TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't be half as bad as that god awful flying piece of crap you told me to ride at Elich Gardens. That thing is brutal. I should have just locked myself into a dryer, thrown in a few cinder blocks, and put the thing on high.

Please tell me the restraints on a B&M flyer are much nicer to the body. I've never ridden one, and if that's what we are truly getting. I would like to actualy encourage others to ride it vs. swearing them off.

Guy "let it be like ANGEL SOFT toilet tissue caressing my body as I ride" Koepp

Holllly Pooo guys,

How do we even know its a flyer, what indication do we have? OH YEA i totaly forgot... They have a model of the plans in the recently painted guest relations building. Oh wait, nvm.

The Hill by spinout, i have to rock climb up and repell down. Theres no flippin way someone can wheel chair up that path. Its vertical. And have you ever tried rolling something down a vertical wall? It doesn't roll, it like bounces off the wall and hits the ground. Surely ADA dont approve that.

Bryan "not even my golf cart can climb vertically" Mac

I wish i had a golf cart.

SFMM was built before the ADA was around. I'm pretty sure that means it is "grandfathered" in to not have to comply. That's how attractions like the Haunted Shack @ KBF were able to stay open without changes after the ADA was passed (even Disneyland took 10 years to get everything compliant!).

However, I also know that when modifying any "grandfathered" building/show/ride/etc., the modifications have to be ADA compliant. I would guess that the construction qualifies as a modification, but I'm definitely not familiar enough with the ADA to know for sure! Hell, that hill might be all they need to be ADA compliant!

-Joey "only knows the basics of the ADA" Mandel

Heh heh, so maybe me saying they could start in as soon as a week isn't so far off, is it? Ninja gardens will be gone, and the coaster will take up a TON of real estate, it's really their only option as far as making a new one........that and building into their employees' parking lot again (good old Scream! took away an entire lot, now parking is scarce).

I know enough about ADA complient requirement to know that the hill will not pass for wheel chairs or the blind!

Bryan (likes to lie about knowing ADA, however would like to argue anyone to the death that the hill aint ADA compliant) Mac

I think it might be a B&M Diving Machine. They really should build more of those. It would be sweet to have a Diving Machine. Besides it all ready feels like your flying on X. So I think it might be a Terrain More than Vertical Drop dive Machine.

Kevin"Finnaly! Another coaster to see on Revolution."Bujold

The ADA "Grandfather" clause applies to anything built pre-whenever. When doing renovations, you can keep the "grandfathered" status as long as you do not change more than 25% of the building (I'm 90% sure thats the right number). In SFMM's case, I think they have until the completion of construction to do whatever they are planning on doing to comply with ADA standards.

With the number of lawsuits in CA, I guarentee they will have either the Orient Express or and new (and really long) switchback ramp running up that hill to meet the ADA requirements.

Elissa,

The gloves are off! The gauntlet has been thrown! You take Wes and I'll take dsngiem. Chicken race up Saumari Summit. Saturday, noon. Meet in front of Goldrusher.

When we get to the top we can all take pictures of the new construction.

Guy "loves a good challenge, followed by a photo safari." Koepp

Oooo!!! That would be a lot of fun!

I just want to know who will be at the top with the stretcher and paramedics for me!?

I'll start coming up with some games and challenges for the meet! Maybe like a photo scavenger hunt thing!

I am so there!!

We also used to play a theater game in high school with competing schools. Where everyone involved would submit a recent picture to the game host. Then the host would send out or hand out the photos to everyone involved. You had a set time to find that person. We would usualy do it at a mall or at the airport. (Before the Transit Authorities Nazis) Doing that at MM would be great.

It was fun and a great way to meet people.

Guy"off on another tangent" Koepp

Hang on, let me get back to the thread. Search game, challenge, chicken race up hillside, Saumari Summit, Magic Mountain, ride removal, hopefully monorail, probably Flashback, replace Flashback with 200' Screaming Squrril, Squrrils! Squrrils! Oh god! The horror! The horror! Knawing at my fingertips and earlobes! Help Mommy! Mommy! Oh s*** Mom flying in on Tuesday. Flying, flying... B&M flyer!

Guy "back on track" Koepp

I've already put together a list of activities we can do at SFMM/SFHH for 1) No Money and 2) Not getting in trouble.

