TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

I believe Six Flags California is a combination name of both Hurricane Harbor and Magic Mountain...kind of like a resort.

Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor are still seperately named parks within Six Flags California. Hope that clears it up...

As for the supports, I noticed something very specific in the photos. If you look at the bottom of some of the supports, they have little H shaped block welded on them. These type of supports with the H block, would have the regular footing attached, with an added H block supporter inserted deeper INTO the footer. Now, if I remember correctly, Silver Bullet had a couple of the exact same type of supports where the cobra roll was placed. So perhaps, this flyer may in fact have a new element, and it may very well be some type of element similar to cobra roll...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, I still think they're building a queue ride. That track is just to fool everyone into believing it's a coaster .

When looking at this picture, they haven't even taken out the train car. Does that mean there might still be hope for this ride? Or is it they just haven't gotten around to getting rid of it?

i think there's a good chance OE will stay. look at the picture below, i circled the end of the track, it doesnt seem to go under any paving, it just looks like it stops, like they removed a section, couple that with the fact that we heard they were doing just that from other websites, and it all looks probable

im guessing they have to bring heavy vehicles and such across the OE area, and they didnt want to damage the track, thus the removal of a section.

just my opinion though

Anyone care to have a guess as to when it might open?

We're coming over from England for a few weeks next Spring and will probably hit LA the 1st/2nd week of April. Judging by where construction is at the moment, ie. footers not even in, I expect it wont be open then

Actually, you could do an outside cobra roll, probably, even with a normal width, if it was designed like a massively overbanked version of Magnum's turnaround, if that makes sense at all. It would ride like a cobra roll, although it might not go upside down, and if designed properly, shouldn't have any more forces than those "horseshoe" things you find on all flyers.

^So what you're saying is it won't be opening Memorial Day Weekend?

On another note...anyone know what was going on there this weekend? The place looked like it was seriously in trouble. There were Seasonal Sups parking cars, fulltime ops sups driving trams, ALL the bigwigs minus one at the front, at least 4 ticket takers not in any sort of uniform, it was quite sad!

^So what you're saying is it won't be opening Memorial Day Weekend?

Correct.

On another note...anyone know what was going on there this weekend? The place looked like it was seriously in trouble. There were Seasonal Sups parking cars, fulltime ops sups driving trams, ALL the bigwigs minus one at the front, at least 4 ticket takers not in any sort of uniform, it was quite sad!

What day were the pictures taken? Friday they were open, only because SFMM was hosting their equivalent of Gay Day. I know some of their employees were trying to weasle their way out of working.

It would be cool to have a cool, never been seen before element on a flyer. Something like an immleman, corkscrew and drop to ground. It would look similar to a sea serpent.

could have been one of those things where upper management switches positions with the lower people for a day...kinda like "try life in someone elses shoes" some service related businesses do that sort of thing.

Hey I actually might have a reason to visit SFMM next summer/fall! Sure, I havent actually ridden X but theres not much else that might be semi good there, thus no reason to make a special trip.

actually, it would surprise you, but a majoraty of their coasters are great!

RRV, Batman, Scream, Collosus, Goliath, X, and Deja are all really great rides

MM is screwed for people right now, all the summer workers took off, as well as the international workers......plus idiots getting fired for cruddy attendance doesn't help either. I had to work on Tuesday for Rosh Hashannah, ton of rides didn't open on time because they had no workers, we were pretty tight that day too.