TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, I'm thinking flyer, but that's just a guess.

And for god's sake they should tear out Flashback. They won't loose their record until Cedar Point opens another coaster which pretty much can't happen until 2007 since there doesn't seem to be much activity out there...

My understanding is that Ninja is a rather decent ride too if your in the mood for a somewhat gental and yet entertaining expearence. I mean I enjoyed Iron Dragon so much this last year that I rode it more times than I did MF...

ride6

Okay, I know this post is 8 pages in, but I feel it is worth it.......I think.

I work at MM and was just talking with a mechanic last night about the new coaster, it's a B&M Flyer, and Orient is most likely NOT going to die because of it.......maybe close down while they're building the new one, but he didn't think any ride would get the axe. The details I can pass along are a bit sketchy because I don't really remember much (busy night), but the guy said it was going to be BIG, even though the design isn't set in stone. He even offered to let me see them if I stopped by the shop sometime next week, bringing a camera along would prob. be frowned upon....

Oh yeah, and he said they could start breaking ground in as little as a MONTH! :shock: As for when it'd open, I know they wouldn't shoot for Christmas, but doubt they'd lag enough to make Spring '06 opening time.

What I am having trouble with, is you said:

even though the design isn't set in stone.

Oh yeah, and he said they could start breaking ground in as little as a MONTH!

See...im no engineer, but if I was, I sure as hell wouldn't want to design this thing in less than a month. Just a thought. ...unless they have different plans down on the table, if thats what you mean.

Also, I dont know if rides or paths for that matter will close down, as I am sure the park will only be open on weekends during construction anyways, for the offseason.

Yeah, I saw that too, but I just figured he meant something else. Obviously the design has to be set in stone if they are laying out markers and stuff for it!

I mean, it's always nice to hear stuff from people that work at parks. I really do appreciate the news. But everyone has to remember that 'officially' you can't take anything as fact until you see a press release from the park.

--Robb

Sorry for the confusion, they've only got paper designs of it right now I guess, I have yet to see anything because of days off. I'm not sure why they'd be marking stuff for it if the design was truly still kinda up in the air, but I can only go off what the mechanic told me.......whether it's right or wrong.

Also, it's highly UNlikely that any parts for it are at the park already, they'll probably use the gravel lot they used for the Scream! stuff, but nothing there yet. Then again, they might be storing stuff elsewhere, possibly with a gigantic death ray to help take over Cedar Point too!

Ok...I have what I would consider, Breaking News and an Update! Yay!

Aparently overnight, the Orient Express was shut down. It is now decorated with "please excuse our mess: attraction closed" signs. Now, I dont know if this is just convienently scheduled maintence, a temporary preporation phase, or if it is closed for good....I just know theres a sign there.

Also overnight, the pathway, between Roarin' Rapids and Ninja was closed off. It also has "please exuse our mess signs". The handrails on that pathway are being taken down, and there is now green paint markers. The Samauri Summit sign has also been taken down.

Work in the Gardens has progressed, and they are also tearing out the Garden's handrails.

So without further adue, my update...sorry for the low quality. My dad is in Thailand on a buisness trip, and took the digital camera, so I had to use my camcorder.

If Orient Express is in fact closing, I'm glad I got a couple of rides on it on July 4. But, personally, I think they'll only close it temporarily and it'll stay.

That's my two cents.

Eric

I was there on Tuesday. There was a small army of workers cutting up cement where that dragon thingy that went up the hill used to be. Later that afternoon they were placing 5 inch conduit tubes into it and starting to cover it with dirt.

I would've gotten pics but I forgot my camera.

I still want them to remove Flashback and put in a 200' screaming squirrel as well. That and a "Land of the Giants."

Better yet, they realy need to just give me 100 million dollars and let me run the park. I'd turn that frown upside down real fast.

Guy "big tubing means lotsa power! BIG RIDE!"

Yes it is. To tell you the truth, the park has been shaping up more than people are willing to admit. What they need to do, most importantly, is hire way more supervisors, and hire older people. You dont know how many yellow and green taged employees (15-18 year olds, I believe) that are talking on their cell phones, text messaging, leaning against the wall bored, sitting, flirting behind the ride op control panel, and my favorite, the girl on Tidal Wave that couldn't get the restraint opener to work, so she shouted "freakin-A!"

Freakin A! LOl...that kills me.

Oh yea...and git rid of a few not so amusing smells, that lurk around the park...lol.

Yes it is. To tell you the truth, the park has been shaping up more than people are willing to admit. What they need to do, most importantly, is hire way more supervisors, and hire older people. You dont know how many yellow and green taged employees (15-18 year olds, I believe) that are talking on their cell phones, text messaging, leaning against the wall bored, sitting, flirting behind the ride op control panel, and my favorite, the girl on Tidal Wave that couldn't get the restraint opener to work, so she shouted "freakin-A!"

Freakin A! LOl...that kills me.

Oh yea...and git rid of a few not so amusing smells, that lurk around the park...lol.

Yellow tag -- 15 year old, only in merchandise, foods, and maybe as a "park service attendant" (aka: "barf sweepers")

Green tag -- 16 or 17 year old, allowed in every department

Black tag -- 18 and older (that's me!)

Red tag -- foreman (aka: "lead"), base level of manager, same uniform as fellow employees

Red tag v.2 -- still a foreman, but if in light blue button up shirt and black pants, official name is "area foreman"; they're one step higher than a lead

Blue tag -- same uniform as area foreman, but outrank them by one level as a "Seasonal Supervisor"

Blue tag w/ first and last name -- This is basically all the "higher than seasonal sup." people, and goes from that rank straight to Del Holland at the top. Uniform is always a button up shirt (usually light colored), with khaki pants..........and don't forget the radio.

Just thought I'd help you guys out, I'll remove it if anyone somehow thinks it's "too much".

BTW, if you think stuff out in the open reeks, try walking behind the shops on the way up to Deja............now THAT crap reeks! arf:

Oh yeah, and I don't think that Orient is getting the axe for good, but more likely is that the construction will be in the way. If anything, they might re-hab it while it's down, no guarantees though.

Here are a few more construction photos from when we were at the park on July 17th. One interesting thing we did see is the markers over by Roaring Rapids does seem to indicate that whatever they are building may in fact cross over that walkway just like Revolution and Ninja does.

sfmmc6.jpg.6dc1190abb48890d5edfa76145216604.jpg

And here you can see markers on both sides of the path and the rapids queue in the background.

sfmmc5.thumb.jpg.c5427e7cf347113f5facc0bc9e490c27.jpg

And just in case you missed that, here's another one.

sfmmc4.thumb.jpg.ec7fd7e985ba14f04f520a21e5e197e2.jpg

More markers on the hillside.

sfmmc3.jpg.f53cfaac39818b17cbf15cd01686794e.jpg

More markers heading away from the rapids towards Psyclone.

sfmmc2.jpg.475fbd225d3252b08c28c1cb688bc491.jpg

These were along side the path in the rapids area.

sfmmc1.jpg.2e11ddbddafb2f89dffd7a03a1858195.jpg

Here you can see a marker on the hillside coming down from the mountain towards the rapids.