TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since I dont think construction occurrs on the weekend, and I took my update shots in the afternoon today, I think my update will have to do.

I have just finished it, and you can view my 9/23/05 update HERE...THATS RIGHT...RIGHT HERE!.

Nice to see that the Six Flags Insecurity Department is hard at work.

I doubt they'll do anything negative with the Sky Tower. I really think that with all this attention that the Summit will recieve next year that they will try to get it opperational. Now keeping it opperational is another story. I've no problem with the name. It could be worse.

MM is working on getting the permits for Sky Tower's elevators, they haven't been up to code for a couple years now, but they did the annual inspection a couple weeks ago, so that should be a good sign.

As for the new coaster, the station is going to be up on the hill, I think by the stairs maybe? Can't remember really, but it'll be up there. Also, the main point of the coaster is to bring Sky Tower back to being cool, and draw guests up to that end of the hill. It's going to be centered up there I know, with the focus being Sky Tower. I'm not sure if that means it'll do a helix around it like I've heard in the past, but a supervisor said it'd probably do stuff involving it......whatever that means.

Oh yeah, Revolution will be down for rehab while the construction is going on, most likely 6 months from now is when it'll reopen.

Well, it certainly seems as if SFMM is pulling itself together! Its great that the Sky Tower will probably re-open! But I was wondering, have you heard anything about the fate of Metro or Flashback? I mean, this would be the perfect time to work on them. So that when the new flyer opens the park will be in full force!

Revolution closed? That'll save the park some money on Tylenol at the First Aid center.

Tatsu (I'm making an assumption that this is the ride's real name) is really intriguing me. I'm trying to picture the layout, the placement of the station/queue area, etc. My guess now is that you will access it from the former pathway next to Orient Express's top station (it wouldn't make sense to approach it from Rapids Camp Crossing, though it could exit into that area.

Chances are, we'll see something sometime soon. At least I'm hoping.

Eric

Metro? Screwed, that thing will probably rot before it reopens. Honestly now, with the tree trimming and replacement parts and training of new hires for a ride that NO ONE looks forward to when they talk about what rides they want to hit that day, it's a ways off, to say the least.

Flashback is at least waiting until Hurricane Harbor closes, that thing is unbelievably LOUD, and they can't run it while the water park is open because of it. So, it could open by mid-October......but who'd wanna ride it anyway? It was the first coaster I ever hit at MM, horrid experience, Colossus was the only other thing I went on that day. Granted I was probably 9 or so, but that one ride was more than enough to keep me away........and scare me away from coasters for several years.

The company that built Metro (Universal Mobility) has been out of business for quite awhile. Up at the fairgrounds in Sacramento where they hold the California State Fair, they have an identical monorail system that still runs. It'd be nice if they could work out something to get at least one or two trains working or a source of replacement parts, if they haven't already.

But I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.

Wouldn't it be nice to spend the money to replace Metro with a more modern system? Unfortunately, I wouldn't wait for that either. SFMM, being so hot and rather large, could use a nice transportation ride. With the long-defunct Eagle's Flight and Dragon, SBNO Metro, and the current Orient Express, they actually had a nice transportation system.

Eric

Theming is actually supposed to be done for the new ride, in a good way too. I don't know what they have in store, but hope they can do better than X, Deja, and Scream's "theming"......random plants around the queue, and that's about it. Oh yeah, and in X and Scream's case, annoying techno music blasting the entire time.