TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird roller coasters.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moonsalt Scrambler

This ride was kinda weird because it's called Cyclone and you're riding in logs with furry seats.

Loop Coaster. They got rid of half of the ride and left the other hill standing there.

Super Ls Coaster. This has a weird layout.

Atomic Coaster. Weird trains.

Jet Coaster. This one is pretty weird. Including its history.

^That shuttle loop in Nepal mentioned above is awesome. RCDB says it is human powered! Now that is a ride I want to go on! The ride in Pattaya Park in Thailand is a bit wierd. It looks pointless and has never operated. It continues to sit out there rotting. They also have a park in Bangkok with two new coasters that have never operated.

Moonsalt Scrambler

This ride was kinda weird because it's called Cyclone and you're riding in logs with furry seats.

Loop Coaster. They got rid of half of the ride and left the other hill standing there.

What's so weird about Jet coaste'rs history?

Moonsalt Scrambler

What's so weird about Jet coaste'rs history?

Just the SBNO. Being off and on.

I think the wild mouse at my home park is deserving of a mention here.

Photo from: RCDB.com

EDIT: 50th post!

Is that a BANKED LIFT HILL I see?

Yes, it is! When this Vekoma Mouse opened at Wiener Prater, it had a spinning tube around the lift hill. That, plus the tilted lift hill, means that when you rode it, it felt as if you were going upside down. (I think! )

I am fascinated by Chance Toboggans.

Hey, that would be a great line! One character calls another, and says that in same the abrupt fashion as "I'm a suicide risk."

Ha ha! If only I could get my roller coaster script produced (and yes, I have written one!)

Honestly while not way out there I think all of Kennywood's coasters are fairly "Odd" Thunderbolt has the huge drop straight out of the station and the biggest drop at the end. Jackrabbit has the lift in the middle and the most insane drop off a lifthill ever. Phantom's revenge is an insane Hybrib with the second drop being 80 feet longer then the first. Racer is really just one long coaster with the station in the middle of the ride.

None of them are normal, Heck exterminator is the most normal of them all and it is an enclosed spinning mouse with theming.

All of the coasters made by O.D. Hopkins qualify for this category in some way or another, but these three especially. The company specializes in water rides.

Texas Tornado -- Look at this part of the ride in general, and look at this loop.

Cliff Hanger/Red Devil -- The pre-lift has a vertical loop in it. The latter half of the ride looks like a jet coaster. Also, the coaster, as well as the whole park, is on the side of a mountain, from what I gather.

New Wild Mouse -- Self-explanatory.