TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird roller coasters.

I've had fun just looking at all the strange coasters on this thread. There are some really weird ones in various countries in Europe and in China and Japan.

I saw this one, but it was SBNO the year I was there. Too bad. It's probably the strangest one I've seen in person.

It's a real tower from a gold mine turned into a coaster.

http://rcdb.com/1481.htm

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^For being inside such a modern tower located in one of the most overly-planned financial districts of any city I've ever seen, that looks pretty...junky. I honestly never knew that was located inside the Oriental Pearl. You learn something new every day.

• 1 month later...

Cool & Fresh, a traveling Euro-fighter knockoff. The brakes keep the car at a constant speed until it's back down to just being a vertical drop, and then it's a trip through rough, un-heartlined track.

It's one of those "Coaster enthusiasts hate it, but the public eat it up because they want to say they rode a roller coaster with an upside down drop to their friends who really couldn't care less" coasters.

^^^^^ LOL! I've ridden that exact ride pictured there. It was earlier this year at the Sydney Royal Easter Show.

The brakes hold you until you hit the red section of track and then you hit the mega shakey crushing loop of death. It travels to the major capital city shows here in Australia, I believe it is apparently Italian? Sure I read that somewhere.

Also gotta love all the little planks of wood as chocks under the supports.

The really sad thing is, this is the first rollercoaster with an inversion I have ridden since 2003!

• 4 months later...
^^^^^ LOL! I've ridden that exact ride pictured there. It was earlier this year at the Sydney Royal Easter Show.

The brakes hold you until you hit the red section of track and then you hit the mega shakey crushing loop of death. It travels to the major capital city shows here in Australia, I believe it is apparently Italian? Sure I read that somewhere.

It was on the Dutch fairs, and supposed to end up in a 'themepark' near Eindhoven.

The Robocoaster on a track exists, it's the system used on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Islands of Adventure, albeit a constant-speed ride as opposed to RCT3's gravity-driven one.

As for the shuttle, it's a PAX (shudder) "Cobra-1". The one in the picture you posted was located in a park in Krasnodar Krai, Russia, and as of 2009 has been relocated to a park in Moscow, Russia, where it is still operating. The most recent new example of this kind of ride (now called a "Loop 520") is Cobra at Conny-Land in Thurgau, Switzerland, which was finished in 2010. It has a unique near-inverted spike after its loop.

• 1 year later...

Weirdest steel coaster:

Hexenbesen at Seilbahnen Thale Erlebniswelt in Germany. It's one-of-a-kind, It's a flying AND a suspended model, it's self-operated, and it can only take one passenger at a time. It also has a strict weight limit of 65 kg. which, as an American, I find highly offensive and I will not stand for it (standing makes me tired).

http://rcdb.com/3050.htm

5ol008bt37q6jtgqmk1fl8.jpg.8a18c90c8e1661a9bc03b2444875aed6.jpg