TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surpised if it came back, or if they opened up that service road (that travels from the Top Orient Express station to right underneath Revolution's loop) and made it a real path.

Either way, I think its a fair assumption that there will be more than one way to walk up that hill, and that there might possibly be a mechanical way to get up the hill.

So...who is doing an update? Or am I gonna have to go by myself and look like a loner again?

...Oh, wait. You guys have your meet, huh! Well, somebody's BOUND to take pictures...right? RIGHT?

the hill is NOT THAT BAD guys. It would be nice if there was a several sets of stairs near superman that would take you up there. The superman side isnt as high as the rest and slopes down.

i will be there tomororw...ill see what i can see, but i probably wont take a camera because i dont want to carry it around. it will be ineteresting to see if anything monumental has happened becuase the park has been closed all week as its the off season now.

So...who is doing an update? Or am I gonna have to go by myself and look like a loner again?

...Oh, wait. You guys have your meet, huh! Well, somebody's BOUND to take pictures...right? RIGHT?

I guess I will tomorrow if my dad lets me take the digi cam. (last time he did with the "you break it, you buy it" policy)

Revolution had lab bars until people started reporting getting whiplash from the ride. People also weren't following the rules and leaning forward and out the side of the train. You know, the same crap they do on Gold Rusher.

Bingo. SFMM saw it to be in the best interests of the park (and you know what, I agree...I might have designed the OTSR's differently, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to foot the bill for stupidity either!) to modify the ride.

There is absolutely no law about loopers being required to have OTSR's. However, there *IS* a law that makes sure parks are complying with all their SOP guidelines. Presently the SOP guidelines call for OTSR's, so OTSR's it is.

The park *COULD* get the OTSR's removed (or at the very least redesigned), but they would have to go through the process of getting it approved by the state and the manufacturer (well, they could skip the manufacturer step, but I don't imagine their insurance company would be too happy!). It's just a hassle that simply isn't worth it to the park.

Alright, here's the update on the construction. The "torn up tracks" of Orient is actually a temporary road that will be built over the Orient's tracks so that they can move the track pieces of the new coaster up the hill. Orient should get a full refurb (or just a new paint job), and the station of the new coaster will either be on one side of Orien't upper station or the other side of Orient's upper station.

Revolution was open for last night's private party, so I'm not sure when they will really close it down.