TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird roller coasters.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fascinated by Chance Toboggans.

Hey, that would be a great line! One character calls another, and says that in same the abrupt fashion as "I'm a suicide risk."

Ha ha! If only I could get my roller coaster script produced (and yes, I have written one!)

O_O You have got to try and get it produced.

Whatever its about, annother rollercoaster movie is always good news!

I alwyas wanted to ride Typhoon as well, it always LOOKED fun but Robb and Elissa made it sound like the most horrible ride ont he planet.

Then again they did the same thing with the Manahatten express, and, while I understand where they're coming from, I still think it was a rather fun enjoyable ride.

I got to ride the Chance Taboggan at Little Amerricka last year. Truth be it known I'm surprised you don't have to sign a waiver to ride any of the steel coasters at Little A. The Toboggan is interesting to look at but squeezing into that thing - I felt like I was the gimp in pulp fiction being squeezed back into his box (I'm 6'3" 200 lbs, so I'd hate to think how Robb and Casey the giant fared in it together).

Here's the Orphan Rocker from Australia, this coaster was built in 1988 and has never opened to this day, there have been rumours about the safety of the ride, and I would say it would make many children orphans if it ever did open (I believe only the owners family members have ever ridden it - must have been trying to get the life insurance):

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1870.htm

^Did you read my post? His family are the only one's who got to ride it, and as observed by others the photo states they are sitting in a stationary train.

The rumours are this one will never pass a safety inspection.

^Wrong.

Roller Coaster: Orphan Rocker

Amusement Park: Scenic World (Katoomba, New South Wales Australia)

See also: Thumbnails

Picture: 17 of 18 (Previous / Next)

Photo: Phillip Hammon

Picture of a stopped train.

EDIT: Oops, got beat to it. lol

^^Sorry Flipdude, I didn't realise you had already put up Orphan Rocker, everyone in Sydney is fascinated by it.

I'd be up to Katoomba in a second if it ever did open.

For those who are interested in the Orphan Rocker, here is a thread on an Australian site that has a lot of detailed info, go through all the pages, there is some especially interesting information from a user called "shotgun facelift":

http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=141&st=0&start=0

I alwyas wanted to ride Typhoon as well, it always LOOKED fun but Robb and Elissa made it sound like the most horrible ride ont he planet.

Then again they did the same thing with the Manahatten express, and, while I understand where they're coming from, I still think it was a rather fun enjoyable ride.

To me, it's #3 for roughest coaster I've been on. For me, number 1 is Beast. 2 is Texas Giant, 4 and 5 are the Ninjas (at SFOG and SFStL).

I haven't ever done Manahatten Express, and probably never will.

Speaking of weird flying coasters: Behold Komet. Located on the third floor of a mall, seven feet tall, strange enclosed cabins, runs on a single rail connected to the roof by an unstable-looking series of tubes. It closed in 2005 for some reason.

And contrary to popular belief, this was the world's first flying coaster.

To me, it's #3 for roughest coaster I've been on. For me, number 1 is Beast. 2 is Texas Giant, 4 and 5 are the Ninjas (at SFOG and SFStL).

I haven't ever done Manahatten Express, and probably never will.

If Ninja at SFStL is the 5th roughest coaster you've ridden then you need to either grow some balls or get out more. Ninja may be rough, but come on its not that bad.

-Justin "Rode Ninja 5 times in a row on Friday with no headache" Seabaugh

Everything depends on where you ride on a train and what train you specifically ride on. Beast isn't that bad towards the front of the train, while the back row is brutal. And then there are extreme cases like Texas Giant and Boardwalk Bullet, where one row is fairly enjoyable, but the row directly behind it is flat out brutal. I'm sure I could make an extensive list documenting the good seats from the bad seats on numerous coasters. People, including myself at times, don't realize how much a ride experience can change from one seat to another. Because of this, if I have only ridden a coaster in one spot, I try to take that experience with a grain of salt when comparing it to other opinions.

This isn't exclusive to roughness either. Most coasters have a considerably different experience between the front of the train and the back, or the left side from the right.