I'm really excited about this. I even have one game that will get everyone on the forum involved who can't go that day!

Ok, took a quick trip to the park yesterday and I'm still shocked at how fast they seem to be moving on this thing!

Some other really interesting things going on as well! This ride is going to be BIG! I noticed more markers on this visit than in previous ones, and the ground is really starting to be torn up. Here are some pictures to show you what's going on!

There will be two posts of pictures.

NOTE: Click Here for MORE photos from August 2nd, 2005 - Trees Gone, Big Holes, and More Markers!

9.jpg.36c2f4ca27e20f95643857517d44b4a0.jpg

This is looking towards Orient Express on left side. You can see they're digging up the concrete and perhaps running cables/electric/etc. They are digging all the way from the Ninja area to here.

8.jpg.4b6974305dfefc1f53719f787348ca34.jpg

Work is still progressing on the Gardens. Everything now seems torn up except for a few trees marked for saving. Not sure if they'll stay there or move to another location.

7.jpg.64cc8383a72cfb4abe52b7cac49a01c6.jpg

Here you can see another marker in that area I'm talking about. These are just elevation markers for now, but wow, this could be big!

6.jpg.0026c5889c16efbb0a9248addaac0b63.jpg

This is where it starts getting intersting. Here is a marker on the Ninja side of Samurai Summit near the bathrooms. Could the ride be spanning this much distance? And if it is, what will be the down time for the mountain this winter?

5.jpg.2edaf72b2afb0e0200e96a268353db75.jpg

Now we're on the rapids side of that same pathway, these seem to be the farthest out markers..maybe this is the rumored Dive Loop location?

4.jpg.a6cc86636622a2789a4d00724229c38f.jpg

This is near the rapids, but on the SkyTower side, here is a marker coming down the mountain side. This is also a fresh cut in one of the trees.

3.jpg.c2acb78ef8bf68ac1aed4a17a3354f61.jpg

Still where the stairs used to be, more torn up concrete and some markers.

2..jpg.24556dac49d952bb74ea162b37dd44f6.jpg

Looking up at where the stairway used to be to get up to Samurai Summit. Remember from previous updates that this is where the Qwalk/Qbldg markers were.

1.jpg.05aee71c00c7fdca4418ab87efaf9fbb.jpg

More work was done down by the games area near the rapids. The heavy machinery is gone as the stairs are completely torn up.

More!

18.jpg.451dc56adbce01fe0f6ff272996c2e1e.jpg

More Caution tape going back down the hill. I doubt the ride is coming out this far, but with those markers near the restrooms/superman shop, who knows!

17.jpg.6b2e20fd4351c0304b83d120702fc0be.jpg

There isn't even room to implode it though, and I can't see them spending the money to remove it when SFMM has left so many other rides/stations to rot away.

16.jpg.cde06fe917d18f1dca9a068ef14958ce.jpg

It's kind of hard to see here, but there is dug up concrete...now maybe it came from the other areas they are digging up, or maybe we can finally say bye bye to the tower!

15.jpg.9fa2caf711a6f3cfea8c76453530d71c.jpg

There's a lot of equipment there...and there are some areas dug up, and let's not forget from a previous update there are markers literally ON the sky tower. Now I can't actually see them removing the thing...but this is a bit odd!

14.jpg.296219106a38d68ec7025af31dadcc1d.jpg

Sky Tower is now becoming the storage area for the big equipment...but it gets weirder...

13.jpg.58a99b14e6e57b9d9d8688f7e5e28d48.jpg

Through the fence you can see that top piece of stairway still remains even with everything else dug up around it...maybe they will keep that area and they are just rerouting the path a bit?

12.jpg.79880a79c0ea94b01db52a4ab66906ae.jpg

Another look at the newly fenced off Sky Tower/Old Pathway area.

11.jpg.be41e490e5e38b93a28bbb1a56a341d3.jpg

Here you can see last weeks picture, but now through a green fence mesh!

10.jpg.5e23cc2ecd933fdeac57e924812fc277.jpg

In two days, they have now fenced off the entire Orient Express/Sky Tower area!

^Yeah I know!

I think most people know that Robb and I aren't into:

1. Construction Photos of Dirt

2. SFMM

But this one really has me intrigued?!?! It could be a really solid ride, and the fact that they are putting in this much effort into the placement of the ride...well, I'm :shock: -ed