TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Europe Trip 2008" Thread!

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a whole bunch of Mcdonald's! Thanks as always for the spectacular pics and even better captions. I have one question though. Do you guys take the pics thinking of what the captions will be or just think of the captions later?

Nope! I just make up the captions as I post the pictures. Sometimes I go back and edit them even...

--Robb

^Robb, I still prefer your original captions for the pax coasters on "day -1" of the europe trip!!

A couple of things:

- There is not enough sadness being shown by trip participants over the fact that I went home before you went to DLP.

We were very sad, but the were only pictures of the SAME FUDGING TEN PEOPLE in the update so the sadness wasn't displayed

Mmm randomn people buffet.

Space Mountain wasn't too bad if you rode in the back and rode in the Vekoma Turtle Position. Rides number two and three were actually quite pleasant. Ride #1 on the other hand... not so nice.

My morning spent with Chris and Piers was extra magic, too bad it was only a morning.

Hmm, my poor Space Mountain is now torturing innocent guests!

Having worked on it, rode it dozens of time with the lights on... I can ride it without hitting my head or getting ANY headbanging. The trick is this: the inversions exits (3/4 helix out of the sidewinder, banked turn out of the corkscrew and entrance into the trench after the Tongue) are the worst parts and sticking your head out is the only way to escape the severe headbanging.

My morning spent with Chris and Piers was extra magic, too bad it was only a morning.

Thats true, it was much fun..........where on earth did you (we) go?

Also, SM was horrid, I hated it but loved the very dark que tunnel!

Hmm, my poor Space Mountain is now torturing innocent guests!

Having worked on it, rode it dozens of time with the lights on... I can ride it without hitting my head or getting ANY headbanging. The trick is this: the inversions exits (3/4 helix out of the sidewinder, banked turn out of the corkscrew and entrance into the trench after the Tongue) are the worst parts and sticking your head out is the only way to escape the severe headbanging.

This is hardly a ringing endorsement of the ride. Maybe Disney should post your instructions in the queue?

But S&M: Mission 2 aside, the Paris Disney Parks were great--the Studio park was a very pleasant surprise (much better than I'd anticipated).

thats like Eurosat, only with the lights on do you realise just how close you are to banging your head and losing your arms, you also discover that someone needs to invent a "car wash" for rollercoasters.

Thats true, it was much fun..........where on earth did you (we) go?

Also, SM was horrid, I hated it but loved the very dark que tunnel!

I think we got separated during the extra special bonus we go on the second day.

^^Hopefully they give you advanced warning... I can see them trying to open that on my mom... they wouldn't have that animatronic long! My mom HATES any type of rodent. One time, my brother's pet gerbil got loose in the house and we found it in my room late that night. Mom comes running in mad because we woke her up with the noise trying to catch it; the thing ran between her legs and mom went airborne! Then she proceed to grab any large object and started throwing it at the gerbil!

Mom: "A rat! Kill it! KILL IT!!!"

Brother: "No mom! It's my my gerbil!"

Terry

It was a buffet restaurant themed to Ratatouille. They don't really 'annouce' it or anything, but I think everyone figures out that you're about to see Remy!

Even Chris said "I bet she's going to have Remy under there!" Well thank you Chris! We would have been lost without you!

And yes, she goes table to table...sometimes depending on what language you speak and the seating arrangement she may do a few tables at a time.

I would love to see this come to one of the US parks, it was so great!

^^Hopefully they give you advanced warning... I can see them trying to open that on my mom... they wouldn't have that animatronic long! My mom HATES any type of rodent. One time, my brother's pet gerbil got loose in the house and we found it in my room late that night. Mom comes running in mad because we woke her up with the noise trying to catch it; the thing ran between her legs and mom went airborne! Then she proceed to grab any large object and started throwing it at the gerbil!

Mom: "A rat! Kill it! KILL IT!!!"

Brother: "No mom! It's my my gerbil!"

Terry

I wonder what would happen if someone smashed Remy. I could imagine they would be in a bit of trouble.

Where is that huge Mc Donnalds ?

Is it @ Disney village ?

Yeppers. And it was total carnage in there. I took one look at the huge mob of people waiting to get food and decided to go elsewhere.

We ate there 2 or 3 times and although it was crazy, the food was good, the counter people were nice and once you got to the counter the food was there in about a minute. The key was to go in the lines directly up the middle. It also helped if you had 4 in your group and you all knew what the others wanted.

To be honest it is actually one of the things I will always remember about this trip.

Rich "One menu golden please" Bitner

We ate there 2 or 3 times and although it was crazy, the food was good, the counter people were nice and once you got to the counter the food was there in about a minute. The key was to go in the lines directly up the middle. It also helped if you had 4 in your group and you all knew what the others wanted.

To be honest it is actually one of the things I will always remember about this trip.

We already had multiple Royal Cheese credits at that point, so we were fine with skipping out on that. At the Versailles McDonalds they have these little ordering kiosks where you plug in your order, pay with credit card, and then go pick your order up at the counter. It seriously ruled.

I do regret missing out on a pizza burger credit, but I was pretty ill for most of Saturday and all of Sunday. I think I ate maybe 1,000 calories from Saturday through Wednesday.

For someone who criticizes others for not being adventurous in food choices, you ate at Mickey D's quite a bit.

Space Mountain: Mission 2 looks weird..

Weird? It's only one of the coolest looking things Disney has ever built. If only it wasn't a total death machine of a ride.

But... it has all this stuff on it, like... stuff. It's too decorated.