is bearable.

Next we hopped on Great Bear, great ride as usual. Then SooperDooperLooper, and by now we were on a mission to ride all the coasters. So we next got on Wild Mouse, which was extremely painful this year for some reason. After that was Wildcat, which was slightly rough but not as bad as it once was. Lightning Racer ran nice like always. Roller Soaker was boring, Sidewinder wasn't to painful, Trailblazer, yawn. We finished our rides with Comet since the line was 30-45 mins in the morning . Comet was not trimmed at all and was a fast and intense ride. I was very happy with the park for that. We also got on Fahrenheit later and it was lucky enough to be seated in the front seat. Still breathtaking ride.

Also in CoasterNews, Coal Cracker was open and i got to take a ride on it. I'm fairly sure it isn't going anywhere. It doesn't have a new paint job ether, it just looks like the boats have new wheels on the side and the drops were painted.

Fahrenheit is the best ride in the park. Hands down. The lift is insane. Going vertical it just feels like you are going to flip backwards or slide out of you're seat. The extra 7 degrees on the drop adds so much air, it makes a huge difference. The norwegian loop had a ton of airtime, And some nice G's going up the second half of it. The cobra roll was insane, there is so much airtime in the Cobra, you are rarely in you're seat. There was an intamin rattle on the second half of the Cobra, which i feel could be a problem some day. The two corkscrews were nice, but nothing special. The airtime hill toward the end is one of the best small hills i have ever experienced. This ride is insane, and you all have to get out there to ride it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

I was at Hershey today too. I totally agree Fahrenheight was amazing. Lift hill was actually quicker than I thought it would be. That is the best drop I've ever been on. I rode it 3 times. 1st ride i got back row, the other 2 rides I got the middle. Middle seemed better to me than the back. But maybe because it was later in the day when it was warmed up and running quicker. I really wanted to get the front but couldn't. Oh well maybe next time.

I'm still torn tho. i still really like stormrunner. I can't decide which i like better.

Yea I also thought Lightning Racer gave a great ride today too. I like Great Bear'd ride also

I'm glad you had a good time at the park and enjoyed the new coaster so much. I have one question though... Did you notice this "Intamin Rattle" on Farhenheit as well, or just on Storm Runner? When we went there Farhenheit might have had the worst case of the "rattles" I've ever noticed on a coaster. It was smooth, but the train sounded like it was going to fall apart if it rattled any harder.

*Edit, I must have missed the part where you basically answered my question. Sorry

Yankees- You could feel the rattle all over the ride. I rode 1st row, 2nd row and last seat. It was worse in the front, but it wasn't as bad in the back seat.

Superman- I agree with Great Bear, it seemed to be flying today. Much more forceful then i ever remembered. Glad you enjoyed Fahrenheit as much as I did. I enjoyed the Fahrenheit rides in the afternoon as well. The first train ride ran much slower, but then again I wasn't front seat that time.

Friss- Yeah the rattle was awful from the part where the ride valleyed on opening day in the Cobra roll all the way up to the corkscrew. It was smooth but just sounded like it was falling apart.

I forgot to add this, but did anyone notice the one part going up into the Norwegian Loop (where it swings to the right then flips to the left) sways a lot after the ride goes through it. It's very noticeable from the line, especally when you are really close to the lift hill. If you don't know where i mean,

24 seconds in. I hope that doens't become a future problem as well.

Still for the amount of space the ride takes up, Fahrenheit is the best ride that could of ever fit in the tight space.

^That is very disappointing to hear about Storm Runner. I hope when I get out to Hershey the ride doesn't have the rattle, but I won't expect that. It's such a great ride and I would hate to see it become rough.

It still is a great ride, but just not as silky smooth as it once was.

You're right, Fahrenheit's lift hill is one of the best (or if not THE best) on a coaster. I thought it was very intense going up the lift alone. Couldn't tell how far we were from the top until we crested. I think the ride itself is a combination of Great Bear and Storm Runner, put together. Intense and smooth, plus a fun ride, altogether. I can't wait to ride it again!

I also rode Coal Cracker (twice to be exact) on my June 8th trip, and the ride was running as good as ever. Drop also looked like it was repainted. Won't be leaving anytime soon.

Too bad you don't have any pictures to share. Nice T/R by the way!

yeah, I would of loved to take pictures but I was with non-enthusiast friends and just guys who loved to ride the rides so I didn't want to hold them up by being like "Hold on guys I have to take this picture" and whatnot. Everything was running beautifully tho, and it was a perfect sunny day. Missed some sick photo opportunities

I rode Fahrenheit last week as well. I thougth the cobra roll had quite alot of vibrations for a new ride, but apart from that it was smooth as glass. Loved the first drop and the ending (corks + final turns). Very good ride!

Storm Runner wasnt as smooth, but it was insane! Unlike pretty much every other ride, I never managed to prepare myself for the ride. Easily the best coaster in the park in my opinion.

Having been on El Toro the day before, and the only GCI I had ridden earlier was Thunderbird, I was a bit dissappointed with the wooden coasters at Hershey. Comet was actually the smoothest one. A bit more airtime and it would have been great.