TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'll confirm both of those, I was talking with a supervisor Saturday night and he had a hard time remembering the cheesy tag line, but was able to come up with it after a while. The majority of the people I told about the name thought it was okay, just going to take some getting used to.....like Scream and X.

I personally think that a Huss Giant Frisbee would fit in Flashback's area nicely. And it would be quiet!

*screams in DATman's face*

THEY'RE NOT GETTING RID OF FLASHBACK, SO GIVE IT UP!!!!!

*catches breath, looks around room*

Anyhoo, i think the new coaster is going to be a major record breaker. You know, somethin to dangle over Cedar Point's head, and brag about.

in what ways? i am almost certain it will be the tallest flying rollercoaster, but that is not really "major" i mean, i do not see how any major records can be broken, defainately not tallest or fastest, nor will it have most inversions, and if it did, cedar point won't care, they havn't installed an inverting ride in a long while.

I don't see where your going with this, but nothing will 'dangle over cedar point's head' the sad fact is that only record brakers are really known by the GP, it can be the best coaster in the world, but if its not tall, big, etc it won't matter. quality can only go so far for a coaster's reputation, but it shouldn't be that way.

(example, many believe S:ROS is a better ride then MF, but you always hear about MF because it was the tallest in the world.

^^I KNOW flashback isn't going anywhere-it is too much of an expense to remove it. BUT that doesn't mean it wouldnt be NICE to have a frisbee there.

This would be so cool if it had 11 inversions. That would bring so many people to the park

Yeah but by the time you got to the end it will feel like you're gonna fall

out. Its not as easy to do inversions on flyers and they haven't done more than the pretzel loop, half zero-g or barrel roll yet.

and that would be a huge opprotunity to show the public what they've never seen before.

So.....does anyone have a guess on how long it will be???? My guess is around a mile long if it's going to go all around the hill, and the numerous workers, 4718 probably too, that I talked to said that this is the one that "We've all been waiting for." They said it's the biggest (as in size) coaster that Six Flags will have had so far...

^ I believe this coaster will be huge but I don't think it will be longer then Riddler and Goliath for it to be the biggest coaster at SFMM it would have to be over 4500 feet in length. I can see maybe around 3200 to 3500 feet max but over 4500 for a B&M flyer seams far fetched imo, I could be wrong though :?

If SFMM gets anything over 4500 feet I'm hoping it will be one of those Prefab Intamin airtime monsters

I've heard on another site that they saw people working on some Metro cars by Flashback, So hopefully this weekend someone will see what's up with that. It would be awesome if SFMM could get Metro back up and running maybe they've found out were that fairgrounds in Sacramento is getting their parts from, since they have the same type of monorail system as SFMM.