TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Europe Trip 2008" Thread!

The bobsled was pretty cool - it certainly was not rough and it did run on for sometime for sure. Perhaps at this point though and as we had already had two MEGA bobsleds under our belt it has not got the publicity it deserves. From my point of view it was Blackpools Avalanche (x 3 in length) but no more than that.

Fun, without a doubt, but I think others were better.

It's all good anyway

Cheers

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, (and you know that I am especially not one to complain about lack of this or that in trip udpates.... teetle), but was the bobsled coaster at Heide Park down, or why doesn't anyone talk about it? I've always thought it's a lot of fun and seems endless.

Nope. We were very lucky in that only the two Walibi parks had coasters down.

Yes, Heide Park's bobsled was good. The trains had a a pretty significant amount of rattle, but it was good other than that.

The chins of doom!!! (And a slight beard too)

You know what's funny? I actually ended up getting most of the time off as a last minute vacation for a week I had to cancel earlier in the month, so technically, I could have hitch-hiked around with you guys for a week again. But, call me a softy, I decided to go home and spend time with my family and brand new niece instead.

Shame we missed you Morgan, it would have been nice to have the official Tripsdrill translation again!! Congrats on the niece though

Looks awesome, just like every other park TPR stops at! For anyone who has ridden both Colossos and El Toro, is the airtime more extreme on one compared to the other, or are they both pretty much the same? Also, do you have a preference between the two or are they so similar that you could pick either one.

O yea, I love Intamin woodie farting noises!!

Looks awesome, just like every other park TPR stops at! For anyone who has ridden both Colossos and El Toro, is the airtime more extreme on one compared to the other, or are they both pretty much the same? Also, do you have a preference between the two or are they so similar that you could pick either one.

The airtime is more extreme on El Toro, but Colossos has more airtime hills overall. El Toro also feels more intense. For me, El Toro is definitely the better ride, but Colossos is no slouch.

Mmm...Intamin airtime that makes the "Intamin Fart" noise (If you know what that is, post about it!)

Yea, the first thing that came to my mind was a zipper when I heard El Toro, but whatever.......

^^That is why I think I would actually like Colossos more than El Toro. My main complaint with El Toro is that I really only feel there are 4 extreme airtime hills, and the rest are either hardly noticable or non-existant as far as airtime. Still, a fantastic ride, but I really need to get to Heide Park at some point to compare------well, make that Liseburg and Everland too!

I just noticed something. Intamin only seems to build pre-fab. woodens at REALLY good parks

Ok, I'm guessing because of the track being pre-fab, it doesn't have that wood on wood sound during most of the ride. But on the massive airhills, it's friction creates a weird sound. I could hear something when you did th offride vids, but I couldn't hear it in the POV. Possibly because of Robb's loud screaming Am I correct?

PS- Man, Kidtums was small!

Ok, I'm guessing because of the track being pre-fab, it doesn't have that wood on wood sound during most of the ride. But on the massive airhills, it's friction creates a weird sound. I could hear something when you did th offride vids, but I couldn't hear it in the POV. Possibly because of Robb's loud screaming Am I correct?

PS- Man, Kidtums was small!

You can hear it best in the clip right before the part where Kidtums spits up. I believe it is the sound that the upstop wheels are making when they come in contact with the track on the tops of the airtime-filled hills. If you want some more clips to hear the noise let me know or IM me because I have loads of Intamin farting footage. I live for Intamin woodie farts!

BTW Robb, this is one of my favorite TPR videos of all times!

I think Heide Park appeared in the European version of one of the Rollercoaster Tycoon addons along with Blackpool and Alton Towers?

It was in the American version too. I believe loopy landscapes add on but I'm not positive. Yet another great report guys. I'm falling more in love with your awesome captions every ptr

It's the "upstop" wheels which makes the fart sound on Colossos when it goes over the hills. The huge hills on Colossos are just dying to have another coaster cut through them and get entwined.

Heide Park is the best theme park I have visited for landscaping and theming etc.

They have lots of room for expansion and should replace "Limit" with a huge custom Euro-fighter coaster.

I feel I may be in the minority but Heide is one of those parks that I've been to three times now and I've felt "I can easily spend more time here" every time I visit.

Seriously! Heide Park was one of my absolute favorites on the tour (along with Europa and Phantasialand) - I could easily have spent another day there. Great rides, gorgeous landscaping and scenery, fun slides, delicious schnitzel... and Wumbo is such a delightful park mascot.

Colossos was my favorite woodie of the entire trip (edging out even Troy!) Desert Race was a blast, and I love the long scenic rides down the hillside on Schweizer Bobbahn and Wildwasserbahn II. And Scream is one of the best drop towers I've been on.

I even have to say a few words in defense of Limit. I usuallly hate SLCs, and when I visited Heide Park in 2007 I was happy to see it down for maintenance. I was kinda hoping it would be closed again this year. But much to my surprise, this was the one SLC on the trip that didn't beat the crap out of me! I actually enjoyed Limit quite a bit - Ivan and I rode it three times!

Robb - thanks also for including some pictures of Hotel Port Royal (the late nite "snack", the sexy pirate bathrooms...) This was our first night in Germany, the first night I started drinking that delicious German Weissbier. Port Royal was my favorite hotel of the entire trip (though Colosseo and Ling Bao were also breath-taking).

Ryan

My only complaint about the Hotel Port Royal, was that it was TOO themed!!!

I smacked my elbow in the shower and damn that fake wood/cement was hard! My mom even heard me scream and wondered what I did! At that point I was cursing for a normal shower curtain instead!

My only complaint about the Hotel Port Royal, was that it was TOO themed!!!

I smacked my elbow in the shower and damn that fake wood/cement was hard! My mom even heard me scream and wondered what I did! At that point I was cursing for a normal shower curtain instead!

OUCH! How about those showers at Efteling, with the signs instructing guests to shower IN the tub, rather than on the bathroom floor?