TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to add to the confusion a bit more.

I was at the Mountain today and I noticed several large trucks clearing out land above and behind roaring rapids. I know that they usualy do this prior to the 4th of july and just before the new year for fireworks. But they seemed to be on a fever pitch up there. Lots of men and some up there with those survey viewer things.

I am completely intrigued by this thing. I will be there tomorrow for my chicken race with Elissa. I will take pictures.

Guy "nothing to put in quotes" Koepp

I just can't believe I'm seeing pictures of mud excavation on TPR.

I thought I'd never see the day

Although I have to admit having a certain interest in this project. I heard 'Flying Coaster' from a guy that worked at the park almost a year ago now. And that’s pretty much been the constant rumour since then.

A new custom flyer would be nice to see- let us see what they can do!

Cerberus

It's so interesting because we have no clue what it is. This is one construction project that I'm pretty into. I kind of wish most parks would keep these things a secret. It makes it more interesting.

Sure it makes it interesting, but I'd rather know what it is! If only my trip to CA could of been delayed yet again another year!

If the Sky Tower should ever fall down, whatever it lands on will be SFMM's newest flat ride.

Eric

Ironic thing is, there was a lead test a while back that the new leads had to take that involved that sort of thing........

"While working at Log Jammer, you hear a loud explosion near Sky Tower and see it begin to lean toward you. What are your first actions?

Followed by......

Sky Tower collapses and takes out Break 3.......(still don't know where that is really, the drop maybe?)......as well as the lake. What were you able to finish before then, and what do you wish you had done?"

It was creepy, to say the least.

Anyway, I've been on vacation for the last week or so, and happened to go to the park on Wednesday. It was darn near the way the pics look, but I'm not really surprised by that. I did take note of how torn up everything is at the top of the hill, and the shut down Orient......which made the walk up to Superman a pain. I also gotta add, do NOT ride in the last row of X, my friends and I got whomped on pretty bad because of it. However, Batman and Scream! sure are cool when you go in the front row, you can actually see what the heck is going on!

I have yet to visit the park, so I am hoping that someone might be able to help me with a thought. The marking pegs that are away from the general site of the construction, the ones Elissa pointed out in the last lot of pictures. Could these be for the removal of the tower, should they use explosives to bring it down, would it fall in this area??

I do think an implossion is possible. They can make that thing just crumble, straight down, with minimal damage. If they start putting up barriers in wierd places, (to catch debris or protect structures) then you'll know.

DenDen "witnessed Dunes, Hacienda, Sands, and Landmark crumble in Vegas".

If the Sky Tower should ever fall down, whatever it lands on will be SFMM's newest flat ride.

Eric

Ironic thing is, there was a lead test a while back that the new leads had to take that involved that sort of thing........

"While working at Log Jammer, you hear a loud explosion near Sky Tower and see it begin to lean toward you. What are your first actions?

Followed by......

Sky Tower collapses and takes out Break 3.......(still don't know where that is really, the drop maybe?)......as well as the lake. What were you able to finish before then, and what do you wish you had done?"

It was creepy, to say the least.

Haha...I remember that test. That and the B:TR question made me laugh so hard.

-Joey "tried so hard to fail that test (and Spin Out's) and they wouldn't let me" Mandel

How long has the sky tower been closed? Seems like I rode it sometime last year. Also, why is it closed? Is there any body we can talk to to get a guide to walk up it with us? We might be able to get a better layout of the new ride from high up. Anybody know anyone who has a helicopter?

Guy "lovin' all this pre-announcement ride speculation excitement" Koepp

Well. I can confirm that it is a custom B&M Flying coaster.

I know someone that works at the park, and he has confirmed to me that it is a custom B&M Flying coaster. He has also told me a few things about the coaster. And it sound very cool. Can't wait to when it will go vertical, and to see what the coaster will look like, as like a animation of the ride or a redering/drawning/artwork/plans. Or just to the announcement.

Here are the construction pics we took today. I will do a seperate TR of our day.

1794430475_MagicMountainJuly025.jpg.45370203650dafc536c7119260453b48.jpg

Wonder what will be going here? Gift Shop for the new ride perhaps?

1157220692_MagicMountainJuly024.jpg.254f7ce7d3deda7337416e120086b806.jpg

Near the stairs going to Roaring Rapids

1843915099_MagicMountainJuly023.jpg.851dbac37744437449a4e96133e15a8c.jpg

Major stuff going on near the Sky Tower. Is this the ride being removed???

1293067017_MagicMountainJuly022.jpg.a1272352aa9f74d28acc65e0ad528888.jpg

The area near Orient Express

636422492_MagicMountainJuly021.jpg.e89fd580f9cbf8c37efa90fa363e457a.jpg

What's left of Japanese Gardens

1898551290_MagicMountainJuly012.jpg.56a0d1b5ecd3b3577991b6b122250e35.jpg

I've never seen those white things on top of the tower. Anybody know what they are for?

Hmmm.... Samurai Summit area... Other Asian themed rides: "Orient" Express, "Ninja"... A defunct Asian themed garden area... Speculation about a fence... How about, "Great Wall of China: The Ride!". After all, the great wall of China is basically a "fence", no? It's fits with the Asian theming and all this "fence" talk.

Guys, just yesterday I heard that Orient Express may very well be getting the axe after all, a "friend" said they saw the cars being lifted out yesterday, and it's the scuttlebut around that end of the park. Also, as the construction goes on, Revolution will be closed for a while so the construction won't interfere with it.

Oh, and those suckers on the top of Sky Tower have been there for years, my guess would be that they ARE lightning rods. We've seen it maybe once in the 3 years I've worked there, but then again we don't get many thunderstorms in this city. This winter however, there was a massive once that got pushed up against the mountains to the south and hovered over Newhall with TONS of rain and lightning flashes!