TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fårup Sommerland Discussion Thread

Saw that they were asking for suggestions on their facebook for future additions, nice to see that they really listened.

Also saw that the Intamin Jetski coaster came up in those suggestions, let's hope it's something as awsome as that we will se in 2013!

Saw that they were asking for suggestions on their facebook for future additions, nice to see that they really listened.

Also saw that the Intamin Jetski coaster came up in those suggestions, let's hope it's something as awsome as that we will se in 2013!

Yep, the Jet-Ski was my suggestion.

^ It is a cool suggestion, but they already have a launched coaster (Lynet), and Djurs Sommerland is too close IMO to suggest a Mega Lite. What to suggest... HMM

Well there is a height limit of 65 feet, and people were asking for something more thrilling than Lynet, and that had something with water to do, so a launch coaster is def not out of the picture, and I personally think the jetski coaster fits those criterias.

But it's just speculations and wishes from me.

• 8 months later...

new for 2013:

• Orkanen
    ("Hurricane")

Custom Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster
    ~20 m high (65 Feet)
    -453 m long (1,486 feet)
    -75 km/h (46MPH)

Minimum height to ride: only 105 cm (41.3 inches)

Opens June 5.

http://faarupsommerland.dk/dk/forlystelser/alle-forlystelser/orkanen/

Artwork:

414222_10151140497365376_790289407_o.thumb.jpg.d99afcc6c94534924450288f022ee0b7.jpg

Video:

Plans:

topview---708x308_Main.jpg.9bc37f4cdedcd99d6b233fcf08c037ab.jpg

3d---708x308_Main.jpg.39a680c07b0713f01c0f5877ac7dd4bc.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Looks better than your average Vekoma jr. suspended coaster. I like the "Anacondaish" underwater tunnel. I hope it's as good as Kvasten at Grona Lund.

Edited by cfc

If this isn't a prime example of what a modern suspended (Big Bad Wolf, Vampire, etc) coaster should be, I don't know what is. Lots of close calls with terrain, intense-looking spirals, and most likely a low height restriction.

Now if Vekoma would just build their SLCs using the new track system, we'd be set!

It's awesome that Vekoma is keeping the concept of suspended swinging coasters alive. This one looks great.

When Chessington upgraded their Arrow Suspended coaster with the floorless Vekoma trains I thought that would breath some life into that genre of coaster. 10 years later we've seen a handful get scrapped, but none modified. Those trains look like they weigh a lot less than Arrow's do- something that I would imagine could only benefit the structure and prolong the lifespan of existing Suspended coasters. I wonder why that hasn't caught on...

Methinks that the trains on this coaster (as well as Kvasten, Jimmy Neutron, etc) don't swing. Vekoma calls all of their below-track coasters "suspended". Suspended Family Coaster, Suspended Coaster, Suspended Looping Coaster...

Denmark's largest suspended coaster, haha seems like a meaningless title to me but oh well, looks like a great little addition. I'd love to see some more of these custom junior suspended coasters in America, they seem like the perfect mixture of mildly thrilling fun for everyone.

Farup Sommerland looks like it is slowly turning into one of the better little parks in Europe, I'd love to get over there one of these days.

Methinks that the trains on this coaster (as well as Kvasten, Jimmy Neutron, etc) don't swing. Vekoma calls all of their below-track coasters "suspended". Suspended Family Coaster, Suspended Coaster, Suspended Looping Coaster...

The Vekoma trains on Chessington's Vampire do IIRC.

edit: I see that you were referring to this new Farup coaster- my bad.

Edited by Ed Farmer

I live nowhere near Farup Sommerland, though I want to go, this looks really cool. It seems like a perfect addition to this park. I hope Vekoma brings back Suspended coasters like this and Kvasten. But, I also hope they're smooth!

I can't speak for all the jrs you mention but Steel Lasso here in Oklahoma is a clone of jimmy neutron and it does swing. I'm pretty certain they all do since the trains appear to have all the same hardware in all the same places.