TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fårup Sommerland Discussion Thread

^This is not an American park, it's filled with people who know how to quickly load a coaster and ride operators who care about their job and do their best to hustle. It's also not a giant park, or a park that people go to for the roller coasters.

Does anyone know if this or any other Vekoma "suspended" coasters actually swing? Because Vekoma calls all their inverted coasters suspended. I'm just wondering as the Reptar/Snoopy junior coaster at Carowinds definitely did not swing. Are the newer models any different or are they just kiddie inverts? I realize that Chessington's Vampire swings, but any more?

Does anyone know if this or any other Vekoma "suspended" coasters actually swing? Because Vekoma calls all their inverted coasters suspended. I'm just wondering as the Reptar/Snoopy junior coaster at Carowinds definitely did not swing. Are the newer models any different or are they just kiddie inverts? I realize that Chessington's Vampire swings, but any more?

I don't think theses things swing at all judging by videos of Steel Lasso at Frontier City and Kvasten at Gröna Lund or they swing a little bit but it is not enough to notice. And Vampire at Chessington is not a Vekoma, it's an Arrow that uses trains built by Vekoma. However, Vekoma did make a similar design in the 1980s http://www.rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8260.

This is the family suspended coaster

we rode during the 2008 TPR Europe Tour...

At Movie Park Germany - Atomic Flyer

Also Vekoma? I don't know, myself.

Great to ride, even without inversions.

And the absence of shoulder restraints?

Heaven!

F_01AtomicFlyer_MovieParkGermany.jpg.988d1a4ef6d71ff89880c511012105d7.jpg

A great family coaster. Is it Vekoma too? (Sorry, I should look it up myself - but, what are TPR friends for, hmm? )

Edited by Nrthwnd

This is the family suspended coaster

we rode during the 2008 TPR Europe Tour...

At Movie Park Germany - Atomic Flyer

Also Vekoma? I don't know, myself.

Great to ride, even without inversions.

And the absence of shoulder restraints?

Heaven!

Yeah, it's a Vekoma family suspended coaster. And if I'm right it was the first with the new lap bar restraints instead of the ots restraints. I could be wrong though

Edit: Just a little add on. I really like the look and layout of this for a nice family coaster. And from what I've heard about the park, it seems to be a perfect addition